August 22, 2014 | 1060 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte2 - Brown Script

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2014 8:53:00 PM More reviews by prettysaysay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Perhaps the most used brown e/s in my collection, works amazing on WOC. I normally use it as a transition color but I've also used it for cheek contour. The thing that I really like about this particular shade is that its undertones can vary due to the person's skin undertones. I've found that while it has a tendency to go red on me (NW43) I'll use it on an NC42 and it goes orange. Great pigmentation with various uses!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2014 12:38:00 AM More reviews by jilliciouscosmetics

This shadow is pigmented and is more of a brick-red. Unfortunately, blending it can be a bit of a chore... and I really struggle to blend it evenly. Not something I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2014 11:50:00 AM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

Brownscript is a highly pigmented satin like eye shadow that has brown, orange, brick red shades. I use it in the crease or as a transitional shade and it is so multidimensional and looks like a beautiful sunset.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2013 9:07:00 PM More reviews by UWMsGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of my staples, I love this color...on me it's a dark orangey-brown color if that makes sense. I am a GGG and I love using this color as a transition color in the crease or a little above it. You can pair this shadow with so many others that it really is too long of a list to name them all. If I want a brown smokey eye, I apply this all over my lid and a little above the crease with something like Shroom to highlight. Simple but very pretty!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2013 12:10:00 AM More reviews by NativeNewyorker

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This color has become a true staple in my eye shadow collection. It works with so many different eye looks. I love how this red brown brings out my green eyes. I also love that it has absolutely no shine or sparkle at all. It's just the perfect matte. I tend to gravitate more toward matte shades as I have gotten older. I will still mix in a few shimmery shades on my lids here and there, but I love my mattes at this stage in my life.

I will start with Saddle and Texture and then blend this shade in the crease along with them. I love to use this shade with Antiqued on the lid. I think it's a beautiful color combination that makes my green eyes pop. But there are so many ways in which I use this color. I have used it on the lid, used it on my lower lids to smoke out and blend with kohl black eyeliner in the waterline. It's just an all around outstanding color that can be the base for any number of different looks.

I know that Jaclyn Hill has used this shade in her you tube videos. I already had the shade, but she showed me even more ways to wear it. A very versatile shade that just lights up my eyes. This one's a keeper.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 5:23:00 PM More reviews by JadaIgwe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This used to be one of my (go to eye shadows) but I don't use anymore because I switched it up for fun.

I love that it is matte and really really pigmented. I will be rebuying again sometime down the road

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2013 11:16:00 PM More reviews by furiana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My skin and hair are very cool-toned, so colors like this normally look awful on me. It's true that concealer and foundation are *mandatory* when I wear this, but it makes my eyes really blue. It may be tied with Uninterrupted (my beloved ugly ducking) and Copperplate (my all-time favorite eyeshadow) for my favorite smoky eye.

Incidentally, white liner in my waterline gets rid of the red eye effect. For stubborn cases, I'll also put a brown, gray, or black right next to my lashline and use the problem color to smoke it out. Helps a lot, but concealer is still mandatory.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2013 10:03:00 PM More reviews by ElizBehrrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this today and I am in LOVE!!! It is the perfect transition shade, or to keep it alone in the crease for a natural day look. Pairs extremely well with any brown, and the warm red "brick" tone makes it a fun switch from your regular nudes and mattes! Perfect for blue/green eyes (makes them pop) and for brown eyes it warms up your entire face!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2013 12:18:00 PM More reviews by msred2u42

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

imo, this has a bit too much red pigment, which will make you look tired I usually try to stay away from shades such as this for that reason, but I love mac cosmetics all around, just not this shade.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2013 9:07:00 PM More reviews by themerchanwifey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I too ran out to Mac after a YT vid by Jaclyn Hill. She is truely amazing! Anyway I have hazel eyes so this color was a no-brainer, I love oranges and super warm shades, they really pull the green out and make my eyes the star. My complexion is also warm so colors like this look fantastic. Completely matte and extremely wearable, I love to wear it with Tweet Me (LE) or even all that glitters, with rule as the transition, and this color in the crease for a polished warm daytime /office appropriate look. I usually throw nylon in the inner corner and brûlée as a highlight. I agree that many Mac shades are dupable, but I will still repurchase, this color is too perfect to mess with. LOVE!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No