August 30, 2014 | 1716 users online

Bronzers - MAC - Bronzer in 'bronze'

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2014 1:50:00 AM More reviews by candymarie2

I bought this bronzer after it was recommended by the sales associate at MAC. I do not like it. I have paler skin and this is just way too dark. I don't like the shimmer either. I thought it would be faint but the shimmer is too much. Overall just not what I was hoping for. This may be good for people with darker skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2014 1:07:00 PM More reviews by Kittens88

I am terribly pale. I tend to hover between NC15-NW20.

When it comes to finding a good bronzer it can prove to be quite difficult. Most come off and being to orange or just too obvious.

I went to my MAC counter and begged the poor makeup artist to find me a God send of a bronzer. And as always, I was not let down.

I wanted something natural, matte and something that wouldn't stand out and announce itself on my face.

The artist picked out "Matte Bronze" for me. In the pan it is a deep bronze colour, which can be a bit intimidating. However, once it is applied, I found it to be almost too light! It is quite sheer! Which is perfect for me because that makes it near goof proof!

It is a build able colour which is awesome. I can make it darker for conturing or just leave it light when I want some colour added to my skin. I love it.

It blends nicely leaving no traces of lines and it is truly matte. No shimmer. None.

I have terribly ance prone skin, and this does not cause any break outs or irritation.

Lasting power is pretty decent too. However as I have combo skin, I have to make sure I set this with a good setting powder. If not, it will melt away as it is applied to the oiliest parts of my face.

All in all I will keep coming back to this bronzer. I have had it for almost a year now and the pan is not even shown through yet.

If I recall I paid $30.00CDN for this product. A but steep for bronzer, but I would pay it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2014 6:32:00 PM More reviews by MsCadle

Very pretty for a sun kissed glow.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2014 12:18:00 AM More reviews by RachelNEpperly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've had this product for five years. It's an ok bronzer. It's natural looking on my pale skin. Otherwise, nothing spectacular.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2014 3:30:00 AM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love MAC products, but I wasn't impressed with this. I went looking for a bronzer, and the SA told me this color would work well for my NC 15 coloring. I actually bought it a year and a half ago, and it has sat in my makeup collection without a dent in it. I found it to be too dark, muddy, and slightly orange on my pale skin. It has slight shimmer to it, but the product as a whole doesn't have very good pigmentation. I was SO happy to recently find the box, and the receipt for it tucked away in one of my MAC bags. So, I thought I'd see if they would let me return it for something I would use. To my surprise they did (You rock Nordstroms!).

rated 2 of 5 on 12/26/2011 12:09:00 AM More reviews by mckennaxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

As a huge lover of Mac cosmetics, i was very disappointed in this product. It is not pigmented at all and its quite hard to pick up the product with my brushes and requires me to 'dig' hard several types before i see any trace of product on my brush. Also when i am finally able to get it into my skin it looks quite muddy and it takes a while to blend it out. Definitely my least favourite bronzer in my collection. I would not recommend it for anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2011 6:18:00 PM More reviews by rosam1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this! I use this for contouring and I love it because it doesn't look orange on me like the NYC sunny bronzer does. Definitely will buy again once it runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2011 9:48:00 AM More reviews by cosmeticat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you are one of those people that hate orange glittery bronzing powders like myself this is the bronzing powder you should go ahead and buy. It is completely glitter free with a very subtle barely there shimmer. It is a brown color with a slight red in it that glides on easily. I use it as a bronzer, as an over all color, and to contour my face, and sometimes mix it with my blush to intensify the color. The product is not your average cheap looking orange bronzer so it is hard to go wrong but it is very pigmented, so you still need to be careful applying. With a MAC 138 brush you can get stunning results. The only pit fall is the staying power is not the best, and it needs retouching several times during the day. I also plan on purchasing the matte version of this, although they seem to be very similar to each other, for some reason I have to have the matte version too :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2011 10:58:00 PM More reviews by KateEditorial

This bronzing powder -- I feel kinda naked without it. It gives me that subtle summer glow and it makes me look warm and tan. I don't actually like the sun, so this is perfect for that "I came back from the beach without a tan but don't wanna look like a freak" glow. For instance, if I'm to go to a barbeque or something... Or like a party that shows my face. But it's amazing! Def will rebuy.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2011 1:59:00 AM More reviews by ihearttmac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am really surprised how long this product has lasted me. I got this last year and still have not hit pan. It is a great bronzer and it's not to shimmery. Overall I think it look nice on any skin tone and it does not break you out like some other mac face products.