October 22, 2014 | 1335 users online

CD/Books/Movies - Kevyn Aucoin - Book- Face Forward

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2012 3:50:00 PM More reviews by xoxoCK

Love him, love this book! Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2012 10:10:00 AM More reviews by haidehh

great book and easy to follow. love it

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2012 5:18:00 PM More reviews by HotWolfie

My favorite of Aucoin's books! The instructions are clearly written and the photos are stunning. I also liked the little humor he blends into his descriptions - making it not just a tutorial, but a fun read! I highly recommend this book if you're interested in makeup application.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2011 9:51:00 PM More reviews by retrotrash82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought Face Forward and Making Faces when I was about 13, and fell in love with make-up artistry. These books taught me the basics of makeup application, using brushes, and introduced me to the wide, wide world of different products that can transform the face. Kevyn made everything so easy to understand with detailed product information for everything that you could apply to your eyes, lips, face, as well as the brushes to go with them; how-to sections for lots of techniques such as contouring, tweezing, and creating smoky eyes; step-by-step makeup looks; and even sections about using themes, contrast, use of color and texture to create interest, and so much more. The pages of transformations that he included are breathtakingly beautiful, and a continuous source of inspiration for me. I loved these books when I bought them, and I love them just as much now. I have literally read them cover to cover many times... in fact, they're sitting next to my bed right now! Do yourself a favor and invest in these books. The creativity and passion that Kevyn brought to them is something that jumps off the page and into the reader.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2010 4:38:00 PM More reviews by olivia3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I always dreamed of Kevyn doing my makeup :( but being able to read his books is the next best thing. He was such a gifted artist. He could transform anyone. A must have for anyone interested in makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2010 8:27:00 AM More reviews by kikamadonna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have just now ordered it online after reading reviews.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2010 8:11:00 AM More reviews by ns4487

This guy is a master! Love the techniques, explanations, photos...I could go on. A little pricey, but well worth it for makeup junkies or aspiring MUArtists. I would recommend buying every one of Kevyn's books, they are amazing. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2010 3:05:00 PM More reviews by aquaopal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Black

This is my goto book for makeup! RIP Kevyn!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2010 9:44:00 PM More reviews by Hellokittymeowww

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Classic book... What a genius!!! Nuff said!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2009 12:08:00 PM More reviews by DidgeridooYourNails

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just put "yes" in the 'would you buy this again' box, just because I love this book so much. Making Faces is a bit better, but this is great when in an insprational drout! If you don't have this yet - get it.