August 1, 2014 | 1801 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Estee Lauder - Face Primer Plus

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2011 10:48:00 AM More reviews by Cokioki

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Smoothing matte base

Well, this is so-so. It does nothing to control my oilies but I have never, ever found a primer that does control oil sadly. I give it a three because it hasn't made things worse, nice packaging, leaves skin smooth and it conceals pores slightly. I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2011 5:39:00 PM More reviews by jod84

i really like this product it goes on smooth and i do feel that it controls oil and keeps my makeup on for longer however i found this made my foundatison a littler harder to blend that means more time spent on getting ready so im not sure if i would buy again

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2010 7:14:00 PM More reviews by manda19

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the color correcting base - my first purchase from Estee Lauder. I stuck with this primer for about 4 weeks, but I just absolutely hate it. It's a musturd-y colour that is just so slimy and slippery that my make up completely slides off, my face gets extremely oily and my fingers are left all slimy from applying the makeup. Really, really disappointed and for such a high price for this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2010 5:33:00 PM More reviews by Bindi7

This review is for the smoothing matte base. Great primer for my oily skin - goes on smooth and a lovely base for foundation. I can notice the difference when i don't wear this - i am shiny in a couple of hours but this controls shine until at least midday. If you have oily/combination skin then give this a go - it really helps control shine and helps make up last all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2009 2:28:00 PM More reviews by Lazee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

There are 3 types of these face primer plus: Illuminating base, smoothing matte base and color correcting base. Im wiriting this review for the Illuminating base. It's an oil-free white sheer liquid luminiser. You can wear it under foundtion or on its own over moisturizer. I only use it for nights out under my double wear as I just cant afford to use it daily :( When applied, it doesnt dry on the skin like other primers I have tried, instead it sort of sits on the skin. Its slippery to touch but doesnt make my face look greasy. This 'slip' allows me to apply the double wear in MANY layers for fuller coverage without it looking cakey. When you try and do this on its own it creates problems. It evens the skin tone and makes any blemishes on my face look 'less' noticeable.. I really like it and will def buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/8/2008 7:45:00 AM More reviews by lexley0602

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use Chanel Pro Lumiere (primer) and just wanted to test other products on the market. Was kindly given a sample of this product by the EL sales rep and was eager to try this out. WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2007 12:54:00 PM More reviews by paigupaigu

Interesting; I LOVE this stuff! It is a white lotion that seems to contain small light-reflecting particles, and I have found some significant "chunks" in the lotion (like salt grain-sized). I wear this primer over sunscreen and am pleased that it retains a matte finish. It does not cause my combination skin to feel oiler and absorbs quite well. In fact, I would recommend just using this by itself to achieve a soft-looking finish; other people have commented that my skin looks very smooth and even-toned. I do not wear foundation so I cannot comment about this being a good or bad makeup base.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2007 6:40:00 PM More reviews by KarenCG

What the heck is this?????? It is CRAP -- don't bother buying it. It is supposed to be an illuminating foundation primer (the illuminating being the "plus", I assume). It is a white liquid, and when I apply it to my face, there are little particles of something I feel that I keep rubbing my face to get them off. It is NOT a good base -- doesn't help foundation go on better or last longer. The "illuminating" part is just about like their older product, Spotlight, which I like better.