October 2, 2014 | 1837 users online

Fragrances - Narciso Rodriguez - Narciso Rodriguez For Him

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2009 4:16:00 PM More reviews by jellybabythepinkcat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have to give it 5 lippies as it smells wonderful on my husband. It is a bit strong but smells divine when he puts on just a little bit. There are hundreds of expensive mens fragrances out there and most of them smell the same. This one is not one of them. It is unique. It has a great lasting power. The bottle is handsome. It suits the fragrance. I will keep buying it for my husband.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2009 11:10:00 AM More reviews by GigglySmily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

NR for Him is a dry and synthetic smelling fougere with a hint of sweetness...I thought it was gross at first sniff...waited 30 mins later, and it was still gross...there's nothing fresh or natural about it...not very wearable...I would imagine it on a pimp who overdresses and has no taste...this is not of the norm....the negative reviews here are spot on...do not buy this blind like i did.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2009 6:12:00 PM More reviews by fionaali

I had both the EDT and the EDP so I bought this for Husband unsmelt.
I just adored it - so did his female work collegues!!!!!
I find it very fresh and my friend insists on spraying on herself too.
My Husband also likes Dolce and Gabana and Pomegranate Noir but for me it has to be NR.Yummy! continued >>

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/20/2009 12:23:00 PM More reviews by CreamyGardenia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

One word: STANK.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2008 8:19:00 PM More reviews by CecileCecile

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I agree with the previous two posters - NR for Him is Not Good At All. DH got a carded sample spray vial today after smelling it on a cardboard test strip. On cardboard it smelled like straight-up cedar and little else. On DH it smelled dustily unpleasant. He couldn't even stand to wear it, he hauled @ss to the basin, rinsed it off and put on something else. So much for the ambergris drydown. LOL! Worst sample ever. No Sale.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2007 12:57:00 PM More reviews by BlackAmberMoon

I think this is just awful. I usually like earthy scents, but this just smells...dirty and unpleasant. No likey.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2007 10:59:00 AM More reviews by ayala

For Him opens with a disturbing bouquet of both dry cement and wet concrete, unrecognizable spices and a honey note. The intrigue dissipates quickly when the scent becomes a familiar, I’ve-smelled-this-before modern fougere accord – a hint of fake herabceous water, some non-descript fruity sweetness that is fortunately not quite nausearing, but just almost (it reminds me quite a bi t of the sweetness of Jean-Payl Gaultier for men, only with the sillage toned down 10 fold); a glimpse of violet leaf coolness and a certain smokiness that my brother describes as ‘ashtray smell” but at the same time he also detects some good smelling fresh herb notes. The dry down settles within about an hour – a close to the skin, rather soft, undecisive mélange of amber and musk (it is also said to contain patchouli, but I can’t say I am recognizing any). Nothing offensive in the drydown, and the sillage is soft and non overpowering – the contrary of what I’ve expected after the magical sillage and staying power of For Her (it has a tendency to stay everywhere after it was applied, and even withstand a laundry – yet it does it with a nice touch of mischevious elegance – almost like Josephine’s deliberate musk contamination before leaving Napoleon’s palaces). The only thing that truly stands out (if you take a very close look) is an animalic ambergris note, somewhat fecal, but with such low-key vibrations it can never offend and unelss you’ve smelled it before it would be very hard to put your finger on it. It reminds me of l’Antimateirer; unfortunately, in this instance one needs to wait a long time for it to emerge. And this might just be its chance for success.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No