July 30, 2014 | 2016 users online

Bronzers - Fyrinnae - Shimmer Bronzer in Light

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2007 10:00:00 AM More reviews by FourFortyFive

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

EDIT: 03.09.08 hate to do this, but i'm pretty sure this stuff has been breaking me out into horrible cystic pimples. i don't know why over the past 2 months this has suddenly been occuring, but they're right where i apply this bronzer. i've cleaned my brush several times to no avail...nothing else in my face care or m/u routine has changed. i've since, switched bronzers and the breakouts have stopped.

L.O.V.E.!!! I’ve never really worn bronzer in the past. They look obvious and incredibly fake on PPP me, even when I think I’ve found the perfect color and application method. I received this as a RAOK from a wonderful MUAER but I would certainly purchase this once this runs out. PPP, nw15, light green eyes and dark hair.

I was nervous at first, the color looks way too dark in the pot. I also thought it might be too brown...in the past I have liked bronzers with a little bit of pink in them to mimic my skin’s natural color when it’s been in the sun (i.e. Guerlain “blondes”). After I learned how to apply this to fit my liking (it took a few tries), I’m totally in love and have been using it almost daily over past two weeks, lightly applied for a beautiful healthy glow...add a bit of blush and the look is gorgeous. Natural, not obvious...no one will guess that you’re wearing bronzer. Of course you can apply it heavier for an actual “bronze” look which is also gorgeous, but I haven’t quite got my technique down since it’s November and I live in Montana, I don’t need that look atm. Easy to apply lightly with my Sephora bronzer brush.

Shimmer-There is a sheen or “glow” to this, no sparkles. The glow gives a “your skin but better” look, it really is perfect. Nothing over the top, ultra-shimmery or mirror ball. Just an imitation of the glow of freshly scrubbed skin.

Packaging: Just shy of 2 inches in diameter and 3/4 inches high, it’s a little small to fit a full kabuki comfortably. A 10g clear pot with a black ring around the lid and “Fyrinnae” in small script across the top. The pot comes with a non-closable sifter.

Price: $7 for 10grams

I like minerals in general because when you’ve found the brand that works for you, it seems to sink into your skin and blend beautifully. I also think they last longer throughout the day than ordinary cream or powder makeup. This is my first Fyrinnae product but it won’t be my last :)

Ingredients: Mica, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide continued >>