September 30, 2014 | 1808 users online

Brows - LORAC - Take A Brow in Dark Brown

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2013 8:00:00 PM More reviews by CBNegron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is without a doubt the best brow product I have ever used. I have been using this since before Christmas, at least 4-5 times a week, and I have not hit pan on anything but the wax. I use the shade "Dark Brown" and I was a little iffy about it at first, because the darker of the two shades is verrryyy dark, almost black, which can look a little bit harsh against lighter skin tones. But if you have very dark hair and/or darker skin, you will probably love this. I usually run my brush through the wax, and then once through the darker shade, and then a few sweeps through the lighter shade, and then start by defining the underside and tail end of my brow and then whatever is left on my brush after that, I feather through the front part of my brow so that it's not quite as harsh. A tiny angled brush is included in this, as well. I usually use my MAC 266 brush to apply this sheerly because the handle is longer, but the brush included in this does a great job if it's all you have. My mom uses this in the shade "Auburn" and my best friend uses this in the shade "Blonde" and they love their's too! This is definitely a must-try if you're tired of buying eyebrow pencils every 2-3 weeks!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2012 6:02:00 PM More reviews by taltman11

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have a hard time finding brow powder that matches my hair/eyebrow color. I'm Asian and my hair is very dark brown, nearly black. This is the only brow powder that truly matches my eyebrow color and looks completely natural. I don't like the brush that comes with the compact, so I use a different angled brush for application. Just use a light hand so you don't end up looking like a drag queen. I've had the same compact for ages and it looks like I've barely used it. So while it's initially expensive, you should get several months of use before you need to buy another. Great stuff!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2011 1:49:00 PM More reviews by mitzigaynor15

At first I thought this set wasn't going to work on the sparse ends of my brows but I discovered if I put a little of the wax on the brush, then the color, I could continue my brow line and have it look very natural. The dark brown looks good on my brows since I am wearing my hair darker now but the light brown looks very natural, too. These shades can also be used as eye shadow or liners in a pinch. This set is a bit expensive but will last a long time. The brush that came with it is perfect for finishing my brows. I would buy this again but this set will last me a long time. My brows will probably be grey by the time I need to order another one.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2011 3:48:00 PM More reviews by sfbond

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Great powder and great staying power. I've never tried a brow powder before and have always used pencils. But they make my brows look so drawn on. The powders I've tried recently have all been to light. My brows are somewhere between dark dark brown and black. Although a bit pricey this product is great. I was able to mix the two shades to get the exact color needed and then set with the wax. You don't need to use much as I learned the hard way. Use a light hand and make sure to remove excess powder on the brush before applying. The brush that comes with it is pretty good for a compact size. I use my Sephora brow brush at home and use the little brush for later in the day touch-ups. The wax is pretty good too. My brows are set, all strays in place and they look nice and glossy. This powder will last me a long time so the 30$ is well worth it. One lippie off because of the plastic case (looks breakable).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2009 1:28:00 PM More reviews by wanshan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

When my Vincent Longo was being discontinued, I had to find an equivalent substitute for my soft black hair eye brows.

This Lorac brow product in Dark Brown offer 2 powder shades in dark brown & black along with the wax. I use my HG LM eyebrow double-sided brush to apply the powder using a combination of both the dark brown and black to get the color that isn't too light and too dark for my face. Finish it off with the wax, then I look like I have defined natural eyebrows! Perhaps more color personalized than VL with the 2 powder shades.

Price is reasonable considering how much product you get.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2008 11:47:00 PM More reviews by salsabrosa

FINALLY....a brow powder for us dark-browed girls!

Even the darkest Anastasia brow color was too light for me.

This palette has a super dark brown which I mix sometimes with the lighter brown for a not so harsh look. The great thing about the darker color is that it's not too red based which is a problem with MOST dark brown brow powders.

Staying power for this powder is great!

UPDATE: I'm taking a lippie off. If I could give 4.5, I would. I am finding the colors too dark and dramatic. This has nothing to do with the powder quality itself, which I do happen to like a lot. The Anastasia Brunette brow powder color looks a lot more natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2008 5:29:00 PM More reviews by Scrappydoo

Best brow powder and wax I have ever used, this is partly do to the great high quality brush it comes with. The only thing I would change is the colours, which are MEDIUM brown and black. My brows are dark brown so I have to mix them to get the right colour as one is too dark and one too light.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2008 2:01:00 PM More reviews by jennSh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just bought this last night at Ulta, and I think I'm in love!!! I've tried a bunch of different kinds, but have never found any that match my brow shade, most either being to light and orange. I have medium to dark brown hair and my brows are almost black but not quite. I've tried black, but it makes me look blehhh, and this has the two PERFECT shades. I love the packaging for this as well it keeps everything in it's place so it won't get messy or anything. I'm a retard and it took me a few minutes to figure out to open it, but I'm sure anyone with common sense will get it opened in a jiffy. $22 wasn't alot for how cool and awesome this is! Chck it out if you can.:)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2008 11:51:00 PM More reviews by MsLips

My favorite brow powder ever!!! It's such a cute packaging i have to say! It comes with two colors, a brunette shade with red tones and a dark rich brown and a wax to tame the hairs in place. It also comes with a small brush, but i don't care for it. I mainly use the darker color but i like to mix the shades. This will last a very long time. It keeps your brows looking amazing and natural, but with staying power. 22 dollars is not a lot for such a great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2008 12:37:00 AM More reviews by zvhawkins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a total brow freak...and very picky about my brow filler and I just found LORAC's Take a Brown in Dark Brown a few weeks ago. Ever since I got it from Sephora, I have been in heavy. THIS is my HG brow filler.

I have tried a million different shadows, gels, pencils, etc. for my brows and could never manage to get the color correct. My hair is VERY deep brown/black. My skin tone is medium to tan (I am an indoor tanner) and my eyes are brown. All the browns out there (except for this one, of course!) turn out a little orangey and are just 'off'. Blacks are too much and appear almost blue at times. Even if they look OK in person, they are totally off in photography. With my upcoming wedding, I became extremely concerned with finding a brow filler that will work well in photos.

I FOUND IT. This is it. It comes in a small compact with a medium brown powder and a dark, dark brown (almost black) powder, and a brow wax. I don't use the wax because I don't need it but I am sure some would find it handy.

The small angled brush is sufficient and I like how smoothly it goes on. I do not see a need for a different brush - this one works wonders on its own. It is very pigmented so you don't need much and the thing is, it is SO blendable!!

I tap once or twice on the medium brown, then once or twice on the dark brown and then fill in my brows one at a time, retapping in between brows.

I LOVE IT. I encourage anyone with my hair color to get this. Brows will make or break a face. Let your brows be beautiful. This contains the perfect shades for dark brown to black haired people.

HIGHLY recommended.