July 29, 2014 | 1915 users online

Blush - Everyday Minerals - Pink Ribbon Blush

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2012 2:27:00 AM More reviews by nopes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this product a year and a half ago. I still have tons and tons left and I've used it quite a few times. I have very pale skin, so a little definitely goes a long way. On me (neutral undertones, leaning more towards yellow than pink) this is the quintessential babydoll, ballerina pink. I only wear it in the summer as I fear it might cause sugar shock during the winter, being sickly sweet. It's definitely not for everyone, but if you're looking for a sweet, innocent, youthful color, this may be for you. It is quite shimmery, but I find that easy to tone down with a finishing powder, although, when applied lightly, it didn't look too shimmery on.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2011 3:45:00 PM More reviews by piecesofpurple

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been on the hunt for the perfect, soft baby pink shade and I'm pretty disappointed with this one. The photo on MUA looks nothing like the color in the pan or on the skin because the picture portrays a cool toned, soft baby pink shade that is exactly what I was looking for. As soon as I got it in the mail, I saw that it has definite peachy-hues in it, as well. I first tried it on bare skin and it showed up as a medium coral-orange shade (my skin is very pale with neutral to yellow undertones). Despite my yellow undertones, I have pink mineral blushes that show up pink on my cheeks, so it's not my skin coloring interfering with this shade that makes it look peachy on me (especially when first applied).

However, oddly enough, when I tried it over my foundation, it looked much more wearable. Over my foundation (EM's Golden Fair or Lauress' Gentle Ivory), it looks like a soft peachy pink shade with a hint of sheen. The sparkles are not overpowering at all, so it looks pretty natural, which I do like. The staying power is so-so. I'm on accutane now, so my skin is quite dry and even over my well moisturized face with a light dusting of MMU, this blush started fading half way through the day.

I'm not completely disappointed because the color is pretty, but it's just not that soft baby pink I was hoping for. If anyone can suggest one they've found, please let me know!

***EDIT*** I've changed my rating to 4 stars because I realized that it does have very good staying power, after all. I must have been in bad lighting when I came to my first conclusion that it didn't hold up well. I applied it at 8 this morning and it's still exactly where I put it 12 hours later! It also is a very pretty peachy pink shade and would look great on fair women with warm/neutral skin tones. I'm still on the hunt for the ultimate baby pink, blush though!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/8/2011 4:36:00 PM More reviews by ahraffarha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got a sample of this and it's just light pink glitter-shimmer. I am NC35 and really dislike light, cool toned, shimmery shades on my skin. Was not impressed. Looks like something fit for those toy makeup kits for the under 10 set.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2011 1:09:00 AM More reviews by ImaginaryBFF

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Might be my HG blush color. Love the color; it has just the right amount of shimmer, and it goes so well with my skin tone. You just know when a blush is the one!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2011 5:58:00 PM More reviews by angelixia07

This shade of pink is just for some reason not too flattering on me. It's a warm medium carnation pink that brings out whatever pink/redness/pigmentation I have going on in my cheeks that my foundation didn't cover. The pigmentation is good and it is a natural, semi-matte finish. I just don't think it looks good against my skin tone (NC30) so I rarely use it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2011 8:18:00 PM More reviews by lianegraham

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For reference, I wear this blush over Everyday Minerals Semi-Matte Base in Fair.
I bought this hoping it would be a dupe for Benefit's Dandelion, which is my HG blush. Well, it's definitely not a dupe, BUT it is also the only blush other than Dandelion that I have ever truly liked on my face. It's slightly darker and more pigmented, so I can get a real flush from it, but it doesn't make me look like a clown at all.
My only gripe is the same one I have with all EDM products, which is that I find the packaging flimsy and messy. I'd still repurchase. It's a solid product that produces beautiful results for great value.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2010 9:29:00 PM More reviews by slopez1991

So I love this blush! I love it so much that I got a big version.
It's very pink (which i love), and goes well with my light medium (mexican) skin tone. I'm a blush addict and would rather wear more than less. Before i bought the big version I read mostly negative reviews of people complaining that it turned orange after a while. I never noticed this before so i checked and honestly either i don't notice if it does or it doesn't look bad with my skin tone. Overall this is favorite go-to brush <3

rated 1 of 5 on 4/13/2010 11:25:00 AM More reviews by missceline1990

Omg this was soooo pink on my cheeks. I got this because I have blond hair and blue eyes and people told me that I should go for pink blushes. Well this was too heavy and to pink for me. Not recommanded for fair skin girls!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2010 12:25:00 PM More reviews by MichikoFliz

Also agree with Orange Ribbon. No more everyday minerals blushes for me. Shu Uemura Glow on blushes are my saviour.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2009 8:45:00 AM More reviews by kitza

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Most EDM blushes turn orange on me, this one is no exception.