April 17, 2014 | 1916 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Eye Shadow

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 6:34:00 PM More reviews by Maclover26

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love mac shadow their my favs of all time. Their s hardly any fall out and I have oily eyelids and they stay put all day with no creasing and they look even better with a primer underneath their so many amazing gorgeous colours . I love all mac packaging the black sparkly pots of colours and the clear lid to see the product. I think £12 for a pot is a bit much but I love the shadows too much too resist. They are the best so I treat my self every now and then to a new shadow. I would so recommend to a friend and already have getting my friends hucked on mac products, their just amazing, my fav eye shadows of all time

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2013 12:56:00 AM More reviews by AJ6488

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really don't find these single eye shadow pots are as "out standing" as others saying.

I don't know it's the brushes I used to apply MAC eye shadows, or I just always ended up getting the wrong shades, none of the eye shadows I bought from MAC works for me. The texture is kind of hard that I always struggle to get enough product on my brushes or on my finger tip. The matte shade eye shadow some how always become shinning and hard on the top, which is even more difficult to use. MAC offers a great selection of eye shadow colors, so I believe that every one can find the right shades. However, I find it wasting of money to continuously searching and trying. $20 for each shade, and so far I had no luck of finding even one shade that I like or easy to work with.

Although I really like the idea of the small eyeshadow pots, I just ran out my patience to deal with it. My partner actually likes my makeup better when I spend less time on using a simple eye shadow palette, and whenever I spent a long time on working and blending all those MAC colors on my eyes he would feel that I wear too much makeup (even I don't use dark colors), so to me it's just not worth the time and the money. I'm finally ready to give away all my MAC eye shadows (yes lucky for my friends).

I would say if you are not good with makeup, don't own a big collection of really good eye shadow brushes, and not into spending too much time and a lot of money on makeup, MAC eyeshadow is definitely some thing you don't want to deal with.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2012 6:16:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

These are what started my love affaire with makeup. I still have the first eyeshadow I ever purchased, Whim Mineralize. I have so many, and even though MAC gets a whole bunch of slack these days, they are still my favorite brand and hold a special place in my heart. While I no longer feel like I'm cheating on MAC with other brands, it still takes up a large majority of my collection.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2012 3:32:00 PM More reviews by artemistzitzikilakis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I give up, these are just too hard to work with. BUT I got great color recommendation from the online artist. I bought quarry, haux, digit and yogur and blackberry for green eyes. But returned them all and tried to duplicate with MUFE and Illumasqua, and did pretty well as MUFE almost, if you look online, has as many colors as MAC. The MAC online artist told me to buy yet another brush just to deposit pigment, as in "dig it out of there, then use the correct brush to apply on lid or crease". That is when I gave up, the inability to blend, the chalkiness. The new shadows are so much better. I have broken the MAC habit, and it wasn't easy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2012 2:58:00 PM More reviews by dizzielittlerascal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I could write a review for each and every one of my mac shadows, but I have so many! I only got into mac about 7 months ago when I got sick to the back teeth of spending so much money on drugstore shadows and being so disappointed with them. The colours never seemed to suit me, the colour range isn't there - they just seem so generic and boring. On occasion I may find 'the one' but I have spent so much on finding them. I also found that most irritated my eyes or just disappeared that there was no sign that I had put any on! I also found that shimmery ones were waaay too shimmery and just accentuated anything I wanted to disguise, or matte ones looked flat and dull. So one day I went to Mac and never looked back. I have to say that 10 per eyeshadow is not expensive. I have spent say 10 on a trio of drugstore eyeshadows that contains hardly any product and probably only ended up using one of the colours! But with Mac I can pick and choose what I want, building up my own personal palette, which is so exciting! They all blend and look differently, can be paired up in so many ways, some can look different depending on what you pair it with - there are so many options its unreal! One eyeshadow in my palette I may regret buying, but teamed with something else can change my whole view on it. I have never been able to do this before.
I do agree with others, there are some awful fakes on eBay and Amazon. I cannot believe they are allowed to get away with it. As a buyer you have no idea what is in these products, and what is the point of saving a few pounds if they - at best - muck your skin up! I have learned the hard way from buying cheap knock off blusher. Luckily all I got was some minor blister-type breakouts, but it could have been worse. The only reason I realised they were fake was while depotting them to put in a new blusher palette. They smelled different, the casing was different, and there was actually a lot less product than it showed in the pan. After the breakout and seeing them depotted I threw these away, so didn't save money on getting these 'bargains'. Please, get them from Mac or authorised stockists. Its not worth it. And besides, these knock off can only leave a bad impression of what is great make up.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2012 12:11:00 AM More reviews by missind33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

With Mac eyeshadows its a hit or miss, however yes it is overly hyped but with reason.
Mac stores are readily available that offer customizable palettes over a large amount of color options. Some of the colors I find fantastic and see myself reaching for them. However some are so crappy I mind as well go to the drugstore.
I find Urban Decay to not only have a limited number of different finishes, I find their new formulation to be too frosty/pigmented for my taste despite my love for the old velvety texture. Even in current Naked Palette's I find the shadows I prefer dupe-able by Mac *gasp*. Plus UD's customizable palette's is a lot more expensive! The pans forms are universal and fit in a variety of palettes giving options. My only suggestion is to be aware of what shadow's you're buying, and a lot of the time hype may be given to a eyeshadow that is not actually that great.
I enjoy...
Naked Lunch
Sketch
Star Violet
Orb
This is due to lack of pigmentation/color

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2012 11:09:00 PM More reviews by ally36

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I agree with a previous reviewer that these are overhyped. I am impressed with the color range and variety of finishes but I am very disappointed with the pigmentation.
I purchased Handwritten, a chocolate brown matte2 shadow, Bamboo, a peach-beige matte shadow, Soba, a gold-brown satin shadow, and Ricepaper, a peachy-gold frost shadow. I applied without an eyeshadow base and none of the shadows had very much pigmentation, even after applying several layers. I tried applying with an eyeshadow base and found little improvement. After much experimenting with failure, I sent these back.
Personally, I believe there are better eyeshadows out there than these, including drugstore options, so I do not recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2012 2:23:00 AM More reviews by Charmer7

I love my mac shadows! But I don't understand why people don't use a matte shadow as a 1st (Mine was a satin :) ) The color payoff is good, they come in a variety of colors and they have multiple formulas for making you look the best that you want. I have to admit some are tricky but with the right hands ( and brushes, primers) any look is possible. I had been using Mary Kay for 5+ years and when I got in to MAC I saw the difference, my mk eyeshadow wasn't working out (drying, not enough pigment, coming off after 2 hours) I tested out perky at a party and 5+ hours later it was still on my face even after my face got super oily (4 blotting papers every 2 hours, YIKES!!). I love them and recommend them! But please get advice from an SA, so recommended!
EDIT: I use perky as a blush now, It looks lovely *--*

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2012 12:08:00 AM More reviews by lilblue10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

These are seriously overhypped. I have 14 of them and none of them has blown my mind. The pigmentation is not great, I mean I'm paying 16$ ( CA ) for just one eyeshadow I think I can expect better than having to pack on the color for it to show up on my lid. I mean they're not bad, they're totally usable I just don't think they're worth it, Urban Decay makes MUCH better eyeshadows in my opinion. Maybe I didn't get the right ones cause everyone seem to love them I have :
-Satin Taupe
-Woodwinked
-Amber Lights
-All that glitters
-Warming Trend
-Patina ( I THINK ITS THE WORST )
-Trax
-Star Violet
-Stars and rockets
-Juxt ( oh actually that might be the worst )
-Omega
-Photo Realism
-Solar White
-Nehru

I can honestly say that the only ones with decent color pay off are Woodwinked,amberlights and satin taupe.The only reason I will keep buying them is because of the huge range of colors but I will make sure to make my research before and go swatch them myself.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2011 3:15:00 AM More reviews by bluebelleyes

I got 'naked lunch' as a christmas present. Odd name, but the color is beautiful, long lasting, and shimmery. I did find the product very difficult to pick up with a brush though, I had to use a very stiff brush to 'scrape' the eyeshadow from the pot.