July 29, 2014 | 1887 users online

Gels/Soaps - Olay - Winter Retreat Vanilla Indulgence Body Wash

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by mallorywouldgo

I just bought this and I love it! The smell is sinful, it lathers on like a lotion and bubbles up to a luxurious silky sud. I smell like a soft serve ice cream cone after my shower, and my skin feels like a dream.. Love.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2012 12:40:00 AM More reviews by LittleViolet

I thought this product worked fine as a body wash. The scent is mild and I didn't think the vanilla was too food-like or "plastic" like others described. I don't know that it lingers past the shower.

You still need lotion after using this wash; I would get itchy if I skipped a day of my usual baby oil gel/lotion combo. I think sometimes the names of these products can be misleading...I can't tell if it helped with winter dryness as the lotion was still very necessary.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2010 3:53:00 PM More reviews by Flo422

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm currently on my second bottle of this product, which is indeed one of the best body washes I've tried so far (I own about 10 body washes, including Lush ones). This product is really moistyrizing and its consistency is delightful. I LOVE the delicious vanilla smell. I've been told quite often that I smelled very good, a little while after I actually showered with this. So I guess the smell lingers a bit, which is good in my opinion. I noticed recently that the smell is fairly similar to Dial's Soy And Almond Milk Body Wash (cheaper + bigger bottle). However, I can't find any other body wash that's as moisturizing and heaven-smelling.

Bottom line: it's a tiny bit more expensive than other drugstore body washes, though it's totally worth it! Purchase this if you want your body to have an overall sweet smell (or if you're simply a vanilla junkie like I am!) :P If you'd like a different smell, I'd recommend Olay's Ultra Moisture Body Wash with Shea Butter. It's just as good.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2009 6:24:00 PM More reviews by finch96

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm going to be the voice of dissent on this product, and the only reason is because of the scent. It is very moisturizing, it lathers beautifully, and does a nice job of hydrating my dry skin. The scent, however, is horrid. It actually smells like the vanilla scent on a cheap rubber baby doll or a cheap hair product. It's just awful. I will tolerate the scent and use up the bottle because I just can't stand to waste a whole bottle over fragrance alone, but I will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2009 2:57:00 PM More reviews by x0kerbear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This body wash is great for winter! My skin always feels dry no matter how much lotion I apply..and sometimes I just don't want to be applying lotion all day. This has helped a great deal with dryness. I will only use it in the winter because that's the only time I have dry skin. The scent is really nice too..perfect for a bath before bedtime as it's very relaxing. I bought a pack of this at Sam's Club and I only used one bottle through the whole winter! Definitely give this a try if you have dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2009 12:20:00 PM More reviews by tadpole02

I have stock piled these for the winter, I buy them at every store I go in that sells them. Wonderful for people with dry skin, especially if you are like me and get flakey in the winter! The smell is really great, not too strong, not too soft. Price can't be beat for this type of quality. Trust me, these beat the high end body washes by a mile!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2009 9:34:00 PM More reviews by ItsAWrap

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a great body wash! It's got a nice, light vanilla scent and is super creamy and rich. It's in a huge bottle but already I'm sad that it's LE and I won't be able to re purchase!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/2/2008 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Smashbox80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

So I saw this at Wal-Mart and as soon as I opened the top to take a sniff, my mouth was watering - it smelled of sweet, delicious vanilla cream! I had to have it - and the bottle is HUGE, so I was looking forward to many sweetly-scented showers this winter. My happiness ended as soon as the water hit the shower poof - this stuff turns into a sickly plasticky smell when mixed with water. UGH. I will continue to use it because it moisturizes well, but I will not be re-purchasing when I finish the bottle. Luckily, the scent does not linger after the shower, so I dotn have to worry about anyone asking me why I smell like Carnation Instant Breakfast!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2008 3:14:00 PM More reviews by misspriss_73401

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the first time i've used an Olay product and I have to say that I'm impressed. After using this my skin feels like I've already put lotion on and my skin is pretty dry. I wouldn't go so far as to say that it eliminates the need for lotion, but i will say that I dont have to use as much lotion as I used to. I think it smells great and at around $6 a bottle, i think it's a really great deal

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2008 7:20:00 AM More reviews by lanae87

Oh how I love this stuff. Winter causes havoc on my skin and makes it dry and itchy and flakey. This bodywash is so creamy and moisturizing yet rinses clean and leaves my skin really soft. I love the soft vanilla smell. Since this is LE, I will have to stock up b/c I'd like to use this year-round.