August 28, 2014 | 1717 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Toasted

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2014 9:06:00 AM More reviews by harrup

Please don't collectively throw your beloved UD "Toasted" at me in blind fury - but here comes a lonely voice of dissent.

Toasted doesn't work for me ( green/blue eues, medium complexion, gold medium brown hair). At all.

I have tried this eyeshadow in the summer with a tan, I've tried it in the depth of winter with pale skin and anytime in between. I've tried it with different brushes, in the crease and on the lid. I've tried applying it with different brushes. The result was always the same = a VERY shimmery ( albeit not sparkly) peachy/bronzey colour which does absolutely nothing for my eyes. Or face.

I fully concur that the texture is gorgeous, that there is no fallout, that it wears beautifully throughout the day. But that level of shimmer/frost and this particular colour just aren't flattering or enhancing on me.

The ONLY way that I can make at least some use of it, is to use it as a highlighter above the iris, pairing it with either UD's Naked or Buck or MAC's Cork. But other than that it's an abyssmal fail for me. I'm rather bummed and stunned about it.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2014 3:27:00 PM More reviews by gdallar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

One of 3 Holy grail eyeshadows <3

PROS:

1. texture is lovely:
crazy pigmented, super blendable, no fallout, glowy with shimmer but never frosty or glitter-y

2. versatility:
great shadow to pat on the lid, smudge under the eyes and blend into the crease=beautiful rosy smokeyness
or smudge on outercorners of lashline for subtle glow
works beautiful with neutrals, blacks, purples, pinks, golds.

3. color:
a midtone rosey golden taupe, looks different but wonderful on every skin tone.

CONS:
if you dont like beautiful eyeshadows, pass on this one:)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 12:09:00 PM More reviews by jojoS34

This isn't a shock for me i'm a lover of all things Urban Decay.

This shadow is amazing! The way the eye shadows just glide onto your eye lid so smooth and the color just pops doesn't matter which skin tone you are. No primer needed.

It stays on all day and at the end of the day all i use is a makeup towelette and it comes right off. This color in particular is one of my everyday wears!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 8:22:00 PM More reviews by JMG2012

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Toasted is a pink, taupe, brown with a touch of bronze....haha...it is hard to describe but it is an amazing color that I wear every day on my lid with UD Roach (awful name but a beautiful chocolate, plum, bronze) with Zephyr (perfect pearly opal white with a touch of shimmer but not much) on the inner corner and as a highlight and at night I add in Busted (very dark brown...i don't like the harshness of black and I find this color easy to use and I can wear this during the day and darken it for the evening) in the outer V. Sometimes, I just do toasted on my lid with zephyr on my brow bone. I do also use UD Naked (almost exactly the same as MAC Cork) to blend out my crease. By the way, I am Korean and medium skin tone--I use Dior Skin in 040 Honey Beige or LM Tinted Moisturizer in Sand or Beige in BB foundation or Tom Ford Traceless Foundation Stick Bisque

I have used Chanel, Dior, Smashbox, LM, BB, Dior, Stila, Make Up Forever, Tom Ford, MAC, Nars, Chantecaille...and I find that UD has great texture, pigment and is easy to use. The new packaging is cute and easy to travel with and if you want you can pop them out to make a palette (but I think that is $10). There is no fall-out and it stays on all day and all night without reapplication. I do use UDPP, OR LM Eye Basics OR Benefit Stay don't Stray every day.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 4:02:00 AM More reviews by kascade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

So I use this a LOT okay lol. Probably my main everyday color if I'm lazy and don't do a full look, this one and smog. The texture is very buttery and silky and has high color out put. I hate that it is so expensive, and honestly I probably wouldn't repurchase any Urban Decay shadows individually accept this one and smog since I use it so much. I will always buy the Naked pallets though as they are worth it. Packaging is cute and fine, does tend to run out faster if you are heavy with it because it is so buttery and soft, but it has high color output like I said so can last awhile if you want it too. $19 bucks is about my limit on an individual shadow honestly! Good thing they don't have animal testing and they have over all good rating chemical wise on the EWG site ^__^

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2013 12:09:00 AM More reviews by thewomanwarrior

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Urban Decay's Toasted is one of my favorite neutral eyeshadows to wear to work. I am so happy that this shade is permanent! Oh, and the packaging is cute! I would describe Toasted as a shimmery pink brown shade. What makes it so wonderful is that it's not too light and it's not too dark. Like most Urban Decay eyeshadows, the texture is creamy. I also don't experience that much fallout. Wearing Toasted alone on your eyelids is enough to make a statement. I get compliments whenever I wear it. Personally, I think you can really enhance "Toasted" if you apply it over a bronze or taupe base. After I prime my eyelids with Urban Decay Primer potion, I apply Maybelline's 24 Hour Color Tattoo Cream Gel Eyeshadow (Bad to the Bronze) as a base. Then I apply Toasted on top of the bronze Maybelline base. I also like to highlight my brow bone with Urban Decay's Virgin (Satin nude beige shade). For your reference, I am Asian with strong yellow undertones and here are my following foundation shades: MAC NC 30, Shiseido-O40, Maybelline Fit Me Liquid Foundation 220, Revlon Colorstay Combination Foundation in Sand Beige.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2013 1:14:00 PM More reviews by spikester

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is such a beautiful color for the crease. I have blue eyes and this really makes them pop. I pair it with Sin in the crease and it is a beautiful combination.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by xenobia1968

I love this color! I use virgin on the lid and browbone, naked in the crease and toasted on the outer V and under 1/3 of my lash line. It's a wonderful day look and I get tons of compliments on it. UD should never stop making this color! Naked and Naked 2 are my go to palettes <3

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2013 8:23:00 PM More reviews by megancya

This color is so pretty to wear. I think it's very complimentary to brown eyes. I wear it from my naked palette with sin on the lid, buck through the crease and this blended through the crease/outer v...it's beautiful. Soft yet smokey, and so easy to blend. I don't prefer to wear it on the lid by itself, but I may try it under the barely beige color tattoo. This is a standout shade from the naked palette!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2013 2:20:00 AM More reviews by akszp4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had to buy the full eyeshadow after I hit pan on the naked palette. Toasted is such a pretty color and so natural for everyday wear. I have a darker skin tone and it shows up great and almost like a rosy light gold color. I love love love it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No