October 22, 2014 | 1478 users online

Powder - Hourglass - Oxygen Mineral powder

rated 1 of 5 on 9/27/2012 2:57:00 PM More reviews by candace4125

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you keep your powder in your purse, do not purchase this item. The packaging is very odd and this will open and crumble in your purse. The powder broke me out and sat on top of my skin, which is not a good look.

Pros:

Cons:
*Horrible packaging
*Sits on top of skin
*Causes breakouts

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2012 7:30:00 PM More reviews by iheartbeauty11

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This broke me out with cystic acne as well! I didn't want to drive to the nearest Bloomies or NM to get my La Prairie Cellular Treatment Foundation Powder Finish (I use beige dore-medium color) so I purchased this from Sephora in a pinch. I returned it after a few uses since I was breaking out. I love the Hourglasss Cream-to-powder Bronzer Duo though. It never breaks me out and I can even use it on t-zone area without a problem. For those of you looking for the perfect foundation powder go try La Prairie!!!!! I swear by this and I NEVER break out while using it. It can be used wet or dry. I buy one every six months and change out the sponge to help keep the powder from cracking and build-up of those oil spots from touching up my shiny face . Hope this review helps!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2012 2:07:00 AM More reviews by rata2010

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this powder foundation as it appeared gorgeous when the sale assistant applied it to my face. It goes on nicely, the colour was perfect and matched my natural skin colour and the package was so cute with the twist mirror love!!! But the only problem I encountered and I wish I didnt was that it broke me out in sore cystic acne every time I applied it a new pimple came up. I refused to think it was the powder but unfortunately it was as it was the only thing in my skin regime that was added. I am not sure what ingredient was the cause to the break out but I am sad to return it and back on the track to find that perfect powder foundation. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2012 1:07:00 PM More reviews by glamglamglam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Okay, so I tried BE when trying to switch to a more natural foundation, and that broke me out like crazy. When I went to look for the Laura Mercier mineral foundation, the SA talked me into purchasing the Hourglass Mineral Primer and this foundation. Honestly, this has an amazing and natural finish, I really like it. It however, does not cover blemishes AT ALL, so be prepared for concealer. When my skin behaves, this looks amazing on me. When it doesn't, I need concealer. Thankfully, I just went to my dermatologist today, so hopefully my skin starts clearing up. Also, I have to use a setting powder with this, or it gets oily within a few hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2012 6:34:00 PM More reviews by AJT711

This is a great product, the bare minerals matte was not agreeing with my skin and looked so dry and chalky; this poweder looks fresh and clean.

I use this over their tinted moisturizer on weekend and by it self on week days for light coverage. It does exactly what it is soppose to do; it lets my skin breathe and lightly diminishes the appearance of imperfections.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2011 10:31:00 PM More reviews by suzannaelektra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product is just OK. Nothing special at all, only cute packaging. I bought this in shade 3 and thought it was gonna be too light but in fact it was fine because I was planning o wearing it over liquid foundation and that usually darkens any powder I put on top. I will say that this does oxidize and the color did change darker. It kept me matte for just a short time and had to retouch a few times. All i all I prefer Lancome dual finish or MAC studio fix powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2010 4:01:00 AM More reviews by erikaLA

This is my go-to powder for daytime coverage. It's lightweight and looks really natural (no need for a heavy mask at the office!). Cool compact, too :)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2010 4:09:00 PM More reviews by scarlette77

This is not a mineral makeup. Although I suppose they can get away with it because it has soy. ? Anyway, regardless, this slid off my face and the colour did not match, leaving me with hardly any coverage, hours after applicatoin.
And I don't have oily skin, just the normal t-zone, slightly shiny by midday. It oxidized and went more orange. The amount of silicone ingredients, I think, kill it's staying and coverage power. Move on to LM minerals or BE Matte if you can find a colour match. Better coverage, staying power, cheaper....ugh...I hate when a product has all this marketing hype and no performance. Packaging sucks too because the powder could fall out really easily, so it's not portable and you would HAVE to retouch. I'm NC25

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2010 4:17:00 PM More reviews by darlingtonUSA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am about two weeks into wearing Oxygen. I went into Sephora indecisive, and this looked really good when the SA applied it.

I have tried it so far alone, over primer (MAC Prep + Prime as well as Nars) and over tinted moisturizer.

I have combo fair skin. Some days the powder works, some days it does not and just sits there, accentuating dry patches even. I can't determine what the factors are that make it work or not. (Def needs primer either way.)

It generally looks good at first, but never lasts and looks dry by the end of the day even when it started out looking good.

In the end, the Nars powder was better and this isn't nearly good enough to require repurchasing at regular price, never mind how expensive it is.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2009 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hourglass is one of my favorite brands, and while their pressed powder is not exceptional it has a nice finish and sweet packaging. Though my skin is pretty fair, shade No. 3 is a good match for me. The formula covers shine without being drying, and the included sponge is better than average. The compact itself is very sleek and pretty, though if I don't put it in a separate pocket of my bag it can swivel open.