October 20, 2014 | 1561 users online

Makeup Brushes - Bobbi Brown - Powder Brush

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2014 10:54:00 AM More reviews by OnePerfectPicture

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've had this brush for a few years. Love the tapered shape. Makes application more precise. But it still sheds a bit (not a lot but a few hairs with each use). I'm kinda obsessive about keeping my brushes clean because my skin is hyper reactive, so I wash it routinely with Bobbi Brown Conditioning Brush Cleaner (a very nice product by the way).

But I'm only giving it 3 lippies because it is somewhat scratchy. I have to use the sides to avoid the scratchiness. For the price it should be much softer. Will be looking for a suitable replacement.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2014 3:03:00 AM More reviews by krystleclear

There are some cons to this product like the smell (when it's new), not so soft bristles, extremely long handle and the exorbitant price. I decided to shell out the full price for this brush because I was having a hard time finding a decent powder brush that is suitable for my skin type.

My tzone is extremely oily while the other parts of my face are so dry in contrast. I never used to powder my cheeks because my powder brush would always mess with my foundation especially in my inner cheek area (near the sides of the nose). It would annoy me to no end because it would the makeup there look so red. blotchy and cakey. But this never happened with this powder brush which is why I am so in love with it. The tapered tip makes it easy to place setting powder anywhere on my face. It also doesn't make the powder look cakey at all. I can even use it for my finishing powder (Meteorites).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2014 4:11:00 AM More reviews by selins

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Hands down the best powder brush. I hesitated buying this first because it seemed a bit little for a powder brush but it is actually quite big. Just perfect. Picks right amount of powder and applies and blends it like no tomorrow. Never sheds or bleed just amazing. Go get it already. (In my country it is 80$ (168₺) so yes it is really expensive but I would buy immediately if it had the same price it has in US)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2012 3:26:00 PM More reviews by wickedcoolmama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have owned this for a year now and it is a great powder brush. it is big but not super big like some of the powder brushes and that is what i like about it. it has a little bit of tapered tip which lets me get around the nose and under the eyes easily. the bristles are very soft, feels similar to my laura mercier blush brush and paula dorf cheek brush. the brush itself is very light. it is quite long and so it is not ideal to travel with but works perfect for me at home, daily use. i recommend getting it at sephora during friends and family sale!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/22/2011 2:46:00 AM More reviews by Inuki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

While I was applying my setting powder this morning, the brush head of this brush fell off the brush handle. I literally froze in shocked silence as it clattered onto the floor and rolled away. I received this brush as a gift and only started using it a few months ago. I have since washed it 4-5 times in the same manner that I wash all my brushes: I wet only the tips of the bristles, swirl a bit of baby shampoo and then rinse, taking care not to get the area where the bristles are glued to the brush head wet, let alone where the brush head is attached to the handle.

I have a set of brushes from NuSkin that have lasted for more than 5 years with everyday use and washing every 10 days. I have three brushes from Everyday Minerals (concealer, foundation and flat top) that have lasted more than 3 years with everyday use. BOTH are a FRACTION of the horrendous rip-off that Bobbi Brown charges. I am appalled that a brush that retails for US$55-60 could fall apart in a matter of weeks. I will not repurchase this or any of Bobbi Brown's other products.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2010 5:59:00 PM More reviews by LSK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I absolutely love, love, love this brush! The hair is ultra soft – it doesn’t disturb the makeup underneath. But most important of all it doesn’t irritate my hyper sensitive skin on my cheeks. Further, it deposits the perfect amount of powder on my face so that it never looks cakey or made up.
It is my absolutely HG powder brush!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2010 8:17:00 AM More reviews by doe_eyed_kitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Fluff fluff fluff, thats how this brush feels on the skin. It applies powder gently and super smooth. Totally worth it!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2010 6:36:00 AM More reviews by panhiax2010

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Note: Bobbi Brown's powder brush went through about two changes as far as I am aware of. Bobbi Brown's first line of brushes was called "Bobbi Brown Essentials" and consisted of the Powder brush, Blush brush, Eye Smudge brush, and several other brushes. These brushes were in the professional length and regular length. The professional powder brush length was about 10 inches long and the regular powder brush length was about 8 inches long. The brushes were then simply re-named "Bobbi Brown". These also came in the professional length and regular length. I think the hair for the powder brush of these two series were made of squirrel hair, therefore, it was soft to the touch. Bobbi Brown then changed the hair of the powder brush and it now consists of goat hair.

I have the "Bobbi Brown Essentials" series powder brush and the second series powder brush without the "Essentials" writing on it. These two brushes are soft due to the squirrel hair. On both brushes, the hairs are tapered to a point/dome and they are my favorite powder brushes. The quality of these brushes is much better than that of the MAC 150. These brushes are not scratchy like the MAC 150 which a lot of people raved about.

UPDATE: I am bringing the rating from 4 lippes to 2 lippies because I recently purchased another Bobbi Brown powder brush in April 2013 and the quality is not the same any more. ThE hair of this powder brush looks like it is made of goat hair. The hairs are scratchier then the "Bobbi Brown Essential" series powder brush and the second series powder brush that I reviewed above but it is still not as bad as MAC face brushes. Consider the price of the brush ($62) and lack of quality, I would not buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2009 8:44:00 AM More reviews by septemberdeb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love Bobbi Brown products. At Dillards I was looking for a powder brush and found the Bobbi Brown powder brush. Great brush, but for $55,00 I declined. Isn't this a little too expensive?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2009 7:02:00 PM More reviews by sailorj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I adore this powder brush. Soft, perfectly applies powder to your face, doesn't shed, washes well. What else do you want? I have the long and short handle version (the latter for when I travel. Bought the long one before I knew there was a short one otherwise I would have just bought the short one).