Trader Joe's A Midsummer Night's Cream-Unscented

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

NEW formula : Water, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Butylene Glyvol, Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Panthenol, Polysorbate 60, Sorbitan Stearate, Ceteareth-20, Allantoin, Avocado Oil, Jojoba Oil, Symphytum Officinale (Comfrey) Rhizome/Root Extract, Hydroloyzed Soy Protein, Tocopherol, Stearic Acid, TEA-Carbomer, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, PropylParaben, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil ******************************************************* OLD formula Water, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Glyceryl Stearate, Avocado Oil, Glycerin, Emulsifying Wax NF, Symphytum Officinale Extract, Cucumis Sativus, Jojoba Seed Oil, Xanthan Gum, Soybean Protein, Panthenol, Tocopherol, Coffea Arabica (Coffee) extract, Viola Tricolor Extract, Commiphora Myrrha Oil, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Oil, Citric Acid, Allantoin, Sage Oil, Methylparaben

on 6/13/2014 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Very inexpensive for a BIG pump-top bottle. Picked one up on a whim at a local TJ's and use it on the desk at work. Decent weight (mid-weight - not too thick, not too runny) and Unscented.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I bought this years ago & it was all natural. I forgot about it & recently bought another bottle out of convenience. It says unscented but smells fruity & herbal which I disliked. It's thick & creamy. It feels moisturizing on the skin.
However, after a few weeks if daily use my hands are super dry & hurt. They feel like they have been burned! My husband felt my hands when I touched him & asked why they are so dry.
This lotion is terrible. It's very irritating to my sensitive, dry skin & full of chemicals.

on 4/12/2013 8:28:00 PM

This is light in texture and smells like fruit loops. The scent is very light and does not smell chemically like other unscented lotions, and to be honest is the main reason for my purchasing. I am only starting to be concerned about ingredients and I would love to have tried the old formula, so one lip pie off.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I picked this up for $3.99, thinking it might be a good, cheap alternative to the Dress Green lotion I am obsessed with but not able to afford at the moment. I use it primarily on my son who has eczema on occasion, and sometimes on my hands. I love the value and the pump but I find that it is a bit thin for a cream, the moisturization doesn't last very long, and it has a sightly floral/herbal base scent rather than a truly "unscented" aroma. For $4, I will use it, but it was not an adequate replacement for the other product.

on 2/28/2013 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I used to love this lotion/cream when it came in the rectangular-ish larger bottle and with the old formula (NO petrolatum, no urea, no TEA/DEA chemicals - only methylparaben as the harmful stuff)! It was my favourite unscented cream. It didn't cause breakouts, had no artificial fragrance. Just a lovely scent of aloe.
Recently, I was shocked to notice the formula has changed, quite a bit. New ingredients (in priority order) are - butylene glycol, petrolatum, dimethicone, peg-100 stearate, hydrolyzed soy protein, tocopherol, TEA-carbomer, diazolidnylurea, methylparaben, propylparaben.
In the new formula, glycerin, aloe juice, jojoba oil, avocado oil and all such good stuff has moved lower down the order. NOT good!
Missing ingredients in the new formula - Cucumis Sativus, Coffea Arabica (Coffee) extract, Viola Tricolor Extract, Commiphora Myrrha Oil, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Oil, Citric Acid, Allantoin
So basically, I am paying just for a fancy bottle of petrolatum+butylene glycol and a bunch of nasty chemicals.
It would have been better if they had upped the price a bit (which they have already done - from $2.60 to $4) and kept the old, working formula the same!
HATE it when products sneakily change on us. Please write to Trader Joe's to urge restoration of the old formula.

on 1/17/2013 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like that its unscented and has an herbal aloe blend but I was a little disappointed to see it has parabens listed in the ingredient panel. I'm not sure why I thought it wouldn't have them - I assumed it was a natural product and if it was, it might have been paraben-free? :/ Got it home and read the label and had a surprise: Propylparaben and Methylparaben. Based on that, I won't repurchase. I'm not a paraben fanatic but avoid them unless its such a great product that I can't live without it.

on 9/26/2012 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Nothing but love for this. I use it on face, hands, body and it never sets off my sensitive, reactive skin.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Love this stuff! I experiment a lot with lotions, looking for just the right one. I always tend to stay away from anything containing mineral oil or petroleum, so I love Trader Joe's cosmetics since they tend to be more natural. This lotion is very affordable and it's great for using after you shave since it doesn't contain any fragrance that irritates the skin. It's moisturizing, but it doesn't quite make it to 5 stars because the moisturizing effect could last a bit longer (that is one drawback to using more natural products). I love the pun: "a midsummer night's cream." There aren't many stores with as much light-spirited humor as Trader Joe's. Also, the best thing about this product??? The pump that you can lock! I've always loved lotions that come with pumps, they're just much more sanitary. And finally someone thought to make a pump that locks so that if you want to take this with you on a trip you don't have to worry about lotion getting everywhere in your bag! Genius! Another great use is to mix this with a lotion that has a really heavy scent in order to dilute it a little bit.

on 7/21/2012 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I worked with paper at my office all day, and it dries my hands out like crazy! This moisturizer hits the spot! It rubs in easily and my skin absorbs it quickly, and it leaves my hands super soft! Vegan, no animal testing, and $3.99 per 16oz bottle with an easy pump applicator! Love it!

on 4/16/2012 7:24:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

My skin has been particularly parched lately, and none of my body lotions have enough oomph. The only thing that's been working is sweet almond oil, but I don't like to use oils every day. I used to use this years ago, and picked some up last week. It's a great product - wonder if it's still made by Nature's Gate? It's on the heavier side, but still can be dispensed with a pump. No horrid or clashing scent, and is keeping my body well moisturized. It's not heavy enough to my liking for hand cream, though.

Top Rated Trader Joe's Products