L'Oreal Telescopic Carbon Black

I do enjoy this mascara, It's BLACK and separates all my lashes! The brush allows me to reach all of my lashes and it gives great length. Even though I prefer volume, this mascara gives a great fanned out look but can make you seem like you have fewer lashes than you do. I can see people complaining about the brush because it is not stiff enough to comb through the lashes after product has dried or if you clump it on, however I always have a spoolie on hand anyways so the extra step for me is not tedious. The staying power is eh, If I take a nap it will keep my lashes defined but will definitely smudge. The packaging is nice because It is not bulky and looks like a telescope so that's a cute touch. However I think I remember liking the telescopic mascara that had the spiky ball on the end even more.

on 4/29/2015 3:32:00 PM

This is my Holy Grail for mascaras, regardless of brand or price point.

Glossy black color and the comb picks out every single lash - every. single. one. I have crappie lashes - short, sparse, etc - and this mascara makes me look like I have on false lashes.

This doesn't flake or smudge even after hours of humid wear. I will say that when I first buy the mascara, I do have to blot the brush with a clean tissue every time I use it, or it puts waaaaaaay too much product on my lashes a la Tammy Fay, but I don't really think that is a complaint!

I think this is similar to Benefit's They're Real! mascara, in formula and brush - just a lot cheaper. :)

on 4/12/2015 6:04:00 PM

The brush on this mascara is weak. When I try to comb threw my lashes it bends so the brush doesn't lift them up and it can't comb threw clumps.

on 3/12/2015 1:43:00 PM

L'Oreal Telescopic is my all time favorite mascara! I am really into lengthening mascaras, than volumizing ones, and this works great for that. This is probably the best lengthening mascara at the drugstore and the price is reasonable. I'm a fan of the tiny wand because my lashes are quite short and pretty much non existent and this makes my lashes appear and lengthens them, which is all I need. I know that others like to layer this for length and then apply a different volumizing mascara and I heard it works great for that too (I haven't tried it personally). Overall, I highly recommend trying this product and I would repurchase it again!

on 3/6/2015 10:37:00 AM

I've tried other versions in the Telescopic range that I really liked, but this one isn't doing anything special for me. The formula doesn't give my lashes any considerable length, nor does it make them super black as the name 'carbon black' implies. I also may have a defective wand/tube because once I take the wand out of the tube, it is very hard to put back in. It's almost like the tube opening is too narrow and you have to fit the wand in a very specific way. Not impressed...I'll stick with my Cover Girl Lash Blash Length for now.

on 2/24/2015 6:06:00 PM

fav mascara ever and ive tried freaking tons of mascaras, drugstores and high end. Not sure what the difference is between the regular and carbon black but this ismy second tube that ive bought. It makes your lashes extreamly long and gorgeous!! I usually use this for a first coat to make my lashes really long and then use maybellines the rocket to make them super thick. Def my go to mascara.

on 2/19/2015 4:10:00 PM

Hair: Other, Kinky, Medium

So the reason I gave this a 4 and not a 5 is for one reason only, because I honestly love this mascara. The reason why is because this mascara is only good for making your eyelashes look extremely long, not for making them fuller. Although I believe that no one should buy a mascara that costs more than this because this mascara is great, I just wish I could find a mascara that would make my eyelashes look full as well. I've tried covergirl and maybelline, but those just didn't do anything for my lashes. This is the best mascara I have yet to find and I recommend this to anyone, but I will keep looking for a mascara that will make my eyelashes look less like spider legs and more like eyelashes :P

on 2/15/2015 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Ok i looove this stuff! Its honestly amazing, i wasn't really expecting anything to big but it made my eye lashes so much longer and it didn't make them all hard and clumpy like other mascaras do. They felt so soft and natural, i will definitely re-purchase. if you have short lashes in need of lengthening, here you go!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

New HG lengthening mascara. Seriously so happy I picked this up, the wand is perfect for adding length and also to grab every single lash. My lashes never get clumpy with this mascara and I tried out Rimmel Lash Accelerator Endless in search of a lengthening mascara but this one by Loreal has definitely beat it. Doesn't smudge, flake, clump. You need this.

I thought my Too Faced 'Better Than Sex' mascara was great, but this has gotten it beat, honey. And I am a huge fan of that mascara, but that's another review. In the makeup department, I am hard to please. But seriously, where has this little gem been my whole life?! It's amazing! I actually bought this because I saw one of my YouTube makeup girlies, Carly Bybel using it. She takes it to a spidery length, which isn't my personal preference, but I loved how much additional length it gave her lashes. So, I got on Ebay and ordered me a tube.

When I first opened it, I looked at the brush quizzically. It didn't seem right that this tiny brush could give such insanely beautiful length. But it's exactly because the brush is so tiny, and the fact that there is just enough product on the bristles to make this product work so beautifully. What I like best, and I am explaining this the best way I know how, is how each lash stands out, being lengthened and separated, without being clumped together. I've never had a mascara do this in so much detail. Now, if you do like your lashes thicker, or more like Carly's, just add more coats of this mascara.

What I do know is I am definitely going to stock up, because I don't want to run the risk of running out, and that is the first time I've ever said that about a mascara. Ladies, give it a whirl! ;)