July 31, 2014 | 2009 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Babyliss - Ceramic Setter - 20 Roller Set

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2013 7:14:00 PM More reviews by sikandria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i cant believe i waited so long to try these hot rollers,they are perfect for novices you just cant go wrong with them,my hair is shoulder length and very layered but i find them an absolute doddle to putthem in easy peasy,the results after only ten mins of using just 8 reveal salon worthy results,in fact my daughter asked me if i had been to the hairddressers after using these thefirst time ever-tee-hee!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2012 9:15:00 AM More reviews by ndeadeas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE these and cant style my hair without them now. I have long thick hair and I just put the large 8 rollers in and when I take them out I have a hairdresser looking blow dry. Even if I cant be bothered to properly dry my hair and just rough dry it so its still a little frizzy - I put these rollers in and it smooths my hair perfectly. Im going to buy the set of 5 so I can take them on holidays with me as I really miss them then.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2011 6:24:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HOLY WOWZA! I have very fine hair that is thinning for several years despite medications/vitamins. My hair is limp and doesnt have life. I havent used hot rollers since high school So I bought this roller set out of desperation for any kind of bounce to my hair. I am happy to report this gave me the perfect volume while providing a sexy wave. I have not been able to produce natural waves with any curling irons. I got this set at Sallys. It contains 3/4 inch size small, 1 inch size medium, and 1 1/4 large rollers. I section my hair using 4 ways: nap, crown, and 2 sides. I use 1inch on nap and sides, and use the 1 1/4 on the crown to give me volume. my bottom of my hair is nice and curled looking with the 1 roller, and my volume is huge because of the 1 1/4 inch roler. I only use the clips not the pins that it come with. Im totally a novice, I just put some glaze in my sections, and roll. And my curls come out as professional looking as Kim Kardashians hair. What I love about the roller set is that it is hot moist heat without burning my fingers/scalp/neck like curling irons. Also roller set takes a lot shorter time that my hands getting tired by curling iron curling one piece of strand at a time. The only downfall is it takes up space. I could not travel with this.
I highly recommend this babyliss roller by Jilbere, this brand really holds the curl. I used to have an old one in high school that didnt do a good job. Since I havent user roller sets since then, I relearning how to use it in my hair. For a novice, this is a great set.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2010 9:32:00 PM More reviews by paintingitpink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My hair: EXTREMELY thin, baby fine, flat straight hair. My hair has literally no curl or frizz to it.

I have the Babyliss 20 ceramic roller set (North American version). I found a brand new set from someone on craigslist for $20CND. GREAT deal. I've used hot rollers before, but I had an old junky Remmington set from the 90s. Those old rollers were all the same size, and HEAVY. I couldn't move for an hour while they were setting because they'd slide out. I bought extra roller clamps from sally's, but they still never worked.

Anyways my point is now that I have these rollers I literally can never go back to anything else! They're lightweight and soft, and they never slide out of my hair. I never use the pins, just the rollers clamps that came with the box. Not once have I had a weird kink in my hair (usually on the scalp) where the clamp kinked the curl. The roller clamps are BETTER then the pro one's from Sally's!

There are three sizes of rollers in this set: small, medium, and large, and all three work great in my shorter hair. The large ones have never slid out once.

I've played around with them for a week, and my results from the rollers are a very soft curl with TONS of volume. Seriously, it feels like my hair has been done at a salon! I use Tresemme heat tamer and Tresemme hair spray in fine mist, and my hair looks professional all day. If somebody has longer and curlier hair they would no doubt be left with curlier hair than mine. It's a really great set to get body, bounce and shine. I wish I had longer hair, because I'm sure these would create a really great beachy look too.

I selected "Yes" that I would buy this one again, but hopefully this one will last me a very long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2009 3:45:00 PM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

These are my first hot rollers Ė and I love them. I canít believe I waited this long to try them. No more time using traditional rollers on damp hair and no more painful tangles with a hot brush or curlers.

You, of course, get 20 ceramic rollers in the set; 8 large rollers, 6 medium sized ones and 6 smaller ones. You also get 20 metal pins to hold the rollers in your hair (the ends of the pins are coloured. Use the purple pins for the large rollers, blue for medium and pink for the smaller ones) and 10 metal butterfly clips you can also use to hold the rollers in place, or you can use them to section your hair while styling.

Simply turn on the base unit (the unit has a dial so you can select the best temperature for your hair type and length. The dial isnít numbered, which some people will find a pain), when theyíve reached the selected temperature (In about 10 minutes. one of the large rollers has a heat sensitive spot. When the spot turns white, youíre ready to go), simply set them in your hair, put your makeup on, remove the rollers and go (Leave the rollers in your hair for at least 10 minutes. My hair is long and thick, so I leave them in for 30/40 minutes).

As the rollers are ceramic, my hair looks shinier and there is no frizz. After use the rollers are stored in the base (which has a lid), so my catís canít wonder along and burn their noses!!

I love the fact there are more of the larger rollers. When I havenít got the time (or effort Ė Iím lazier with my hair, then with makeup) to use all sizes together for a curly style, I can use a few of the larger ones to create a loose wave and body in my hair.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2007 9:49:00 PM More reviews by boogiedisease

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Paid £36 for this set at Boots, but I'm so thankful that I opted to purchase this brand/set over all the others. I've never used hot rollers that have yielded such results!
These are flocked velvet rollers that include a whole ton of the traditional metal clips, and 10 plastic jaw clips (or as BaByliss calls 'em, "Super" clips). There are three different sizes in the set.
I love the end result that these rollers create-- a strong, shiny curl that has a lot of bounce and body. The curls last much longer than they do with the regular rollers. In fact, my hair doesn't seem to keep a heat-induced curl in very well. That wasn't the case with these rollers!
They take a lot longer to cool than conventional hot rollers, but this isn't an issue for me. They've got a bit of a split in the side of the roller which I find peculiar-- not sure if this serves a purpose or not. I actually stuck my ends in their once. Yes, there was a bit of a kink when they cooled, but I was able to brush this kink out and I was actually left with a really strong end curl.
Sure, they're more expensive than the rest, but they seem to be a high-quality ceramic styler (I know the cheap stuff when I see/use it). I would have bought the 30 roller set if it was in stock. I opted for this and I'm quite happy with my purchase!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No