October 26, 2014 | 978 users online

Skincare - Face - Revive - Moisturizing Renewal Cream

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2014 11:54:00 AM More reviews by KimD507

After 2 days destroyed my acne prone face
Literally 10 breakouts in 2 days...tossed sample will not touch with a ten foot pole every again!

Beware oily acne prone (and I am 41)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 9:32:00 AM More reviews by MaggieBGood

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have tried other products, but I keep coming back to this one. It has made my skin look fantastic and I recommend it, even though it is expensive. One thing I have particularly noticed, is that I use it on my neck & chest (I'm on a budget, so can't run to the specific neck cream), and my skin in those areas looks in much better condition than people much younger than myself. Use it sparingly - you don't need a lot - and it lasts a good while. I also use the eye renewal cream which is amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2014 7:03:00 PM More reviews by Ebyanne

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Yes, it's expensive. Yes, it's worth it. I've been using this product for many years. I am over 60 and I am constantly asked what I use on my beautiful skin. I don't have good genes in that area. I hesitate every time I pull out my credit card to buy more ReVive, but I never regret it when I look at my face. BUY IT.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2013 12:55:00 PM More reviews by CJCJ

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Revisiting this line after 7 years; my skin has changed (since I'm older, lol) and the products are performing differently from when I used them in the past; for obvious reasons.

This is Revives night moisturizer. It hydrates while using glycolic acids to renew the skin. It's an interesting texture; a cream that feels like a gel... odd sensation but spreads very easily. You don't need a large amount to easily cover face and neck.

This line is potent. If you're not used to glycolic or retinal, then tread easily, esp. on the neck and chest area. My neck still reacts to this product and so, it can't be used there.

It does what it says: skin looks lovely, feels soft and is hydrated. There is a now a more hydrating version and I'm going to test that next. For those who are oily to normal to slightly dry, however, this is perfect. Can be layered over other products (serums) with no issues.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2013 10:29:00 AM More reviews by Gingerbelle8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

*Update*
Gahhh! I took a break from using this and when I went back to using it it just made my face feel like an oil slick the next morning. And they're so adamant about not using it on your neck for good reason!! It gives me sebaceous cysts, like larger milia on my neck!!! For that reason alone I don't like to use this because I need to be super careful to not touch my neck with this product. And for me to get rid of the cysts is really damaging to my neck skin. Revive sells a separate neck cream that's richer and blah blah blah...really? It's so many extra steps. I love the Sensitif day cream and have no issues with it on my neck, but the moisture renewal is just horrible. I'm going to try to use up the rest of I dare, but I'll most likely use it on discoloured skin elsewhere on my body since it has glycolic acid in it to help fade those marks.

*************

After reading the reviews I was really intrigued by this product. I wanted to try it for so long but avoided it in fear that it wouldnt work for me. I asked questions at Holt Renfrew (Canada's version of NM) and the SA was gracious enough to give me plenty of samples from the renewal range. I tried them for a week and I did see that my face was glowing and firmer. I guess what I was really hoping for was for the glycolic acid to clear away my acne on my cheeks. I went back and purchased the full jar and wanted the toner and the day cream as well. (They were out of stock on the toner and day cream so I bought it at Neiman Marcus shortly after when I went to the the States.)

For users not used glycolic acid you would have to build up a tolerance for it. I didn't find it burned or stung at all. I use Kate Somerville's Exfoliate every other day in the shower so my skin tolerance is pretty good. The cream is a nice consistency and the perfect amount of moisture for my combination skin type. There is no added scent so that's a bonus. If you're used to creams laden with fragrance then this wouldn't be for you. In general this is good cream for skin past 30 years old. I was hoping to see more improvement with my acne. It didn't make me break out or anything. I just have blemishes that just won't go away for the last 5 years or so. (Could be hormonal.) I found La Mer repairrd my acne scars faster and more gently. But I don't know if La Mer was also the cause of the blemishes forming so that's why I was on the search for another cream.

The price point on Revive is pretty good considering I've paid well over $400 on Sisley & Amorepacific Time Response. After 2 months of use I can safely say this is a good cream and that I do notice a difference in texture and clarity. Once I fix my acne scar issues on my cheeks I would even say this cream is excellent... but I will try to finish up the jar and go back to La Mer for a bit. I just found it healed my dark acne scars faster even though it didn't add any other real benefits.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by FromNJ23

Im basing this review simply on a sample i got from this product.

I have had a Revive moisturizing renewal cream sample on my makeup bag for a few months now. I wasn't sure where it came from, and i didn't know anything from the brand, so i never got around to using it. The other day I wanted to moisturize my face after exfoliating so I decided to use the sample that was laying around. I didn't know how much it cost and I hadn't read any reviews. The first time I used it, I noticed it was very thick and a little product went a very long way. My face felt oily tho and very strange so I thought it was a relatively cheap product from sephora or so. The next day I decided to use it again and again it felt a bit oily. I didn't like the initial feel it had but I did notice my skin was softer. I looked in the mirror a few hours later and noticed a blemish on my right cheek had vanished, and my face looked brighter. Upon closer inspection I also noticed that my one wrinkle in between my eyebrows was much less noticeable. That was very weird because that wrinkle has been clearly visible in my face since I can remember! Thats when I decided to look up the product and saw how much it cost and the great reviews it had gotten. I've used this product twice and it worked like magic. Im not sure if i will purchase it soon, but i will visit a lot of stores and ask for samples.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2013 4:37:00 PM More reviews by AngelaywHo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I was excited to try this moisturizer but it totally let me down. I was allergic to it, my cheek area got flared up so badly, I suppose it would be a really nice cream for someone who has combination or oily skin, but definitely not for sensitive skins

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 12:16:00 AM More reviews by emmaqj

I absolutely love this product. I am a product junkie, so I routinely move from product to product and have an absurd number of serums, moisturizers, treatments, etc. For years, however, I have routinely gone back to Revive. As context, I have combination skin that can both break out and be very dry (I also use many exfoliating products, including Retin-A micro). Whenever my skin is acting up, I can put this on at night and my skin looks a 100% better in the morning. It both smooths and plumps and, in my case at least, helps with any ongoing breakout. I have tried an absurd number of moisturizers, and while I also like Cerave (complete opposite price wise!), this remains my favorite. It seems to be the perfect combo of exfoliating and moisturizing. It is clearly an investment, so I wouldn't buy this without getting a sample 1st, since everyone reacts to creams differently, but for my skin this is actually worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2013 1:05:00 PM More reviews by PracticallyPerfect

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't usually write reviews on here but I really want to write about this cream as I am a complete convert. I have been looking for good night cream for ages now - have been applying retinols etc. for nearly a year to decrease fine lines and get rid of sun spots but wasn't convinced by the dryness I experienced with them. Now I have found this - and I'm not going back.
Yes, it does sting a little on application sometimes - but that is because it has active ingredients that ACTUALLY WORK! I have been using this for three months and my skin is glowy and soft, with improved texture, the fine lines around my mouth and eyes are plumped and smoothed, and I'm happy not to wear make-up everyday.
I came to this cream via their counter in Liberty's London - the staff there are really helpful and stopped me buying the much more expensive Intensive version that I had read about (the other cream was also twice as expensive so good on them!). They said I was too young for that version of the cream and to use this one first or I would have "nowhere to go" as I got older. How right they were! It is amazing! And you only need the tiniest amount - the advisor said the jar should last me nearly a year - so if you add up 3x30 of my usual night cream, I'm actually making a saving so don't be put off by the price - ask for a sample!
NB: The slight exfoliating action mean that if you wear this cream during the day it pills a little so keep it for a night cream and apply your normal SPF during the day. :) x

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2012 5:55:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

I'm a true skincare junkie in every sense of the word. I was introduced to this line by a blogger who skin looks great with or without make-up. The first night of application I used only a pea size amount of product. Its very important to keep this away from the eye area since upon application there is a slight sting. But its nothing unbearable. About 15 mintutes of application I noticed my skin was just glowing.....literally. I had a nice glow that wasn't greasy looking. It was that glow you only wish of having with liquid foundation. The next morning I noticed my skin looked a tad clearer. And two blackheads that I had were actually purged out....enough for me to just take a warm baby face cloth and extract with no difficulty at all. I only had ONE single small white head zit and I think it was just my skin purging. Another nice feature to add is that when I applied the cream my skin didn't feel tight. With the dry,cold weather my other moisturizer just wasn't doing its job and my skin was soaking it up and my skin would feel super tight shortly afterwards. There isn't anything I would change about this moisturizer. I must warn you that this stuff is quite pricey so if you are willing to spend money for some hardcore results and money is no object...go for it.