October 25, 2014 | 1644 users online

Cleansers - Neostrata - Foaming Glycolic Wash (AHA 20)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 12:45:00 AM More reviews by njboy1967

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my go to cleanser. With a whopping 20 % AHA. I use a rather high AHA product, Retin-a, so the high content of AHA;s don't bother my skin. Leaves the skin so cleansed and purified.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2013 2:13:00 PM More reviews by LeonorSousa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought this product yesterday, used it only once and I'm not using it ever again!
I have combination skin and I'm quite used to AHA, BHA and Retinol products but this wash irritated and dried my skin beyond my worse expectations. The second main ingredient in this formulation is alcohol which irritates and dries skin - the smell of alcohol is so strong it even irritated my eyes. I spent 35 euros on this. Save your money and stay away from this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2012 12:44:00 PM More reviews by stephpyne

I wonder if some of you are using it too often?

I'd recommend this only as a weekly (maybe twice-weekly) treatment or occasional overnight fix. The rest of the week I use a gentle cream cleanser & hot cloth. If my skin is feeling congested or particularly dull, I leave the foam on a little longer (usually while I'm brushing my teeth) before washing off. Then I follow up with the Neostrata smoothing cream on any trouble spots, a hydrating cream on the rest.

I got 3 glycolic mini peels from a dermatologist to address dullness and a little pigmentation on my face. Rather than fork out for peels again the next year, I bought this cleanser. At first I did use it a little too often (3 days in a row) and my skin ended up slightly 'sun-burned', but used sparingly it's just as effective as the peels for keeping my skin bright, clear and plumped up.

The price is reasonable if you use it weekly - mine has lasted a year. Repurchasing now!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2012 7:34:00 AM More reviews by lushyluxe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Too harsh on the face. It left me with dry skin and few hours later 2 painful cyctic pimples appeared on my cheeck. I took the advise from one of the MUA reviewers and relegated usage of this to my legs, which usually have keratin bumps. Now my legs are smooth and soft. I would'nt use this on my face again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2012 6:16:00 PM More reviews by annawarhol

Iím giving this product 5 stars because itís not flawless, but it is the one product that has been a saving grace for me consistently. I began using this a year ago after the dermatologist performing my microdermabrasions recommended it to me. I have acne-prone skin that is also extremely prone to red marks that take months to fade, as well as rosacea, so normal acne-fighting face washes only covered half the battle. This foaming wash makes my skin clearer than I ever thought possible, as grossly cliche as that sounds. Not only does it prevent zits, it constantly exfoliates my skin to fade any lasting redness. For the first time ever, I feel completely comfortable leaving the house with absolutely no makeup, which is absolutely incredible in a college setting where Iím always hopping between my friendsí dorms. Hopefully Iíll thank my past self for this as it promises wrinkle reduction as well. I will note that I am on birth control and two different pills for acne, I take omega-3 and flaxseed oils daily, and I shower at night, which Iíve noticed has made a dramatic difference in the quality of my skin (maybe itís the vapor opening my pores, maybe itís the complete removal of makeup--who knows). I also use Retin-A at night, which combats redness and acne as well, but these two products together do cause a lot of dryness. Iíve begun to moisturize both in the morning and at night, and I threw out my foundation with salicylic acid in it in favor of a less drying one. Iím 19 and have had consistent acne that Iíve been combating since I was 9, so I sometimes feel like my skin is completely immune to acne products by now; this might be the reason that Iíve found success using the NeoStrata wash twice a day while others might find itís too strong to use at all. If nothing else, I would strongly recommend this wash if you struggle with scars and redness, have acne, and might want a different approach after finding little success with the normal benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid routines. I wish you guys the best of luck!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2012 5:12:00 PM More reviews by poppydoll

Depending on your skin type this product can either be a total hit or a huge fat miss. My lovely mum recommended this to me and said this cleanser was responsible for getting rid of her dark spots and tightening up her pores. On her normal, slightly oily skin this was a godsend, but after only four days on my combo/sensitive/acne prone skin, my face blew up. The first day felt great but this quickly became very drying and irritating for my skin, and it also left 5 pimples behind for me to make friends with. Will definitely not repurchase for myself, but I must admit my mum's complexion has improved.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2012 6:45:00 PM More reviews by strawbery

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is strong! I only use it once a week and I apply an extra concentrated cream or serum afterwards. The first time I used it for 3 days in a row and my face felt like it had been stripped and baked! I had redness and irritation. Maybe OK as a deep cleanser but not everyday for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2011 7:01:00 PM More reviews by asw37

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have sporadically used this product for the last two and a half years in order to reduce some melasma and sun damage I had on my face. I paid $54 NZD for it, which seemed pretty steep for something that is on your face for about a minute.

The first time I used the cleanser I thought it was great because it got rid of every flakey bit of skin on my face. Yah I thought!! Several hours later, my face was nice and shiny, but I thought my face was going to crack. It felt very, very dry. I didn't use the product for a couple of days, and then used it again. Same thing. Nice and shiny, but SO dry and dehydrated.

The other thing about the cleanser that struck me was the over bearing smell of Pimms. I don't mind the smell of Pimms, but I'd rather not have my face smelling like booze, albeit the tasty and expensive upper crust stuff.

I have tried and persisted with this cleanser but I'd never repurchase. It's expensive and makes my face super dry and raw feeling. I've recently had on operation on my foot and it was in a cast for a fortnight so have put the cleanser to work on the dead skin there. And it works well, I prefer this cleanser on my feet rather than my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2010 1:09:00 PM More reviews by pauco

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

At first it was a bit tough and left my sensitive skin dry so I had to use my moisturizer more than usual. I switch to only washing my face at the end of the day with this product. My skin seems to have adjusted just fine. It really prevents breakouts and your skin feels really nice and clean!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2010 5:05:00 PM More reviews by roukenshin

Did not help my acne, only made it worse. :( I tried this product under the recommendation from my best friend. I should have realized at the time that our skin types are not even close. I have combination/acne-prone skin that is tan and she is fair with dry to normal skin. This product made my skin very irritated and broken out. My skin was in the worst condition it has ever been. I was only trying to get rid of a few problem pimples that had popped up from me regularly washing my face. I was also trying to get rid of blackheads in my nose and forehead area. I don't recommend this product with skin like mine because if it doesn't work for you, it will really mess your skin up.