MAC Matte2 - Brown Script

4.7

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this color. It's a gorgeous, matte, russet brown that is extremely versatile. When I was dying my hair auburn I used it for my brows with amazing results. It's highly pigmented, but does take some work to blend as per usual with MAC mattes. Its also vivid whether you use primer or not. It's a truly unique color, not one you're likely to find in a drugstore brand. Works well as a transition and blend out shade. It's not really one you'd want to wear on its own.

on 1/27/2015 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Love love love love looove this. I really can't stress enough what a perfect shade this is for us tanner (warmer) girls looking for a reddish brown shadow. Very pigmented

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

out of all of my eyeshadows I hit pan with Brown Script more than every other color. I use it as a transition and it allows me to wear any color I want without looking crazy.

on 10/20/2014 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I'm shade NC50 and use it in the creases of my eyes. It's the only eye shadow brand I use as other brands give me an allergic eye reaction. I bought it because it compliments FORMAT blush.

on 3/25/2014 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Perhaps the most used brown e/s in my collection, works amazing on WOC. I normally use it as a transition color but I've also used it for cheek contour. The thing that I really like about this particular shade is that its undertones can vary due to the person's skin undertones. I've found that while it has a tendency to go red on me (NW43) I'll use it on an NC42 and it goes orange. Great pigmentation with various uses!

This shadow is pigmented and is more of a brick-red. Unfortunately, blending it can be a bit of a chore... and I really struggle to blend it evenly. Not something I would repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Brownscript is a highly pigmented satin like eye shadow that has brown, orange, brick red shades. I use it in the crease or as a transitional shade and it is so multidimensional and looks like a beautiful sunset.

on 12/11/2013 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

This is one of my staples, I love this color...on me it's a dark orangey-brown color if that makes sense. I am a GGG and I love using this color as a transition color in the crease or a little above it. You can pair this shadow with so many others that it really is too long of a list to name them all. If I want a brown smokey eye, I apply this all over my lid and a little above the crease with something like Shroom to highlight. Simple but very pretty!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This color has become a true staple in my eye shadow collection. It works with so many different eye looks. I love how this red brown brings out my green eyes. I also love that it has absolutely no shine or sparkle at all. It's just the perfect matte. I tend to gravitate more toward matte shades as I have gotten older. I will still mix in a few shimmery shades on my lids here and there, but I love my mattes at this stage in my life.

I will start with Saddle and Texture and then blend this shade in the crease along with them. I love to use this shade with Antiqued on the lid. I think it's a beautiful color combination that makes my green eyes pop. But there are so many ways in which I use this color. I have used it on the lid, used it on my lower lids to smoke out and blend with kohl black eyeliner in the waterline. It's just an all around outstanding color that can be the base for any number of different looks.

I know that Jaclyn Hill has used this shade in her you tube videos. I already had the shade, but she showed me even more ways to wear it. A very versatile shade that just lights up my eyes. This one's a keeper.

on 11/2/2013 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure

This used to be one of my (go to eye shadows) but I don't use anymore because I switched it up for fun.

I love that it is matte and really really pigmented. I will be rebuying again sometime down the road

Video Reviews & Tutorials