OPI Nail Enamel - Malaysian Mist

3.8

on 8/9/2015 12:01:00 AM

I have just flung this nail polish in the bin! So annoying, as it is a perfect colour. So pretty and flattering (albeit possibly a touch yellowy) it's a beautiful, unusual peachy nude. However after going over the same nail 5x and still getting shoddy results, I reached the end of my patience.

I'd worked with this in the past, allowing aeons between coats (it always needs minimum 3 to cover streakiness) but it's just too much work. When you do get it right, using infinite patience or reserving it for manicure visits at a pro, it looks very lovely.

But after doing this aforementioned 5x doomed stamina test, I realised I was not only wasting my time but also wasting my base coat and my seche vite, over and over, as I removed and started the whole rigmarole again and again. Disgusting! Someone here mentioned Coney Island (sp?) as a dupe, well I have that so I thought I'd finish off with it and hope no one notices. It's not a dupe unfortunately (it's a far more commonly found shade of pale pink) but the texture is way better so I made do. I'm not sure why Malaysian Mist is so gloopy and thick and streaky, what a shame. I'm shocked at the great score here. Way too high. I concur with all the points made in the excellent review written beneath mine.

Colour = top marks, Performance = null points.

on 6/26/2014 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a beautiful color, BUT it applies terribly. It's thick and streaky and gloppy. It takes about 4 coats and then it is so thick that it takes 3 hours to dry. Even after 3 hours, my nails have dings and smudges and they don't feel smooth. They feel bumpy. I'm disappointed because I have many OPI colors that apply beautifully. I will not purchase Malaysian mist again.

on 6/5/2013 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I adore bright nail polishes, but sometimes it's just nice to wear something more subdued. I love Malaysian Mist for a no-fuss, clean look. It's a peachy nude, very inoffensive and incredibly appropriate for work, funerals etc. Very sheer however, you need about 3-4 coats.

on 9/26/2012 8:42:00 PM

I love this color! I'm a huge fan of peachy/orange nail polishes, so I thought I'd give Malaysian Mist a try. I now have a friend who wants this color too!

Love OPI, unlike other reviewers, I found the application quite smooth. Like many OPI polishes, it goes on streaky but dries evenly.

The color, unfortunately, is not my favorite. It's a bit too orange/peachy for my taste. However, I don't regret buying it since it's a good color for work if you want a bit more impact than the myriad light pinks available.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

For me, this is the perfect shade if you're looking for a nude. It's not too pink and not too white like some nude shades. It is however a little streaky, so you need at least 2 coats. This works for me because I put on 2 coats to build up the colour anyway, but if you're looking for something really sheer and only want to do a single coat then this probably isn't the one for you. I think this shade will work with most skin tones, I'm pale and it doesn't make me appear ghostly white like some nude shades do, and I think it will work well with warmer tones too. If you have very dark skin I'd avoid layering it up too much though or it will make your nail colour look unnatural.

on 4/15/2012 5:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

It's a very pink nude. Not sheer enough for a frenchie but great with only 1 coat. It's a very petite and girly colour and would great on ALL skin tones. It isn't streaky like most sheer pink polishes so it's great with the one coat.

The drying time is a little pathetic, dries slower than usual.

I got my nails done at that salon and chose this color because I wanted a pale/nude shade. The color is perfect but the quality of this polish sucks! It was streaking from the first application. The manicurist did a base coat, 2 layers of this, and then a top coat. Nevertheless, It doesn't last! As soon as I got out the salon after letting it dry for so long it still chipped! I was so disappointed. I just paid for my manicure and within the hour even though I was extra careful, the polish chipped :( I love the color but there are many pale/nude shades that are better and long-lasting. I hear Essie's "Jazz" is a great polish, I may try that in the future.

on 9/6/2011 5:44:00 AM

I bought OPI's Malaysian Mist completely on a whim today. I'm so glad I did! Like everyone else here has said, it's your nails but better!! It is a sheer peachy nude that's absolutely perfect for just about any occasion. A lot of people here have mentioned that it goes on streaky and that it's thick and goopy. Personally, my bottle has been applying just fine. No streaks and not at all thick! Will definitely repurchase.

on 6/26/2011 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my first OPI nail polish and one of my absolute favorites. I've been searching for a milky peach nude and this is it. Most others that I've tried have dried too pinky or orangey but this is perfect! It takes 4-5 coats to achieve complete opacity. One coat dries to a perfect sheer lazy french manicure. What I've found with this is that you must get alot of polish on the brush in order to avoid streaking. I don't sweep one side of the brush on the top with this one, I dip it in a just shake off the excess. Gorgeous polish - I wear this on both fingers and toes if I feel like wearing a super pretty color that won't clash with any outfit I wear. Very office appropriate - I'll repurchase for sure.

Top Rated OPI Products