September 2, 2014 | 1563 users online

Concealers - Chanel - Eclat Lumiere Highlighting Face Pen

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2014 9:46:00 PM More reviews by MACalleycat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

The actual product is amazing...silky with nice coverage. However, there is very little product for the price ($40) and the applicator seems designed for waste. It features an attached brush and you twist the wand for the product to rise up through the brush. Inevitably too much comes out and the brush can't be cleaned. You also can't tell how much is left because of the black case.

Again, nice product but you can get just as good if not better at a fraction of the cost

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2013 1:48:00 PM More reviews by blondbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Sadly this was a flop for me I purchased the lightest shade beige pastel and it was to dark for me as soon as I clicked it and saw it come out a horrid orange color I knew it be to dark if it had matched my skin it would have been perfect also I think you get far to little for what you pay for this pale skin ladies I do not recommend this to.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2013 3:56:00 PM More reviews by exelero

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Nice highlighter. Too little amount of product for the price paid, much less than YSL Touche Éclat! Worth trying

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by mhanna

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the Eclat Lumiere in 50-Medium Deep. I have always had this pen in my bag but it is not my main concealer. It is not the one I use in the morning as I use a heavier concealer right after my TM. Since this pen was not part of my morning routine, I really did not realize how much I loved it until I ran out. What I love about this pen is that it is in-between a highlighter pen and a concealer. So, it is perfect for mid-day when you need to freshen-up. For me, it is perfect because it adds brightness, conceals, but looks fresh and not like a second coat of makeup. It evens out the cringles below the inner corners of my eyes and it really lasts. If I put it one after lunch it will still look fresh at 8pm. I love that it is in a twist up pen because it is convenient and easy to apply with one hand (even if you are driving which you should never do.) I have come to love this more then any other highlighter pen (YSL included) and more then many traditional concealers as well. I purchase two at a time now, one for my purse and one for back up. You can purchase anywhere they have a Chanel counter at $40 USD. Not cheap, but I will always repurchase. I am taking one lippie off for the cost and for the black container. I would love to know how much I had left so I could purchase before running out. Otherwise, I love it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2013 8:11:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a comparison review of Chanel Eclat Lumiere to YSL Touche Eclat.
Essentially, products like these are illuminating concealers. Since their illuminating aspect is their main feature, they're not meant to be used on lieu of a proper concealer, hence their coverage isn't up to par with other concealers.
Eclat Lumiere has more coverage than Touche Eclat, which I actually dislike since my dark circles aren't very prominent in the first place, hence I prefer lighter coverage products on my under eyes. Touche Eclat provides just that. I recommend Eclat Lumiere for those with darker, more prominent dark circles.
Because Eclat Lumiere has slightly heavier coverage, it looks less natural, and it's not even the slightest bit brightening. Touche Eclat, on the other hand, is more natural-looking and somewhat brightening.
Also, both products are said to be able to be used as a highlighter. I strongly disagree. Highlighters have sheer to no coverage (only the light-reflecting particles should show--there shouldn't be any pigments), and these have enough pigment to be labeled as a concealer, and too much pigment to be labeled as a highlighter. I tried using it on my nose bridge and it simply ended up looking like I, well, put concealer on my nose.
Eclat Lumiere lasts for 4 hours; Touche Eclat lasts for 7 hours on me.
Both have a smooth, creamy, blendable consistency, but I prefer YSL's simply because it doesn't take forever to dry and set like Eclat Lumiere's does. I also prefer YSL's iconic luxurious gold packaging. :b
Both feature a click pen with a silicone brush tip.
For some reason, the Chanel associate matched me to 50 Medium Deep, the darkest shade. I'm NC35 (well, NC30 now, since for some reason I'm unbelievably pale this winter) and it's too dark! 35 Medium is probably my match. In Touche Eclat, 5.0 is too dark and 3.5 matches well.
My biggest complaint of Eclat Lumiere is its price. I'm well accustomed to high-end prices, but this is way too overpriced--$40 for only 0.04 oz., which is no more than two months' worth of product. Touche Eclat also costs $40, but it has 0.1 oz.--more than double the amount!
Would I repurchase? No.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2012 2:40:00 PM More reviews by Enkida

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I own the Chanel Eclat Lumiere in "20 beige clair." I bought it in Germany, where it costs 33€ for 1.2ml of product.

First of all, while this is not unique to Chanel, in general I abhor highlighting pen applicators with brushes attached. The brushes waste product - something you can't really afford to do when you have less than 2ml of product to begin with - and it's unhygenic and practically uncleanable. I solve this problem by simply cutting the brush attachment off right from the start, whether on a high-end or low-end concealer, but since I have to modify the product casing at all, I knock a point off for that.

The second negative point here is the price. As said, 33 euros for 1.2ml is bad; not only that, the tube is opaque black so you can't even judge how much product you've used. Additionally, most highlighter pens come with at least 1.5ml, but I actually hunted the amount included down, and it really does come with less than the "standard" despite costing more. To be expected from high-end brands, but still a little disappointment that they couldn't include that extra .3ml for us plebeians. ;-)

That's the only negative things I have to say about this highlighting pen. In every other aspect, it outperforms every other highlighting pen concealer I have ever tried to date. It illuminates, but doesn't sparkle too much; it conceals, but it's not cakey. I do find I have to blend it twice to keep it from settling into the fine lines under my eyes, but once I've patted it down for the second time, it stays on for roughly 6 hours. This staying power without touchups beats all other highlighting pen concealers I've tried hands down. It could potentially last even longer if I were to powder it down, but I like the illuminating effect that keeping it free of powder creates, and I have dry skin, so I try to avoid powder when I can. Most importantly, in Germany - the land of drastically reduced colour choices for the darker-skinned - this came in a good match for my skin tone.

If the price-to-product amount were anything better than what it actually is, I would stick with this product for concealing my undereye rings. Alas, being what it is, this is something I'd save up to buy for a special occasion - weddings, anniversaries or the like - rather purchasing it for my everyday consumption. Even if I'm not on a tight budget, 33 Euros for a month or two of product just won't cut it for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2011 9:21:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

The product is fantastic, but it runs out extremely quickly. In only 6 weeks it is already gone!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2011 2:15:00 AM More reviews by lizzea

Beautiful highlighting pen and doubles well as a concealer (if you're only hiding minor flaws) - amazing under eyes and around nose and mouth, but VERY expensive here in Australia and it doesn't last that long (i.e. I'll have to buy another one soon unless I find something as good that's cheaper!). Pretty sheer but I think the advantage of that is that you'll find a colour for your skin tone (unlike the limited colour range of their mat lumiere foundations) and it dries nicely. It did crease a little under my eye but it could be because I have quite oily skin/lids. Great product, except for the price, but it is Chanel I guess!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2011 10:08:00 PM More reviews by Nickersk

This was fantastic under my eyes- but I have gone through it in less than a month and am very disppointed given it cost roughly $65 here in Australia!! I want to buy it again but will not use as much as I did! Probaby get something else for everyday use.
Update... Looking for this to buy cheap online I have discovered how much product you are actually buying... 1.2mls! No wonder! Will not be buying again except for my wedding day makeup if I can't find anything as good

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2011 7:48:00 PM More reviews by meliciousmelmy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm left feeling a bit confused about this product. I use it under my eyes whenever I'm looking tired or pale, I don't use it as a highlighter per se. I love it because it cancels out my dark circles, illuminates and reflects to make my eye area brighter, adds a tiny bit of shimmer that really brightens my whole face. The applicator is easy and efficient, you just twist the bottom until product comes out the top through the brush and dot a bit under your eyes. Then I either pat on or buff in with a blending brush. Excellent results! However, I do find that it creases a little bit a few minutes after applying, so I have to remember to blend that in once again, where it will stay put for the rest of the day. Also, the shimmers looks fabulous in indoor lighting, but in natural light, it can look a bit too shimmery, almost as if you applied a shimmer eyeshadow and the fallout landed under your eyes. Overall, I haven't found another product like it. It's quick, easy, a bit expensive but works wonders! Just be careful to buff it out once it creases and try to use it when you'll be staying indoors. Will most likely repurchase unless I find a better quality product for under the eyes!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No