July 25, 2014 | 1898 users online

Blush - Maybelline - ExpertWear Blush - Dusty Mauve

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2012 3:45:00 AM More reviews by donnahsueh

The color in the pan looks sooo gorgeous but nothing comes out!! I could swirl my brush in there a billion times and nothing shows up on my skin. Not pigmented at all. Very disappointed in this product :(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2012 10:04:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

One of my least favs by Maybelline. Looks like a soft peach in the pan, swatches with a hint of gold sheen but transfers to a 'dust'y veil on my cheeks. Even while using a kabuki brush generously dipped in & reapplied several times, the slightest color shows up on my NC25 skin. If I were to use it this rigorously to get the minimal effect, I'd run out in two wks max!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2012 12:55:00 AM More reviews by zudowdrit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

i haaaaaate this blush ! No color, only shimmer !
yes it is discountinued and remplaced by Fit Me blushes but they are shit.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2011 3:34:00 PM More reviews by PrincessofIce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

So I have fairish medium asian skin and even though the color is pretty sheer and you have to put a lot on, it shows up decent in the sun. It looks pinkish nude on me.
I usually use this on top of more pigmented blush to soften it out and make it look more natural. It works really well that way.

The only reason why I think it's so so is because I've had this thing for like 6 months and the first couple months, it was easy to get on the brush but now it's hardened and you have to really press in there to get it out.

I think this got discontinued and was replaced by the FitMe because the packaging is way too similar. Either way, I probably won't be buying this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/6/2011 5:00:00 AM More reviews by xjennlee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Three words to describe the product: waste of money. Like everyone mentioned, in the pan, the color looks very versatile like an everyday-color. I honestly bought it because CVS has having a 75% off sale on this product. After swatching it on my wrist, I couldn't see anything but thought it would be different when it would be on my face with a heavy hand... completely wrong. I couldn't see anything except sparkles even after multiple applications. I'm so disappointed :( I really wanted to have a nice go-to blush but I won't be using this at all. Not even as a highlight because it takes too many applications to even show up slightly on my skin (NC30 for reference). FAIL :(

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2010 5:25:00 AM More reviews by magnae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Like others have said, it's basically colourless; no pigmentation. It looks pretty in the pan but when I put it on my face or any other skin the colour doesn't show up at all. Even if I brush it on multiple times, it doesnt look at all pink, only shimmery. So I bought a new blush and use this all over my face to add a bit of sparkle/highlight. But yeah... its really really colourless.

EDIT: i found that if you rub your finger in it and apply it to your face, then buff it out with a brush, the colour actually shows up and looks quite pretty! its still not very long-wearing though, but at least there's a way for me to use it now.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2010 12:16:00 AM More reviews by babiixqt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I think its true what other people have said about this blush - yes you don't really notice much difference BUT - I think that case is only true in the house in front of the mirror, I find that the color actually shows up decent in the sun. The brush that comes with the blush is not the best, feels kinda poke-y on the skin but nothing I can't deal with.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2010 11:10:00 PM More reviews by bhindhazeleyez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I expected so much more from this blush! The color is VERY sheer and you have to pack it on significantly to even make a noticeable difference. The color is very pretty in the pan, not so much on my skin. I wish it were true to the color in the pan and then it would be a great blush. Unfortunately, I would not purchase this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2008 10:18:00 AM More reviews by BethanyBez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I buy this product simply so I can layer it over my cream blush for extra staying power. It is sheer, but is a pretty color that is similar to that of my cream blush. It is flattering on my fair skin. The packaging is TERRIBLE. Every time I buy it the cover falls off and just won't pop back on. Very, very flimsy.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2008 5:38:00 PM More reviews by clairjeanmarie

i understand why mysticalara says theres absolutley no colour, it is very very sheer, but i think that it looks very pretty and natural, and is somewhat buildable. the brush it comes with is crap though. overall i kinda like it, but i don't like wasting so much product just trying to get to the shade that i want. don't think i'll be repurchasing.