Monistat - Chafing Relief Powder-Gel

3.9

Active Ingredients: Dimethicone (1.2%) Inactive Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone/ Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Trisiloxane. ---------------------------------------------------- COMPARISON: SmashBox Photo Finish Primer ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Silica, Dimethicone/ Vinyldimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Extract, Propylene Glycol, Water (Aqua, Eau), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Cola Acuminata Seed Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract.

on 6/25/2015 10:08:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

i have never used a primer so i thought i would start with this because of the price. didnt work for me. made my face more oily and didnt help makeup last longer. 😢

on 6/25/2015 6:50:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this because of all the good reviews out there. I actually didn't like it as a face primer as it caused me clogged pores. However I ended up using it under my eyes and I love it. It helps my under eye area stay smooth and soft. I use it every night, and the next day my under eyes are so incredibly soft. It makes concealer stay put all day. Im glad I found a use for this baby!

on 6/16/2015 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

Love this as a face primer! This works better than high end primers. My skin is super oily and this keeps my face shine free and helps my makeup last all day long! Super affordable, keeps me matte and it's amazing. Holy grail face primer! Ive been using it for years. Makes my makeup go on smoothly, minimizes my pores and my makeup always looks fresh and my makeup stays on all day. Highly recommend to everyone. It is also affordable and you get a lot of product!

on 6/13/2015 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Okay so first of all, I used it as a primer with good and bad results. It's an AMAZING product as far as keeping shine away and makeup staying in place. I used it twice, the first day I couldn't really tell because I only wore it for an hour. The second day I wore it for 8 hours through a hot day and let me say, I was absolutely amazed! I kept telling my friend to look at the difference in my makeup. It stayed matte all day for the first time in forever, I'm usually blotting my face every 10 minutes throughout the day because I get super shiny. This saved me! I've told others to check it out and recommended it to my mom. However, the next morning I woke up with major breakouts, I was completely bummed :-( ! So disappointed, although I wasn't in shock as I've read many reviews here that complain about breaking out afterwords, it just sucks I can't use it anymore! If you're not prone to acne or know you don't have a silicone allergy, definitely try it out. If you are acne prone, still give it a chance, everyone's skin is different. All I can say is this stuff works. Back to finding that perfect primer!

on 5/15/2015 3:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I will preface this with the answer to the question I was most concerned about: does it extend the wear of your makeup (because seriously, if not, why bother?) the answer is: yes. I wore this under my makeup for 12 hours today, which included a mile long walk through heavy rain (don't ask) and by the end of the night, no creasing, barely any shine, and still full coverage. On a different note, I'm typically not a fan of silicone primers. I know they blur lines, but they always seem to oxidize weirdly. This "primer" is no exception to either of those qualities, but the oxidation is minimal and tolerable (and if you aren't ghostly pale, like I am, probably not even noticeable.) overall, I'm impressed. It feels really smooth and is DEFINITELY way better than some drugstore silicone primers I've tried, like nyx and hard candy (which are so greasy and make your makeup slide.) if you like silicone primers, like smashbox or lorac, then this is a no brainer. It's identical in every way to those $30 ones, just without the nice packaging (and hefty price tag.)

on 4/29/2015 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This has to be one of the best primers going. And when I tell friends I ran out of Monistat for my makeup bag the usually die laughing. But the joke is on the ladies who are spending huge $$$ buying special primers when a tube of this is very reasonable and makes any makeup product last forever. Every eye liner, shadow or foundation turns into a longwearing formula and applies like a dream with this underneath it. Best kept secret going.

I am very, very pleased with this. I tried it for the first time today with MoM and I'm going on 5 hours since first application and my make up looks like it did when I first applied it. I have extremely oily/acne prone skin and I am still shine free! I seriously can't believe it. I made an account on here just to come on and rave about it ^_^ I encourage every skeptic to give it a shot! I can still see my pores a little bit, but I expected that as I do have pretty big pores, but it did a very nice job of making them less noticeable. Thank you to whoever figured out this trick haha!

on 3/15/2015 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Awesome Primer!!! A little dab will do ya!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I'm like the other reviewers and saw a youtube lady raving about this stuff as a primer, and since I have dry patches I thought it would be perfect. Well it is as a primer! It's way better than any actual "primer" I've used too. It doesn't break me out either, and it really gives my skin a pore-free look when it's under powder foundation. I love this stuff. I either use this or Alba green tea and aloe for under my make-up. Safe, effective, & cost efficient!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

works wonders as a primer, same effect as the smashbox photo primer. One tube will last a long time, even for someone who wears makeup almost everyday, like me