July 23, 2014 | 1033 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Monistat - Chafing Relief Powder-Gel

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2014 2:31:00 PM More reviews by batyah

My skin is very very oily and I have tried DS and HE primers, and nothing has worked. I tried this and about 5 min after I applied my foundation over it, I literally had white bubbles (sweat) forming on my upper lip and it looked weird! Thank God I was still at home when that happened. This was of no help to me and didn't keep me matte at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2014 10:01:00 AM More reviews by KarmaEls

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My first primer purchase, I always think it's a waste to invest in primer. Hell no, I was wrong. Best think in the world you could have with ridiculous price. It feel smooth on skin, kinda silicon and powder mixed together. Weird feeling, in a good way. My makeup stays all day. Amazing! I don't have to complain about my foundation gets oxidize or anything. It "locks" it in place, that's how a primer should work
Update: This stuff works, but it does clocks me pores, like crazy. Occasionally using it.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2014 8:15:00 AM More reviews by tan612

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was very exicited about the product. When I applied it first it was so smooth and silicony. My foundation easily blendable with it. But next day i had some cyst like pimple :(. I thought may be other reason behind it. I wanted to love the product fot its good review. But whenever I used the product some cyst or rash occured within 6/7 hours after use.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2014 12:58:00 PM More reviews by scarletwoundsmile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Never used a different primer.. They all seem so expensive. This one is great! Good price. Makes a nice and smooth primer for my foundation. Also works well under breasts and between thighs to prevent chafing. HG!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by maelyn28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have heard that this is the exact same thing as smashbox primer. I dont know for sure but it works the same to me. So smooth and makes your makeup go on flawless. It is such a silky texture. I do find that it clogs my pores so I make sure and cleanse really well after using. Great product for the price. Works well for its intended use too. I like to wear it on the inside of my legs when wearing a dress so I dont get raw if walking for a long time

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2014 12:21:00 PM More reviews by tiffybabyxoxo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this product is fantasticcccc. I got suckered into spending $10 on it at a CVS.. but if you can find it for cheaper- please, do tell!

This applies SO smoothly without flaking or completely disappearing from the skin. I have dry skin and this made my foundation glide on like silk... excellent!

Products like this do increase lasting power of makeup and provide a smooth base as a canvas. I would definitely recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2014 11:53:00 AM More reviews by sage4dylan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just bought this and I love it. My makeup looks 10 times better with this on. Its not greasy at all and I have oily skin at times with certain make up but not with this. It was 6$ and well worth it. Makeup stays in place, doesnt transfer. Love it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2014 11:33:00 PM More reviews by skitles78

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have very oily skin and was in need of an inexpensive primer that would help my makeup stay in place throughout the day. I read the reviews for it, and while they were very good, I noticed a few cautioning that this creates cystic acne. I ignored the reviews because I wasn't sure if it would break me out. But sadly it did. I got cystic acne on my cheeks right after using it for only one day. But if you don't have acne prone skin I feel that this would be a great option because it really made makeup application easy because my skin was sooo smooth and also my makeup did last long. BUT ACNE PRONE SKIN STEER CLEAR

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 2:26:00 PM More reviews by vixnkitten

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using Monistat Chafing Relief powder gel as a makeup primer for a few years now. I had stumbled upon it while watching youtube videos by several makeup gurus. I am amazed at how much this stuff is like all of the high end primers (MAC, Smashbox, BE, ELF - but that's cheap, LORAC, etc) that I have used. It is uber cheap, especially if you go to Monistat's website first and download a coupon for it before heading over to Walmart to buy it. Seriously, this gel makes my skin smooth and even and allows me to have a perfect application every time. I put the gel on, then apply my liquid foundation with a flat top kabuki brush and then apply powder over that. It is amazing. I don't think I will EVER use a high end primer again. This stuff is HG status for me!!! Can't beat the price OR the quality!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2014 11:02:00 AM More reviews by linwild

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this based on advice from Jen (FrmHeadToToe) and love it. I was really skeptical, particularly because I have dry sensitive skin and a lot of products irritate me. This one didn't clog my pores, break me out, dry me out, or generate any other adverse effects. It just gave me a beautiful soft finish. I tried adding it to some homemade BB cream that was too greasy; it totally fixed it and gave me a perfect base for applying makeup. This is a definite staple.