July 31, 2014 | 1969 users online

Skincare - Body - The Naked Bee - Hand & Body Lotion

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2014 3:37:00 PM More reviews by KatWKSF

As others have mentioned, the scent of this product leaves much to be desired. I ordered this from Amazon, and I'm not kidding, when I opened the box, the fragrance hit me, even though the lotion was SEALED IN A PLASTIC BAG inside of the box (and no, it hadn't leaked). I can't really describe the scent; yes, it's kind of herb-y, but it's also sweet/sickening. It's NOT herb-y a la Aveda or Kevin Murphy. Not at all. I tried it once or twice on my hands, and the moisturization offered was not so amazing that it was worth the nasty fragrance to me. This moisturized no better nor worse than Shea Moisture's Olive Oil lotion (which I was looking to replace with something better). I have extremely dry hands and I have tried everything, down to rubbing pure oil and vitamin E on them. Nothing seems to help. I gave this lotion to my assistant the day after I bought it, which is a shame for what I spent and for how eagerly I had anticipated trying this. Kudos for being organic and cruelty-free, etc., but I hate the scent too much to use it and the moisturizing properties alone weren't enough to redeem.
**UPDATE** I hated the smell so much (and its pathetic moisturizing properties) that I gave this to my assistant the day after it arrived in my mail. What a huge waste of money.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 1:53:00 PM More reviews by PinkIcing1

This works like a charm! It's so moisturizing, doesn't feel sticky, and is au naturel. What I don't like is the scent. It smells too herby. (Someone got it for me)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 3:48:00 AM More reviews by Freckledgrrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I first found this lotion in Everette, PA at a tourist spot on top of a mountain. Turns out I can find it locally, and I have also bought some in another scent off an auction site. I love this lotion! Highly scented, thick, sinks right in, but I wouldn't recommend it for someone who has oily skin. I'm 47, and have increasingly dry and crepey skin (thanks to the waning hormones), and it is great everywhere but my face and back (the only oily spots).

Good stuff, good value, not the thin watery stuff you get from many big-box stores and drugstores.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 3:08:00 AM More reviews by xenobia1968

I found this for sale over on the Oregon coast in Lavender ... OMG!!! I love this lotion! It sinks right in and doesn't leave any residue. If I can't find it again, I'll order online. It really is that good <3 The smell is quite strong at first, but doesn't last long at all. I love the smell of lavender so it doesn't bother me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 3:08:00 PM More reviews by crobertson01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this lotion. It's very moisturizing--perfect for winter days. And even though it's scented (people tell me it smells like candy), it never irritates my skin. Silky.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by Vinadet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product works amazingly well! It's concentrated, so you need only a small drop (like a dime-size amount) for your hands. It absorbs quickly and is super moisturizing. I never get that "lotion-y", sticky feel; my hands just feel clean and smooth. If it weren't so expensive, I'd make this my HG lotion. Someone said the Orange Blossom Honey smell reminds them of a sweettart, and I'd have to say it reminds me of a smartie. All scents aside, I'd say this product is definitely worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2008 10:28:00 AM More reviews by furrykitty

This product line is fantastic. It just goes to show you, that if you really take the time and seek out safer solutions, that there are many wonderful choices. I love the fragrance of honey orange blossoms, not too overpowering, but a nice clean smell that my husband says is hypnotizing. It leaves my skin soft and younger looking and absorbs quickly - lasts through several hand washings. Their facial moisterizer, soap and shampoo are equally impressive without breaking the bank.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2007 6:12:00 PM More reviews by its4kix

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this! It's one of the best moisturizers I've tried. Goes on smooth and silky, sinks in immediately. Impressive moisturizing power. The gorgeous smell of orange blossom honey lingers a long time too, have received great compliments about it. It's fairly inexpensive. I bought the 2.25oz tube, which is the perfect size for my everyday handbag and especially the airplane carry-on bag.