Becca Mazikeen Jewel Dust

on 11/17/2007 2:33:00 AM

Becca's jewel dusts are loose, very fine-milled pigments in within a plastic clear cube. This packaging is way better than their usual grey/green rubber for colour products, and there is a sifter in there, though spillage is pretty hard since it is a square cube.

Mazikeen looks nothing like site swatches. I envisioned a bright, glowing sort of violet-purple with silver fine shimmer, a real kick-in-the-face kind of purple. Instead, Mazikeen is more of a metallic plummed purple, with tiny red shimmer and slightly bigger silver sparkle (not OTT but just bigger than the pigment particles.) It may have the tendency to look bruisey on some girls because there is quite a bit of red in it - it's slightly on the warm side despite the silver in my opinion.

I have experimented though - adding a bit of blue to it gets it very close, and I suspect adding MAC Violet pigment might get me my fantasy purple. It also pops more with a base - I'm trying out various creme shadows - and it's more 'purple' wet. I do like the original colour - I just can't help wishing for that bright, magical violently-violet blue purple.

I am NC25 (Studio Fix), C3 (MAC Face & Body), 30 (Chanel), 2 (MUFE Face & Body, winter) & OC02 (Lunasol Intellectual Powder foundation, winter)