Bonne Bell Eye Style Shadowbox in Big City Pinks

3.8

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

i love this set of colors from bonne bell. i'm usually a high end makeup junky, but couldn't resist what looked like the perfect set of pinks i've been looking for. the quartet features a very light fairy pink, a warm rose pink, a deeper purple rose wine, and then a deep slate blue. All of these are good pigment, some sheen, and a little bit of very fine glitter flecks. Over a primer, they wear just great. these suit perfectly my hazel eyes and skin tone (NW-20). Just beautiful, and I ordered two more sets online because I couldn't find them at my drug store any longer, but love them!

on 9/20/2009 3:33:00 AM

I quite like this, my intention to buy this was to use it as a brow highlighter or around my tear duct. it does a greattt job! otherwise.. like everyone else, it definitely lacks pigmentation, if you're going for a natural soft shimmer look then it's probably for u

on 2/9/2008 10:41:00 AM

I dont have any greys so I purchased this palette of 4 colors.

Light pale pale pink, light pink, grey (silver), and darker grey silver.

I really wanted this to see if I can wear greys and for a light neutral look so I didnt expect the colors to have that much pigmentation. I used a base of MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre from the N Collection.

It worked great, the blend well, and has just enough color to make it look like I have on makeup w/o being OTT,

I think these are great price for 4 long strips of color that I wanted to play around. Would repurchase this other other palettes.

I read the only other review here and I have medium skin tone with yellow undertones (half asian) and think the colors have enough color for a soft look. The palette itself says - pale/light to me anyways. I had no expectations for anything more than a soft wash of color without a tone of shimmer or any glitter.

on 11/12/2007 10:59:00 PM

I guess Bonne Bell is a hit or miss. Girly Pinks was the most gorgeous set of pinks I had ever come across with, so I figured I would give other Bonne Bell sets a try. Big City Pinks was a big miss for me. It has two pink shades, a light one and a very light one, almost white, along with a super pale gray and a medium gray. Pigmentation is quite lacking, the shades show up far lighter than they look in the pan. And having super pale skin my self, I look dead with light e/s. Might work well as a highlighter, I guess, but it is too light for my taste.