August 23, 2014 | 940 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Guerlain - L'OR Radiance Concentrate with Pure Gold

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2014 2:20:00 PM More reviews by RoseMosco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product is an absolute miracle for dry skin. I have gone through three bottles and recommend it to anyone who suffers from flaky, dull looking skin. I apply three pumps in the morning under my foundation as a primer. Not only does it even out flakey patches and areas that may have peeled from dryness but it helps promote radiance by eliminating dullness and makes my foundation last all day. I work 8 hours, 5 days a week in a very dry environment and have the unfortunate habit of touching or rubbing my face throughout the day. Without Guerlain's L'or My foundation and powder end up rubbing off about 2 hours into my work day, usually from my nose and chin first. It generally creates a thin tacky base that my foundation and powder mix with and adhere to. The concentrate feels so nourishing and hydrating throughout the day, it's a miracle. An air brush finish every time I use it. My go-to in the winter months.

*I use this product with Lancome's Miracle tint and Lancome's Dual Finish powder

rated 2 of 5 on 3/21/2014 9:51:00 PM More reviews by Lhegge

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Luxe packaging, but this did not work for me. The first 2 ingredients are water and alcohol and it felt as if I could feel the alcohol. It left the gold flakes on my skin which, until brushed away, looked like huge chunks of glitter. I didn't find that it blurred imperfections, it was just a clear gel that sat on my skin until it dried. This went back, I couldn't justify the cost for zero results. Hoping to find the Les Ors...

rated 1 of 5 on 2/15/2014 3:05:00 AM More reviews by Ynia96

I have a sensitive skin, this product made my skin break out. Don't know if it's the gold or something else in it. Definitely not spending $70 for this.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2013 12:38:00 PM More reviews by pab123

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have tried numerous primers over the years and i finally found one that seems to work on my dry skin. I use about 3 drops and spread all over my face and neck. I then mix a tiny bit on back of hand with my foundation (either Givenchy photo perfection or Dior capture Totale) and my skin looks almost flawless. I gave it 4 stars due to price but i would buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2013 7:34:00 AM More reviews by imperiale

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I should start by saying that I bought this primer on Ebay, and got a far more reasonable price for it...

I've been in love with Guerlain makeup since trying it, luxe packaging, beautiful gentle smell, and most importantly does what it says on the tin.

I bought this primer along with Guerlain's Meteorites Primer - just got greedy really and wanted to try them both! The L'or primer is wonderful in that it is a fantastic primer, very similar to the Meteorites primer in smoothing out the face and creating a perfect soft base on which to apply your makeup. I think the Meteorites is better however, because it softens the face a bit more... L'or, although a fantastic primer, I think is simply impressive because of the (TINY) gold flakes within it. The gold flakes, as far as I can tell, serve virtually no purpose - they don't sit on skin in a flake, nor do they noticeably blend out to give a glow - unfortunately I think they're mainly a marketing ploy.

Bottom line: I do like this primer, but I personally think that the Meteorites primer is just that bit more effective, and I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by lady1974

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing primer! I never used primers before as I never apply foundation on my skin. However, using this primer together with Guerlain Orchidee Imperiale products made my skin complete and polished. There is a radiance and glow and I hope it is not in my head. The skin is velvety smooth, it is absolutely a joy. I was surprised that the product does not leave the skin glittery from the gold particles in it. I would recommend it as my favorite product in skin routine. Love it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2013 12:00:00 PM More reviews by amyfarrahfowler

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a deluxe sample of this primer and had high hopes. Based on what, I don't really know since having flakes of gold seems rather irrelevant to a makeup primer's purpose and more of a "look at meeeeee.... buy meeeee" marketing ploy. Anyway, the product is packaged in a glass bottle. I'm not a fan of glass bottles for my makeup primarily because they're typically used in a bathroom and glass can shatter if dropped. Secondarily, they're really just too heavy to be practical for traveling these days (especially air travel). The primer itself is nothing special and certainly not worth the $70+ price tag. My foundation didn't apply better or last longer. It was actually worse when worn alone because if you ask me the worst thing about this primer IMO is the actual flakes of gold. Do I really want glitter-sized specs of gold randomly scattered on my face? In a word, no. I don't recommend and I would not (re)purchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2013 5:52:00 PM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought a deluxe sample of this primer because I wanted to make sure it actually worked before plunking down $71.00. I've been sucked into buying far too many primers that look cool in the bottle and end up doing very little. Add L'or Radiance Concentrate to the pile.

I'll start with the good points. This primer looks amazing in the bottle. Even though I only got a generous sample of this, the Guerlain workmanship is still there. The bottle is glass (which I like as plastic gets boring after a while) and contains a clear liquid/gel with bits of real 24 carat gold flecks. Very appealing and very "I must have this now!". The primer itself is very smooth and has a bit of a perfumed scent not unlike Météorites. I don't mind the scent because it sort of adds to the luxury in my mind but if you're bothered by such things, the scent does disappear after the gel is worked into the skin. Unlike so many primers that promise to brighten, L'or doesn't leave behind a trail of glitter. The gold flecks just disappear. I've used this for about two weeks and it never suffocates my skin like some primers do. No heavy oily/silicone-y I've-got-a-mask-on feeling. It also hasn't caused any break outs to speak of.

All that said, this primer did nothing for me. It didn't brighten or enhance my complexion in any way, shape or form. I first tired this under a BB cream and, after getting no results, I tried an illuminating foundation and non-illuminating foundation. The results are the same - nada. I don't have any fine lines just yet so I can't comment on its claims that it softens fine lines. As for the finish, I didn't notice a great difference between this or any other moisturizer and/or primer I applied before putting on foundation. It just sank into my skin without a trace. I even tried this on my bare face (on a day I didn't have to go anywhere) and still didn't notice any difference.

I didn't give this product a one star rating because it is well made, it just didn't seem to do much. I get much better and obvious results from Tarte's Smooth Operator Illuminating Serum which is at least half the price of L'or Radiance Concentrate. I'll probably always want a full sized bottle because it is so pretty to look at, but I can't rationalize spending $70 on this for that reason alone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2013 11:23:00 PM More reviews by Karin1539

I like this primer very much. I have used it with the Parure Gold foundation as well as all other Guerlain foundations, and I think I've tried about them all. This product sinks quickly into the skin and will not add grease or give a suffocating feeling to the skin. It will improve the staying power of any Guerlain foundation. It adds a little radiance and will not clog pores whatsoever. A little goes a long way so this usually lasts me a while. I have repurchased a couple of times and will again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2013 5:35:00 AM More reviews by aliceayres18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This primer brings radiance to my skin and is neither drying nor oily. The only cons are the cost and the fact that it doesn't do much for large pores, but other than that great primer!