July 25, 2014 | 1898 users online

Treatments (Eye) - L'Oreal - Dermo Expertise Eye Defense

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2014 1:51:00 AM More reviews by Chickeys

Before I get into this review, let me just say that I think most eye cream claims are 100% bunk. Note I said "most": I'm sure actual lifting/firming/erasing/brightening eye creams exist, but they're probably crazy expensive and I just can't justify dropping mega-cash on eye cream. (Bike racer here, I have entry fees and bike parts to pay for!) Ahem. So, this eye cream is nice -- I use it as an extra under eye moisturizer ONLY. I don't care that it claims to have caffeine to reduce puffiness or dark circles; that's not why I bought it. It doesn't irritate my skin, moisturizes nicely, and is a good base for my under eye brightening product (Maybelline Instant Age Rewind). I also don't pat it on: I apply it lightly with my ring finger. I just don't have it in me to stand around patting eye cream in--again, that's the bike racer in me talking: I'd rather be riding. (Of note, I'm going to be 34 soon and my plan is to age gracefully. I know I'll get wrinkles and lines: I've accepted it.) Packaging is a small, heavy glass jar with a screw-off lid; I would prefer a plastic jar because glass is fragile. I would probably repurchase this product, but I do plan to try out some other drugstore eye creams first. I have a hunch they're all going to be pretty much the same. :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2014 7:18:00 PM More reviews by MES

If you just need a light moisturizer for under the eye this is great. If you need a heavier moisturizer or anti-ager than forget this. This did nothing for my under eye area and is very thin/light. It smells faintly of cilantro and something else but I am not sure.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2014 10:01:00 PM More reviews by lukivo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was very disappointed by this product. The cream is a nice consistency, and feels very soothing upon application. But it did nothing for my fine lines. I found my fine lines actually getting worse within the 6 months I've been using this. The search is on for a better eye cream.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2014 9:34:00 PM More reviews by aliengirrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

Never used eye cream before untill I started noticing my concealer sinking into fine lines so I picked this one up as it was the cheapest I could find. It doesn't really do much, I've been using this for about a month and there is no difference.. doesn't really do anything it claims but does give some extra moisture. After I use this up I will invest in a better eye cream.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/29/2013 12:52:00 PM More reviews by artificialsweetness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really needed an eyecream and with a budget, this seemed to be the next best option. It does nothing it claims to do other than moisturize the eye area. It did nothing to depuff or brighten dark undercircles. What I absolutely hate about it is that it leaves a sticky film on the skin, making it impossible to wear under makeup, concealer etc. I can honestly tell you this is true since I tried using it for 4 months, day and night. I would recommend using the garnier roller ball thing instead

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2013 2:46:00 PM More reviews by fabmac1

This was one of the cheaper eye creams/gels at the drugstore. I didn't really pay attention to all the "claims" it had as i was just using it as a basic moisturizer under makeup. I have a night time eye cream that I use as well but since it contained a high amount of olive oil, it wasn't suitable for under makeup (olive oil removes makeup lol). The texture of this is a mix between a gel and a cream. It felt nice and cool upon application. My only complaint (and also the reason why I wouldn't purchase this again) would be the tacky feeling it left when it dried. It never went away...and i could feel it on my skin. I will use this up but won't be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2013 12:13:00 PM More reviews by maekay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Just wasn't moisturizing enough, period. I should have known by its consistency alone, it's kinda watery and I'm used to thicker eye creams that allow you to control how much you use and make it easier to direct where you apply it. I've liked L'Oreal's Revitalift in the past, this cream doesn't work for me and was actually making my eye area look worse due to lack of moisture. No thanks.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2013 9:34:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

When my last eye cream ran out I just didn't get another one to replace it. When I got into my 30's I decided I need to start using an eye cream again so I went to the drugstore. Everything was so expensive and I honestly bought this because it was the cheapest thing on the shelf (I think it was under $20)! I wanted to give my eye area some extra moisture care not really thinking that it would help dark circles like it claims. I have been using this now for about 2-3 months now and I have noticed a huge difference in my dark circles. They aren't completely gone (I don't think any product out there will ever do that) but the bluish and purplish hues have diminished to the point where a good concealer will actually cover up the rest of the darkness. I don't have any eye lines to comment on how well it works for fine lines but I am hoping it will prevent them or slow down the process at least.

I only apply this at night before I go to bed. I keep it in my night table and put a few dots under each eye before I turn off my light to go to sleep. I don't love the pot format just because its a great place for bacteria and germs to hang out but its not a huge deal breaker for me. I really love this eye cream and I highly recommend it. I will definitely repurchase because it works and its the cheap one on the shelf so your wallet will like it too!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by RenattaK

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this eye cream for a week now. I purchased it because it was about half off at Ulta and it was cheaper than most creams I saw there. Basically I bought this to get rid of my dark circles and the annoying wrinkles under my eyes. After a week, I already see a big improvement in the appearance if my dark circles! I've been using this about twice a day (after I wash my face). I haven't really noticed a difference in the wrinkles though, but I realize that will take longer than a week. The packaging is nice and eloquent!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by spikester

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This does exactly what it says it will do. It depuffs and gets rid of dark circles. It really does all of that and beautifully. I recently started noticing some puffiness and dark circles in the morning when I wake up. I simply put this on and within minutes, my eye area looks refreshed, not puffy and no darkness. It has caffeine in it and that really eliminates the puffiness. I absolutely love this eye cream and the price is very affordable.