December 22, 2014 | 747 users online

Eye Shadow - Bobbi Brown - Matte Eye Shadow - Bone 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2014 1:02:00 PM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Disappointed in this shadow. I was looking at Ivory and the Bobbi Brown SA said it was too white and would not look natural, so she suggested Bone. I tried it on my hand and it was more natural looking than Ivory, so I purchased it. When I tried it on at home, the color was chalky, and a little yellow. Also, it is slightly darker than my eyelids, so I can't use as a highlight shade, which was the whole point.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2014 4:53:00 PM More reviews by 1017

I was quite disappointed in this eye shadow. The color is fine. It is a great shade for a subtle highlight or wash shade. But for such an expensive eye shadow it was very powdery, chalky & not as pigmented as others. Honestly, for a highlight or wash I much prefer my $4 NYX Nude Matte Eye Shadow in Lap Dance (my HG for this purpose) to this. I love Bobbi Brown Long Wear Cream eye shadows, but I will not be buying any more regular eye shadow from BB.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2014 7:44:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love the color: skin-toned ivory, slightly darker than my skintone. Its sheer and matte, so I find it useful as a base to absorb excess oil and even up lids for a very a natural light makeup. I like how it stays put and does not need primer. Cons are its chalky and can't be layered or it looks dry/dusty and aging. I am a little disappointed and surprised in the dry texture, I expect better for the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2014 1:46:00 PM More reviews by blondbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Gorgeous matte ivory eye shadow has a creamy powder texture and is really good quality you can really see the difference as opposed to the other drug store eye shadows I have used which have been chalky streaky and faded within 30 minutes so disappointing!at $29 this is very expensive its actually too expensive but its true what they say you get what you pay for in this case its lovely and really gives me that fresh eyed look works great with neutrals aswell as darker colors love.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 3:10:00 PM More reviews by JuliaSYarwood

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a matt pale cream eyeshadow - nothing like the main pic here on MA! I use it as my base colour in my paler months before I apply other eyeshadows. Good staying power and although expensive, you get a big square for your money. If you are deciding between this and Shell, Shell is slightly darker and slightly more pinky.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 5:47:00 PM More reviews by Mia538

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great eyeshadow, a lovely neutral ivory shade which works great as a base, either alone or with a darker shade layered on top. I use this daily and find it acts as a great base for applying eyeliner (which then stays in place all day). Although matte, I find this has a very subtle shimmer which emphasises my eyes and would expect this would look great on all pale-medium skin tones. Loses a lippie as i personally prefer to apply with my finger and don't find the small tub very user friendly - would be fine if you're applying with a brush though.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2012 11:47:00 AM More reviews by H20girl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This has become a HG product for me. Think I am on my 5th one. Excellent matte color, goes on smooth and lasts all day. I am pale and find that I grab this to wear it alone when I just want a natural & everyday look. Use it as a base when I am going use more than one shadow or a liner. Think I started buying this about (gulp) 20 years ago when I got my first professional job. Probably tried 10 other neutral shadows over this time but ths is the one I return to over and over again. Last time I bought it was $22 but it the pan is large and it last a long time.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2011 4:22:00 PM More reviews by BellaG55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I simply cannot live w/o Bone eyeshadow. I either use it alone over my concealer (top and bottom lids) or with a fluffy brush as an all-over setting powder for smoky-eyes. It pulls everything together and blends perfectly. I think I am on my 4th or 5th. Highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2011 4:22:00 PM More reviews by ari496

this is great as a highlighting shadow for the brow bone and the inner corners of eyes to define and wake up eyes. it doesnt have any shimmer and its barely detectable since its so light, but according to reliable sources (aka my mom) it really does make a difference. i def recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2011 2:55:00 PM More reviews by kristiannarj

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Like all BB eyeshadows, this one is very well pigmented!

Love all BB eyeshadows, and they are the ones mainly carry with me.

All matte colors are super pigmented and super velvety!
the shimmery eyeshadows are very good as well, but im a matte person so that's what i usually go for.