August 21, 2014 | 2002 users online

Makeup Brushes - Studio Basics - Eye Shading Brush

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2011 7:59:00 PM More reviews by GFree

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This review is for the Studio Basics Dual-Tip Paddle / Point Applicators - I couldn't find a place to put it as there is no review set up for this item. Sorry - this is the best place I thought to place it. These applicators look like cotton swabs with one end flat and round on the edges and the other end is a cone that comes to a point. They come in different size packages including one for about $1.99 for 75. They are disposable. You can get them online at drugstore.com and my local CVS carries them.

REVIEW: Sometimes a brush does not work on getting the true pigment of an eyeshadow on the lid (even when using a primer). I have been looking for a sponge or cotton applicator that will do it. These are cotton swabs with tips that are denser and more compacted than regular cotton swabs. They are about 1/4 inch longer too. One end is pointed which is great for makeup fixes - e.g., concealer gets into tiny lines under eye, stray mascara marks, etc. Tip helps get the error and not take off the rest of your makeup. I also use it to apply powder to set eyeliner. Works very well for that. The other end does have an annoying square stamp on each side from the manufacturing. I thought this would be a problem, but it is not with the shadows I use - most of them are high end lines. Sometimes the color goes all over the swab but not in the square part. Even so, the application is even on my eyelid. Would prefere if they did not have the square anyway so took a 1/2 lippie away for that. These do not soak up a lot of shadow either, which is nice. Prevents "fall out" onto your face below the eye. I wear contacts and have sensitive eyes, and these--at least my pack- did not have any strays or fly-away bits. Surfaces are very smooth. I store mine in a plastic container that fits them perfectly. I will rebuy when I run out. Wish they were made in U.S.A. as I am concerned about items made in China (took another 1/2 lippie off for that)- as I have no clue as to quality control and manufacturer does not list any guarantees on the packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2008 12:32:00 PM More reviews by Foundation101

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

PRODUCT: Eye Shading Brush

COST: $2.99

DISCRIPTION: Bush about 4 inches long

BISTELS: Rough but they hold the eyeshadow well and don't shed.

WOULD I BUY AGAIN: Yes but only because of the price. The brush is really to small but does a good job. A good brush for a price so cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2007 4:18:00 AM More reviews by boscardin

I have about six of these brushes. I absolutely love it. The bristles are very soft and pick up eye shadow very easily. They don't waste the shadow either. It glides on very soft and feels great as it runs over the eyelid. I would definitely recommend this brush to anyone who asked.