August 27, 2014 | 1793 users online

Treatments (Face) - The Body Shop - Aloe Protective Serum

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2014 3:02:00 AM More reviews by jeseasy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

this is not oily but it gave me break outs after few days.
I can't stand the odor.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2014 6:38:00 PM More reviews by supasparkle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I dont know why I bought this, other than it was half price! It's ok, nothing bad to say about it, but dont really think its done anything for my skin, so wont be repurchased

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 12:18:00 AM More reviews by MrsNoir

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm now onto my second 'tube' of this serum, and I can safely say that it works wonders on my skin.
I have some scarring on one of my cheeks from a terrible time with pimples two years ago, and when I use this serum, it helps to calm my skin and make take the redness out of the scarring.
I use it underneath the Aloe Vera night cream / day cream, but I know that it's not those creams that make the difference to the scarring, becasue when the serum ran out, the scarring appeared darker.
I also found that when I wasn't using it that the Aloe Vera moisturisers weren't quite moisturising enough on their own which was quite interesting, as I have combination skin.
I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who suffers from sensitive skin + scarring, as it really does seem to help.
Only things I have noticed about the product that I don't really like is that when I first put it on, it tingles a little bit on my face. This doesn't last too long, and doesn't irritate it. I also think that it smells a little bit strange, but once it has soaked in, there is no smell.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2013 2:35:00 PM More reviews by qingdao

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Like some users I feel burning on my face every time I apply. I don't understand. Isn't,t for sensitive skin???

rated 1 of 5 on 12/6/2012 11:17:00 PM More reviews by conilamb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I didn't have problem with body shop's body butter before, and since i never tried their facial skincare line, I picked up something during the black friday sale.

Used it about a week or so, every night after shower when i put it on, that burning feeling started to happen, and my face turn so red, (well, more like a sunburn skintone color) Tonight was the night I didn't put this on after shower, MY FACE IS NORMAL AGAIN!! that reddish skintone disappeared right away.

I believe it would be a wonderful product if it suitable for your skin. I had no luck with this product at all. I may try another facial product from body shop on the future, just not anything from the aloe line.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2012 12:05:00 AM More reviews by Gloryfades240

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this product at the recommendation of a sales associate in the store, I have troubled acne prone skin, and I work outside year round so I am always exposed to the elements she said it would be helpful to me. However, I found that when I applied the serum, it really stung my face. Also, after many months of use I really don't think it does anything. I will definintely not be repurchasing this product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2012 6:29:00 AM More reviews by xxtine1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hmm this isn't a bad product per se, but just a nothing one really. I like the packaging and the feel on my skin but it really doesn't DO anything, no special anti aging or moisturising abilities. There is nothing special in there and it's just a very boring serum, it's also very expensive! I wouldn't recommend, save your money for a good serum!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2011 10:17:00 AM More reviews by Cokioki

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I liked this serum initially: no perfume and aloe vera which my skin likes. However, the more I used this (I've used up half of the amount and it's been 3-4 months since purchase) I noticed that the serum felt packed with silicones. It goes on smoothly which can indicate that there are silicones in it (have checked the ingredient list to confirm that it does contain silicones) but that prevents my skin from getting better. Silicones really aren't suitable in a skin care product like this one, it just creates a shield and doesn't let my skin breath.

I have tried both vit e serum and aloe vera serum from the body shop. They perform equally bad: no benefits, no moisture, and no real protection. I think the vit e facial oil is really good though as a multitasker. It protects my face from icy winds and works very well blended with other products as a moisture boost :)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2011 3:13:00 AM More reviews by wanice18

I liked this product, it helped sooth my dry skin and provided an extra layer of moisturiser to my skin as well as my day moisteriser. But other than that it didn't really do anything. The product was quite pointless to me, and although I liked the product the more I used it the more I wondered what it was actually for. I'm not buying this product or any other serum again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2011 9:08:00 PM More reviews by x3helen3x

I've read all of the reviews about this product and i don't know why everyone doesn't really like it. I love this product! It's the first serum i've bought and enjoyed using!
Pros: Moisturizes very well.
:Makes my skin really soft
:Can just use this as my day moisturizes
Cons: Smells kinda weird -.-
I think im going to buy this again unless i can find another one :)