L'Oreal Telescopic Carbon Black

on 3/12/2015 1:43:00 PM

L'Oreal Telescopic is my all time favorite mascara! I am really into lengthening mascaras, than volumizing ones, and this works great for that. This is probably the best lengthening mascara at the drugstore and the price is reasonable. I'm a fan of the tiny wand because my lashes are quite short and pretty much non existent and this makes my lashes appear and lengthens them, which is all I need. I know that others like to layer this for length and then apply a different volumizing mascara and I heard it works great for that too (I haven't tried it personally). Overall, I highly recommend trying this product and I would repurchase it again!

on 3/6/2015 10:37:00 AM

I've tried other versions in the Telescopic range that I really liked, but this one isn't doing anything special for me. The formula doesn't give my lashes any considerable length, nor does it make them super black as the name 'carbon black' implies. I also may have a defective wand/tube because once I take the wand out of the tube, it is very hard to put back in. It's almost like the tube opening is too narrow and you have to fit the wand in a very specific way. Not impressed...I'll stick with my Cover Girl Lash Blash Length for now.

on 2/24/2015 6:06:00 PM

fav mascara ever and ive tried freaking tons of mascaras, drugstores and high end. Not sure what the difference is between the regular and carbon black but this ismy second tube that ive bought. It makes your lashes extreamly long and gorgeous!! I usually use this for a first coat to make my lashes really long and then use maybellines the rocket to make them super thick. Def my go to mascara.

on 2/19/2015 4:10:00 PM

Hair: Other, Kinky, Medium

So the reason I gave this a 4 and not a 5 is for one reason only, because I honestly love this mascara. The reason why is because this mascara is only good for making your eyelashes look extremely long, not for making them fuller. Although I believe that no one should buy a mascara that costs more than this because this mascara is great, I just wish I could find a mascara that would make my eyelashes look full as well. I've tried covergirl and maybelline, but those just didn't do anything for my lashes. This is the best mascara I have yet to find and I recommend this to anyone, but I will keep looking for a mascara that will make my eyelashes look less like spider legs and more like eyelashes :P

on 2/15/2015 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Ok i looove this stuff! Its honestly amazing, i wasn't really expecting anything to big but it made my eye lashes so much longer and it didn't make them all hard and clumpy like other mascaras do. They felt so soft and natural, i will definitely re-purchase. if you have short lashes in need of lengthening, here you go!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

New HG lengthening mascara. Seriously so happy I picked this up, the wand is perfect for adding length and also to grab every single lash. My lashes never get clumpy with this mascara and I tried out Rimmel Lash Accelerator Endless in search of a lengthening mascara but this one by Loreal has definitely beat it. Doesn't smudge, flake, clump. You need this.

I thought my Too Faced 'Better Than Sex' mascara was great, but this has gotten it beat, honey. And I am a huge fan of that mascara, but that's another review. In the makeup department, I am hard to please. But seriously, where has this little gem been my whole life?! It's amazing! I actually bought this because I saw one of my YouTube makeup girlies, Carly Bybel using it. She takes it to a spidery length, which isn't my personal preference, but I loved how much additional length it gave her lashes. So, I got on Ebay and ordered me a tube.

When I first opened it, I looked at the brush quizzically. It didn't seem right that this tiny brush could give such insanely beautiful length. But it's exactly because the brush is so tiny, and the fact that there is just enough product on the bristles to make this product work so beautifully. What I like best, and I am explaining this the best way I know how, is how each lash stands out, being lengthened and separated, without being clumped together. I've never had a mascara do this in so much detail. Now, if you do like your lashes thicker, or more like Carly's, just add more coats of this mascara.

What I do know is I am definitely going to stock up, because I don't want to run the risk of running out, and that is the first time I've ever said that about a mascara. Ladies, give it a whirl! ;)

on 1/26/2015 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a terrific lengthening mascara. I love using it over other mascaras to define, separate, and lengthen. It stays on well on my upper lashes, but smears badly on my lower. I do have very watery eyes though. If you use this mascara by itself, expect to get great length and definition but very little volume! It's still a good mascara.

UPDATE: I tried using this with a volumizing mascara (Lancome Hypnose) and the results are amazing. The hypnose gives you amazing volume, and then follow up with the telescopic to give you more length and definition!! Perfect pair!

on 1/10/2015 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been testing out new mascaras for the past month now and purchased this because of the rave reviews. I have not used any lengthening mascaras besides Maybelline Lash Stiletto..and that was at least 4 years ago. That mascara did nothing special for me and so I just kept buying random trusted volumizing mascaras. This one is different though. Anyways....when I pulled the wand from the tube I was in shock and thought to myself,"Oh god, I just wasted my money on this junk!" The wand is a frighteningly thin rubber comb, and not fluffy at all like mascara brushes we are used to. The upside is that it is surprisingly easy to work with. For the lack of bristles, I was expecting it to be covered and gunky with formula, but it was not. When applied, it went on smooth and actually separated all my lashes perfectly. It makes your eyes look gorgeous! It is very buildable if one or two coats are not enough for you. It does not clump up at all. I did not have to comb through it afterward with a lash/brow groomer like I do with most mascaras. I'm not sure if it would be a good mascara for those of you with short lashes... but if you have long lashes like me - YOU HAVE TO BUY THIS!!! It really does lengthen them.

on 12/30/2014 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I like this mascara a lot. It is a thick formula, but the comb type brush helps to separate the lashes. This mascara is quite dramatic and I would not recommend it to beginners or anyone who isn't "good" at applying mascara. The brush takes a little bit of getting used to, but it pays off once you have the hang of it! This mascara is good for both volume and length. The color is very black and it doesn't smudge under my eyes. I take this off with coconut oil no problem.