September 16, 2014 | 2133 users online

Brows - Laura Mercier - Brow Definer

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Barbara18

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have the warm brow definer, which actually is quite a dark charcoal/brown shade. It makes my brows a bit darker than my blondish hair, but I like the shade. I was previously using a powder semi-permanent product in charcoal. This gives me a similar look, but is much easier to apply & less messy than the powder. And it lasts just as long as the semi-permanent makeup, ie all day as long as I don't accidentally rub it off.

The product gives me defined brows which adds a bit of structure to my face. Definitely a vast improvement on what Mother Nature bestowed to me as eyebrows! I apply using a firm slanted brush which I had before, different make.

The pot is tiny, so handy for travel, and it seems to be lasting really well. I've been using daily for about 3 - 4 months, and probably only used about 20% so far.

I think if you take time to get the right shade this is a makeup gem.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2014 3:17:00 PM More reviews by bassetmomma

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been quite happy using my Maybelline Define A Brow Eyebrow Pencil for quite sometime. Look in my makeup bag and you will find 3 or 4 of them rolling around. But of course, I'm always curious about other products out there. I happen to like Laura Mercier's line overall but rarely shop for it because it's not in most of the department stores I frequent. I picked up her brow definer which comes in a small pot much like gel liner. The shade I chose was the lightest, "Fair." My brows are a mousy shade of brown but I didn't want to go too dark. Sadly, this shade is a bit too warm for my liking. Why do so many eyebrow products have that unnatural reddish tone??? Of course there should be an auburn shade for true red heads, but too many products that claim to be neutral or ashy read an unnatural shade of red. Better to skip brows altogether then to make them look bizarre. Because I just colored my hair red, I am able to pull this shade off so I won't be returning it. Application is fairly easy with a decent brush. What can say. Sometimes more expensive doesn't equal mo better.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2013 6:32:00 AM More reviews by boredtotears1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Good product - bit fiddly with the brush & pot though I prefer a pencil - although since LM changed the formula of their eye pencil Im looking for a new brand..

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2013 6:29:00 AM More reviews by YoHarajuku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Wasn't thrilled with the color of this, it looked like a great match for my brows in the jar but on application it was quite warm and just didn't look right on me. I have naturally cool dark blonde brows and find a cheap taupe eyshadow works and looks much better. This was a bit thick and not easy to glide on and didn't define as much as I'd hoped compared to my regular eyeshadow I use.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2013 12:40:00 AM More reviews by HamHamGurl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this product! I use the warm shade and it is a TRUE brown, not red no blonde but a true brown for brunette. I tried Anastasia, benefits browzing and LA colors and none of them has the color match and stay power as this. I have been using mind for almost 3 yrs now with 2 days in a wk wearing makeup. This little jar last forever! Make my skinny eyebrow thick and full.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2012 8:01:00 PM More reviews by DPD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to use the Clinique brow shaper (pan version) and still do time to time. However it was annoying me in that every few months you need to scrape the surface ever so slightly as you get a hard almost crust on probably from the transference of oil from our face via the brush.

I also has benefit browzing but I could tell the powder would be too light for my dark brown almost black hair so i gave it away.

I was given this and it wasnt full in the first place but it lasts ages. I use a synthetic angle brush to define the arch and the tail. I then go over it with a spoolie and the use a MAC 263 brush with BB e/s in Flint which somehow softens it and sets it.

I will purchase again when I run out. I think it would be better in a pot that snaps shut rather than a screw lid but thats just me.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2012 7:39:00 PM More reviews by jpcls

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Needed a brow definer to cover some grey and give me some depth. This does when first applied but there is no staying power to it. Gone by lunch! Have tried several brands lately but none have been as good as the Borghese tinted wand color.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2012 9:15:00 PM More reviews by icwazysmilezi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was using the Laura Mercier brow powder duo in deep blonde for years and loved the product but I was only using the darker side of the duo and found myself wasting the other half (the lighter part) so I decided I would try the brow definer and I am absolutely in love with this product!! It looks like it's a super small package but you don't need a lot of the product. I use this product with the Sedona Lace Brow Spoolie Duo which has stiff textured bristles which works really well with this brow definer because it really keeps the color on the brush and allows for easy application. And the opposite end has the spoolie which helps to easily blend out the color. It is so easy to with this brow definer to get a even, great shape brow that will lasts all day long. I'm up about 6am everyday and it takes me literally 1 minute to get my brows done with the brow definer and my brows lasts all day long until I get home and when I'm ready to wash it off for bed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by TacoFlavoredKisses

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I completely forgot to review this one- weird because I reach for this daily!! It is the perfect little pot of soft color that can be applied with an angled brow brush using little hairstrokes or more bold, whatever you like. It is so versatile and so amazing! My favorite SA at Neiman Marcus turned me on to this (and he works at GA)!! I have this in "soft". It's cool/neutral enough for someone as fair and blonde and cool as I am- ALTHOUGH I've been wanting to try this in the lighter shade. Love it! Will always have this in my stash :) And I completely agree with what LUVrascal says below- it adheres and stays put really well, no smudgng, and it will probably only need to be re-purchased once it gets old and dry... UPDATE- I just got this in "Soft" which is much better suited to blonde hair/fair skin... it is soft and neutral, and sort of taupe. No red undertones whatsoever. Definitely NOT warm.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2012 3:12:00 PM More reviews by amyfarrahfowler

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very nice. One of the *most* natural looking brow products I've found. For years I used pencil to fill in my brows then I switched over to Smashbox Brow Tech and stayed loyal for a few years until the prices kept going up and the product size got smaller. Then I switched over to Illamasqua Brow Cake which I thought was HG... until I tried the Laura Mercier Brow Definer. I am NC40 with dark brown hair and either the color SOFT or the color WARM work very well for me. Applies smoothly and looks very natural. While it is not HG status, it's close so I would repurchase and highly recommend. Oh, apply it with a stiff, short bristled, angle brush and brush thru using a spoolie.