L'Oreal Dermo Expertise Eye Defense

3.2

Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Jojoba Oil, Cholesterol, Caffeine, Carbomer, Bisabolol, Methylparaben, Xanthan Gum, Mica, Oat Protein, Dicetyl Phosphate, Propylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hyaluronate, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, FD&C Red 40

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Not sure if they changed the formulation but my cream has a light pink tint that appears to have a pearlescent hint to it. I recently picked this up just for the use of a base for concealer. I have hereditary dark circles and I didn't buy this thinking they would magically disappear. No cream will diminish dark circles. I do like this eye cream. It does the job for me. I don't have dry skin but sometimes concealers can appear cakey without a cream under it. This cream works great for that purpose. I did notice that my puffiness seems mild now that I've started to use this cream. Also, this is rare that a cream doesn't produce mila or burns my eyes. Eye Defense doesn't cause any of that. I do feel this is a bit too pricey for what it is.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tried this eye cream last year. The 1st jar smelled like plastic so I called L'Oreal & they issued a replacement item coupon. The 1st jar also contained white cream. The 2nd jar contained white cream & had no scent I could discern. I used it happily for 7 months b/c it had a light texture & absorbed quickly. I don't have crow's feet (knock on wood) but have dark circles. I started to see a reduction in their intensity by Month 1's end. But I think there's only so much it can do to lighten them b/c I couldn't see a difference between Month 1's end & Month 7's end. I just repurchased it in March. This jar (my 3rd) is an absolute delight! It's a sparkly light pink cream w/a faint floral fragrance! It smooths on the same as my replacement jar (I never used the plastic-scented jar). It has lightened my circles a bit more after 2 months of use. So maybe it will erase them completely by the time it's gone. I use a teeny dab under each eye. I like the jar a lot b/c I just dip a clean Q-Tip in it. I washed out the 1st jar to use for travel. I dislike the price b/c I think it's been around for years & should've dropped a bit by 2015. I have tried a serum by Palmer's that I really enjoyed but can no longer locate that was only $4 from Big Lots & a Freeman Vita-K serum that proved to be a waste of $12. So the Eye Defense is $12 from WalMart but it's really effective & pleasant to use. I just don't understand the inconsistency in the product's color & scent. But I will try again & if something is "off" I'll let L'Oreal know.

on 5/1/2015 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

This cream does hydrate the undereye area but has done nothing for dark circles for me personally. A little goes a long way with this cream. No more than a few drops should be used under both eyes. It takes a few minutes to soak into your skin, so be sure to leave some extra time for that before applying any makeup or other moisturizer over it. Because it's so moisturizing, it made my eye makeup glide on smoothly which was nice (occasionally I would apply to my eyelids as well). I agree with other reviewers that it sometimes leaves a funky residue, especially when rubbing or touching the area after application. I wouldn't purchase this again, but overall I like this cream as a hydrater but not for dark circles.

on 1/21/2015 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I bought a few jars of this when I was in my early 20s. So I wasn't really looking for a heavy old lady cream. I had dark circles but it's partly genetic and I did find that using this (and maybe any) moisturizer helped. But I liked the texture and thought it did a decent job for like $13. I have tried $60-$80 eye creams and honestly I don't think they are that great, some I didn't even keep. I mainly use cocoa butter vaseline at night on my eyes/lashes and sometimes an light night cream (that's discontinued) during the day. So I haven't really had a 'need' to buy this again. But I certainly don't hate it like some people did, and it does last a while. I think you can't expect too much from an eye cream. Plus, along with more sleep and better diet I don't have the dark circles as badly as I used to, but moisturizing is still important.

I did keep the empty jars and refill them with cream or treatment for when I traveled. It's glass so its not the best but I had them on hand so I did use them for that for a long time. They weren't heavy and they never broke so it actually worked.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Terrible. I bought this because I finished my Clinique All Abut Eyes and I needed something on the day, this looked OK at the drug store.

It's very thin and watery, doesn't leave my eyes feeling hydrated at all. It also has a bit of a strange smell.

I was under the impression this was supposed to be anti-aging or used as a preventative treatment, but it doesn't even do the basic job of keeping my under-eye area soft and moisturised.

on 9/8/2014 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

My eyes burned each time I used this. I initially thought it might be another new product I was using, but, after using it alone, I found the Eye Defense to be the culprit. I liked the texture of this product, although I'm not a fan of bottles I have to stick my finger into. (Contamination is always a possibility.) I wanted to like it but won't finish the bottle. Out it goes...

on 4/24/2014 1:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Before I get into this review, let me just say that I think most eye cream claims are 100% bunk. Note I said "most": I'm sure actual lifting/firming/erasing/brightening eye creams exist, but they're probably crazy expensive and I just can't justify dropping mega-cash on eye cream. (Bike racer here, I have entry fees and bike parts to pay for!) Ahem. So, this eye cream is nice -- I use it as an extra under eye moisturizer ONLY. I don't care that it claims to have caffeine to reduce puffiness or dark circles; that's not why I bought it. It doesn't irritate my skin, moisturizes nicely, and is a good base for my under eye brightening product (Maybelline Instant Age Rewind). I also don't pat it on: I apply it lightly with my ring finger. I just don't have it in me to stand around patting eye cream in--again, that's the bike racer in me talking: I'd rather be riding. (Of note, I'm going to be 34 soon and my plan is to age gracefully. I know I'll get wrinkles and lines: I've accepted it.) Packaging is a small, heavy glass jar with a screw-off lid; I would prefer a plastic jar because glass is fragile. I would probably repurchase this product, but I do plan to try out some other drugstore eye creams first. I have a hunch they're all going to be pretty much the same. :)

on 4/14/2014 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

If you just need a light moisturizer for under the eye this is great. If you need a heavier moisturizer or anti-ager than forget this. This did nothing for my under eye area and is very thin/light. It smells faintly of cilantro and something else but I am not sure.

on 3/30/2014 10:01:00 PM

I was very disappointed by this product. The cream is a nice consistency, and feels very soothing upon application. But it did nothing for my fine lines. I found my fine lines actually getting worse within the 6 months I've been using this. The search is on for a better eye cream.

on 2/19/2014 9:34:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

Never used eye cream before untill I started noticing my concealer sinking into fine lines so I picked this one up as it was the cheapest I could find. It doesn't really do much, I've been using this for about a month and there is no difference.. doesn't really do anything it claims but does give some extra moisture. After I use this up I will invest in a better eye cream.