August 30, 2014 | 1010 users online

Eye Shadow - Alima - Luminous Shimmer Eyeshadow in Palomino

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2009 8:01:00 PM More reviews by PrincessVela

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This may be my favorite Alima eyeshadow. It is a lustrous, warm golden brown that goes on beautifully dry or wet. Many have complained that Alima's color payoff isn't really that great unless applied wet, however, this applies wonderfully even dry! I think the mistake that many make is trying to apply the shadow by sweeping it across the lids, like a regular pressed eye shadow, however, the key is to really pat it onto the eyelid. Surprisingly, it also brings out the green in my eyes--a definite must-try for hazel/green-eyed girls!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2008 5:13:00 PM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

A beautiful, medium toned gold-brown; a perfect lid color for me. I'm honey blond haired, hazel-green eyed and warm toned golden yellow skin (NC30). I paired this with two other Alima shadows: Mirage on the browbone as a highlight (gorgeous) and Sienna in the crease (also gorgeous) with a dark black/brown kohl liner (Lancome Black Coffee). The texture is quite remarkable for mineral shadows: it's not chalky; it slips on easily and blends well. It reminds me of MAC's Original pigment textures, like what you'd find in Vanilla. You also don't need much on your brush to get a color payout. I use a primer with all my mineral eyeshadows, and apply with a slightly damp brush using MAC's Mixing Medium or my homemade Fix+ on the brush, and it works great. I really want this in a full size shadow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2007 7:03:00 PM More reviews by starlight256

This is one of my favorite eyeshadows. If your coloring is similar to mine (hazel eyes, blonde hair), I highly recommend trying it. The golden brown really makes my eyes pop. I imagine it would be very flattering for green eyes as well. And the subtle golden shimmer compliments my hair. I didn't think I could wear a warm-toned shadow since my skin has pink undertones, but this one really works.