November 27, 2014 | 1210 users online

Bronzers - MAC - Bronzer in 'bronze'

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2014 8:39:00 AM More reviews by fecktopia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm torn on this, because it is natural looking on my NC25-30 skin but so sheer you really have to build it up. I've tried it with a few brushes and the product doesn't pick up as well as any of my other bronzers. I don't find it too matte or shimmery and it lasts a long time both on the skin and wont run out for ages at this rate. I'm most pleased with dusting it on my neck and jawline and it works well on the nose too as it's quite subtle. It's fairly foolproof but needs a bit of work if you want a more striking contour on cheeks.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2014 6:05:00 PM More reviews by TotoBoga

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Awful, I bought it to be part of my daily office make up but after 6 months I have to throw it in one of my drawers, itís bronze on the package but almost invisible when you ran your finger over it, you canít even make a swatch because you canít pick any product let alone with a brush. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2014 1:50:00 AM More reviews by candymarie2

I bought this bronzer after it was recommended by the sales associate at MAC. I do not like it. I have paler skin and this is just way too dark. I don't like the shimmer either. I thought it would be faint but the shimmer is too much. Overall just not what I was hoping for. This may be good for people with darker skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2014 1:07:00 PM More reviews by Kittens88

I am terribly pale. I tend to hover between NC15-NW20.

When it comes to finding a good bronzer it can prove to be quite difficult. Most come off and being to orange or just too obvious.

I went to my MAC counter and begged the poor makeup artist to find me a God send of a bronzer. And as always, I was not let down.

I wanted something natural, matte and something that wouldn't stand out and announce itself on my face.

The artist picked out "Matte Bronze" for me. In the pan it is a deep bronze colour, which can be a bit intimidating. However, once it is applied, I found it to be almost too light! It is quite sheer! Which is perfect for me because that makes it near goof proof!

It is a build able colour which is awesome. I can make it darker for conturing or just leave it light when I want some colour added to my skin. I love it.

It blends nicely leaving no traces of lines and it is truly matte. No shimmer. None.

I have terribly ance prone skin, and this does not cause any break outs or irritation.

Lasting power is pretty decent too. However as I have combo skin, I have to make sure I set this with a good setting powder. If not, it will melt away as it is applied to the oiliest parts of my face.

All in all I will keep coming back to this bronzer. I have had it for almost a year now and the pan is not even shown through yet.

If I recall I paid $30.00CDN for this product. A but steep for bronzer, but I would pay it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2014 6:32:00 PM More reviews by MsCadle

Very pretty for a sun kissed glow.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2014 12:18:00 AM More reviews by RachelNEpperly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've had this product for five years. It's an ok bronzer. It's natural looking on my pale skin. Otherwise, nothing spectacular.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2014 3:30:00 AM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love MAC products, but I wasn't impressed with this. I went looking for a bronzer, and the SA told me this color would work well for my NC 15 coloring. I actually bought it a year and a half ago, and it has sat in my makeup collection without a dent in it. I found it to be too dark, muddy, and slightly orange on my pale skin. It has slight shimmer to it, but the product as a whole doesn't have very good pigmentation. I was SO happy to recently find the box, and the receipt for it tucked away in one of my MAC bags. So, I thought I'd see if they would let me return it for something I would use. To my surprise they did (You rock Nordstroms!).

rated 2 of 5 on 12/26/2011 12:09:00 AM More reviews by mckennaxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

As a huge lover of Mac cosmetics, i was very disappointed in this product. It is not pigmented at all and its quite hard to pick up the product with my brushes and requires me to 'dig' hard several types before i see any trace of product on my brush. Also when i am finally able to get it into my skin it looks quite muddy and it takes a while to blend it out. Definitely my least favourite bronzer in my collection. I would not recommend it for anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2011 6:18:00 PM More reviews by rosam1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this! I use this for contouring and I love it because it doesn't look orange on me like the NYC sunny bronzer does. Definitely will buy again once it runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2011 9:48:00 AM More reviews by cosmeticat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you are one of those people that hate orange glittery bronzing powders like myself this is the bronzing powder you should go ahead and buy. It is completely glitter free with a very subtle barely there shimmer. It is a brown color with a slight red in it that glides on easily. I use it as a bronzer, as an over all color, and to contour my face, and sometimes mix it with my blush to intensify the color. The product is not your average cheap looking orange bronzer so it is hard to go wrong but it is very pigmented, so you still need to be careful applying. With a MAC 138 brush you can get stunning results. The only pit fall is the staying power is not the best, and it needs retouching several times during the day. I also plan on purchasing the matte version of this, although they seem to be very similar to each other, for some reason I have to have the matte version too :)