Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets

4.5

Propylene,Mineral Oil, Dimethylbenzylidene Sorbitol, Ultramarines 6/15/09 (from package)

on 7/29/2015 4:22:00 PM

I have been using this product on and off since years ago. I like this item because it does what it claims. It does absorb oil well. However now I have stock pile of Japanese oil absorbing sheet (made of thin paper) so until I run of those, I won't be repurchasing this. Also now my skin is not that oily anymore I tend to use less oil absorbing sheet

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Oil-absorbing sheets... that contain oil?! The ingredients list is as follows: "polypropylene, mineral oil, dimethyldibenzylidene sorbitol, ultramarines"

First off, my skin type? Acne-prone, very oily all over, prone to clogging, slightly sensitive, medium complexion, etc.
Skin concerns: Hyper-pigmentation, light scarring, uneven skin, light-moderate acne, very oily skin, clogged pores, dry patches due to acne medication. (*cries* such a long list.)

It claims to: "instantly soak up excess oil and remove shine from your face, without smudging makeup or leaving behind powder. Softer than paper, these silky sheets can be used easily around your nose and other areas of your face. Use them anytime, anywhere to remove oil and shine throughout the day"

I used about one to two sheets to completely remove the oil from my face. It seemed like the more I used these sheets, the oilier I was getting. That's when I realized it contained "mineral oil" in it. While mineral oil being comedogenic or not is debatable, it sure doesn't help keep oily people matte! It's mostly used as a moisturizer or skin softener. I don't understand why on earth it'd be used on a blotting sheet. What a waste of my money. This stuff runs out because the more you use it, the oilier you get, and the more product you end up using.

There are so many better alternatives out there! I've recently switched to Shiseido's Pureness Blotting Sheet which doesn't disturb my make-up and contains a powder that keeps my skin matte! Soooooo much worth it than these C&C ones.

on 7/15/2015 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I can't leave the house with out this, when I run out I feel so helpless haha I've tried all blotting sheets but always go back to these, these are the only ones I have used that have this plastic like feel which i prefer instead of the paper type. only thing I don't like is that it seems like the price goes up a lot for these, used to pay about 5 cdn and now it's almost 10 cdn

I never leave home without this.

Yes, I will be the first to admit that this is not the single most mandatory product ever. Yes, you can use napkins, etc. to dab if you're in a pickle. But I love how this keeps makeup in place, and I just really, really love this and always repurchase when I'm out. Not super crazy about the packaging, but hey, I can't think of a better way, so I won't complain too much about it.

on 6/15/2015 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Love these for blotting! They remove all the oilies, but leave the makeup in place. A godsend for oily chicks like me.I will keep buying, but I feel like they are kind of expensive for just a little strip of paper.

on 6/14/2015 6:01:00 PM

Great oil absorbing sheets. I have extremely oily skin and I use this daily. It works like any other expensive absorbing sheet but you get more for half the price.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is one of my holy grail products for my oily and acne prone skin. My face tends to be greasy at the afternoon so carrying this lightweight sheets is a must. I love the simple yet subtle packaging.

on 4/27/2015 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Comparing to all the oil sheets in the market this one absorbs all the oil out your skin. It's pretty small but worth it.

on 4/6/2015 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Having a very oily skin like myself, this one is a must. It is easy to find and doesnt take much space in my purse. I have to blot my face for every few hours and this product is really handy. What I really like about this is it absorbs pretty much all of the oil from my face, but it doesn't ruin my makeup. I've been buying this for a quite long time. I have to say that this is my life saviour.

I started out by using the Essence All About Matte Oil Absorbing Papers, because they were cheap and only costed about $2.99 CAD. But, they were taking off makeup and making me look splotchy, and wouldn't remove all the oil, which I hated! I then went on here and read about the Clean And Clear ones and decided to give them a try. Well, they didn't remove my makeup, but I still felt the need to blot with powder afterwords, but they definitely absorbed all the oil, so I will be repurchasing.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools