April 17, 2014 | 1911 users online

Hair Styling Tools - FHI - FHI Runway 1

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 5:52:00 PM More reviews by cmoncomeon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the HG of flat irons, PERIOD! Solid pure porcelain plates make my course curly hair super shiny, straight & frizz free. Too bad this iron is so hard to find & absurdly expensive!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2012 4:39:00 PM More reviews by cainca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

First and only flatiron I've ever bout so I can't compare to less expensive options out on the market. I realize this item is now SUPER expensive (when I bought it a couple years ago it was about $50 less expensive). I can say that it works GREAT and I'm happy I bought it.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2010 8:40:00 AM More reviews by stacyhigh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

UGH dont waste your money on this flat iron! I bought this after hearing all the reviews saying this is the best iron available but its all hype. First off the box it was in was just a cardboard box ( i would have expected better packaging since the iron is sooo expensive) and the iron had a little bit of bubble wrap on it. I could tell the first time i used it that something wasnt right cause my hair kept getting caught and breaking in the frame around the ceramic plates. The iron didnt slide through my hair easly at all it kinda got hung and left creases in my hair. After just 3 uses the plates were starting to get discolored. If i could give this iron a 0 i would have. Dont waste your money on this iron. I sent mine back and got a refund :(

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2009 4:35:00 PM More reviews by gina01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I first tried this out at my hairdresser and it did wonders. Not only did it straighten my hair but my frizzy, stubborn, dull, curly hair turned silky smooth and shiny in one sweep. Somehow this straightner makes my hair straighter than any other iron and it also does it faster. Also makes the texture softer. p.s im mixed so my hair is pretty coarse. I havent tried the other FHI versione but i wouldnt bother because this one does the job so well. For some reason they went with a white ceramic plate as opposed to red, i don't know if that makes a difference in performance, i do kno that theres a huge price difference....Its not pretty or fancy looking but its proven durable and def does the job. My hair dresser was selling the runway for close to 500$CAD but i bought it online for 320$ including shipping. If she had never tried it on me i would not have spent so much as i often get my straightners & curlers cheap at a beauty outlet. But im glad i did because it was definately worth it and if it dies i will def by it again...so far iv'e had it for a little over a year and its still going strong!

some feats;

1" self-adjusting, beveled plates
flip/curl/straighten
Safe for damp-to-dry
100% pure ceramic white plate
heats and cools fast
Nano Fuzeion = Nano Ti + NanoTiO2 + Nano Ag Technology: Variable temperature from 140-450

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2009 3:18:00 PM More reviews by MsAnthropy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

No doubt the best flat iron on the market today.

Close 2nd would be the FHI platform or Hana Elite and 3rd would be the Babyliss Nano Titanium Pro

FEATURES
Heats up almost instantly. 20 seconds at most. Cools down very quickly too so it can be put away. 360 swivel cord so it doesnt get caught, tangled.

Adjustable temp from 120-450. Unlike the Chi/GHD, most other irons which are constanly stuck at 410 degrees.

Not just a flat iron. Has shifting plates so it can be used to make nice curls as well. Simply turn the iron 180 degrees and pull

ONLY iron with the exception of the Hana Elite and Le Angelique that boasts full ceramic plates. *Everything* else on the market that claims to be ceramic is actually a couple of thin coats of ceramic over something else.

ONE GRIPE
Why would they make the plates white. Kinda dumb move. You pay a $450 for an iron you want it to stay looking nice.

The white plates begin to yellow as soon as a single use. Faster if you put lots of product in your hair or use a heat protectant. When the iron hits dampish products it sizzles and leaves like a burn stain on the white plates.

Outrageously priced. Marketed more toward pros

Not that much better than the FHI platform. People on LHCF swore this one made their hair silkier but i experienced no such thing.

If i were to do a blind test id never be able to tell the difference between the two and I'll bet no onlooker could see the difference either.

If you have to choose. Go for the $90 platform. Its almost just as good and aside from the makeup of the plates has all the same features.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2009 2:05:00 PM More reviews by Stasea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This review is for the 1-inch PLATFORM model, which I don't see in the choices....

After doing a lot of research, I found this baby online and LOVE it to bits. I wanted everything but the kitchen sink in my flat iron, if possible... Nano, even ceramic heat, a wide range of heat settings, compact, easy to use, satisfaction guarantee/good warranty, tourmaline, beveled plates... This has it all. I don't like to put much heat on my hair, and when I do, I want minimal impact. This iron does that for me. It leaves my 3 type AA natural hair super soft and silky, It also curls really really good and FAST! I love how it heats from 140 to 450!! I use a low setting, about 155, and it works great!! My hair is very fine and too much heat just makes it burn or just limp and too straight!

This is my fave flat iron of all time!!!

I tried Chi and it was way too hot for my fine hair.

Hot Tools was good but still a bit too hot for my liking and a bit drying, and clunky.

t3-- is good but it would snag and pull my hair and took a while to straighten.

Babyliss-- is actually excellent for the price. I bought my 13 y.o. niece one for her biracial loose wavy hair. Againm it was a bit too hot for me and didnt meet all my criteria :0)

I had a Maxi Glide also, that I loved it for about 3 years but then the plates started to burn and the heat setting became inconsistent. I decided to try and all new brand and I'm glad I did.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2009 12:56:00 AM More reviews by puro1212

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have seen fake FHI Runway. So, please be sure to buy from authentic source. One place I like is FHIiron.com.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2008 3:50:00 PM More reviews by honeyshop247

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After 4+ years of using this flat iron... It has got to be the best hair styling tool investment I have made! It heats up instantly, and the variable temperature settings allows me to choose my level of straightning. Whenever this one burns out- which they inevitably do... I'm getting another.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2007 9:55:00 PM More reviews by BCbabe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My HAI Convertible just got ousted! After lemming the FHI for a few years, I found this newest Runway version on eBay for about $190US (it retails for $400) so I splurged for an early Christmas present. After several uses I can truly say this is the best iron I've ever used to date. I have a T3 as well as my HAI and this one is the clear winner. It gives me straight but not flat hair (perhaps it's because I"m using a 1" as opposed to my 1 3/8" T3 or 1 1/4" HAI) and it seems to give more volume but still straightens with one pass. Curls and flips are much easier with this as well. One of the few irons with a true 100% solid ceramic adjustable (floating) plates. Never pulls or catches (but neither do my other irons). My hair stays straighter in humid weather too. (My HAI was good at this but my T3 for some reason allowed frizz to happen much more quickly ~ weird! I did have a fear that this iron might do the same but I'm happy to report it helps keep frizz at bay at least as well as my HAI). My hair feels so smooooth!
Feels solid and well made as well. I have yet to try the raved about GHD but I don't think I'll need to try another iron for a while! :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No