Dermalogica AGE Smart Dynamic Skin Recovery SPF 30

Not tested on animals

Avobenzone (3.0%), Octinoxate (7.5%), Octisalate (5.0%), Oxybenzone (5.0%), Water (Aqua), Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Butylene Glycol, Arachidyl Alcohol, Behenyl Alcohol, Arginine/Lysine Polypeptide, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5, Glucosamine HCI, Saccharomyces Cerevisiae Extract, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract), Colloidal Oatmeal, Allantoin, Algae Extract, Squalane, Arachidyl Glucoside, Urea, Chrysanthemum Parthenium (Feverfew) Extract, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Polyacrylamid, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phospate, Glycerin, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Polysorbate 60, Nylon-02, Disodium EDTA, Benzyl PCA, Phenoxyethanol, Citral, Citronellol, Eugenol, Farnesol, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Isoeugenol, Limomene, Linalool, Acrus Calamus, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Eugenia Caryphyllus (Clove) Flower Oil, Helianthus Annus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Pelargonium, Graveolens Flower Oil, Rose Flower Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel/Oil Extract, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Who can even get past the old lady perfume scent. It does not leave a white cast on the skin but I'm trashing this. Stinks.

on 5/12/2015 10:28:00 PM

LOVE this product. I have super fair skin and fry in the of sun. I live in Australia where the UV is very high, so I'm very conscious of protecting myself from skin cancer.

I am incredibly sensitive to smells in products, especially ones that go anywhere near my nose, so I used to avoid products with SPF because it would make me physically ill. I bought the SPF 50 version of this because the sample I received with another purchase didn't have a strong smell. I don't regret it! I can put this everywhere on my face, neck etc and it doesn't bother me. It doesn't feel awful like a lot of sunscreens, and I can happily wear makeup over it with no issues. I love that it also moisturizes and defends against signs of aging. I don't find it oily and its never caused a breakout or redness.

I find that its quite easy to get too much out of the bottle, so be careful of wastage. Its also quite pricey, at $85AUD in store. I got it for $70 off ebay. I don't know how long it will last as I use it all the time! I would consider it worth the money if you are looking for a moisturiser with SPF (both UVA and UVB protection) and are sensitive to smells or have sensitive skin.

I will not leave the house without putting this on! Highly recommend!

on 3/17/2015 8:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

MY SKIN: 27 years old, Dehydrated most times (but DRY in winter, sometimes Oily in summer), Sensitive to a lot of products, Asian (but with a tanned/olive complexion), Australian climate.

It feels great on my skin, doesn't have a harsh "zinc-y" smell and doesn't clog my pores. It also hydrates my skin and doesn't have an ugly white finish on my olive skin. The updated version is actually SPF50, which is what I am using.

The price is pretty steep for an SPF and only protects you from UVA and not UVB. I won't be repurchasing because I believe that there is better out there and I don't feel I'm getting the protection I need.

on 12/8/2014 1:58:00 AM

I love this sunscreen. For me it's a sunscreen, moisturiser and collagen booster all in one. I have combination skin that can't handle anything too thick or rich so this is perfect for me. I don't need to use a moisturiser in addition to the sunscreen. I am 53 years old and for me it's the only sunscreen that feels really light, makes my skin soft and helps prevent it aging. Everyone is so different in what their skin can handle, and the smell of a product is an individual preference but I love the smell of it on me. I have pretty sensitive touchy skin and it's been fine for me. It's really expensive here (NZ) so a couple of times I have tried other products but I keep coming back to this after other sunscreens made my skin break out or go super oily. I buy the salon size bottle of the Dynamic skin recovery spf30 which is a squeezy bottle which I prefer rather than a pump bottle. Since it's so expensive I would recommend asking for a sample or buying a sample kit to see whether this is for you.

on 3/9/2014 7:12:00 AM

Stinging and burning feeling after application which is not comfortable at all. After each application burning sensation in my eyes which does not go away for the rest of the day, and I do not wear it close to my eyes. My skin looks dehydrated after application, and I have a craquelé look all day long. Happy I tried and tested with samples first! Needless to say I do not like this product.

on 2/23/2013 9:26:00 PM

If I had to choose one word for this product it would be DISAPPOINTING. And on so many levels. I was first introduced to the Dermalogica line after getting a facial recently and it was suggested that I check out the products (of course it was). I'm 30 years old and have been genetically blessed with really great skin. My whole life I have been using Oil of Olay but wanted to snap into something a bit more sophisticated. I purchased this item at the recommendation of the facial lady, and it wreaks of sunscreen. I mean, I don't mind the smell in July, but at the office in mid-winter it seems a little misplaced. A bigger complain is the product leaves my skin feeling so tight and dry that I have to put extra on, which then leaves my skin really greasy (a problem that I don't usually have). I read a previous post from someone that was raving about how cost-effective this product is because you only need 2-3 pumps. I find that to be unbelievable as I need at least 6-7 to have my face feeling as it used to when I used a quarter sized amount of Oil of Olay.
Overall takeaway, what a let down. Should have stuck with the moisturizer my mother and grandmother have been using for generations.
In this case, if it ain't broke - don't fix it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great sunscreen. Doesn't clog pores like other sunscreens have done to me in the past but is moisturizing enough to relieve any tightness after cleansing. Does leave a bit of sheen on the face but goes away instantly after putting powder over. Love it. My HG sunscreen for face.

on 10/26/2011 8:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have very temperamental skin - hormonal acne, large pores, sensitive, dry patches, etc. Finding a lotion that didn't clog my pores or sting my face was a challenge. Dermalogica Age Smart with SPF 30 has answered all of my prayers - anti-aging, non-comedongenic, non-irritating, and moisturizing. It is very expensive, but you only need a small amount (literally 2-3 pumps) and I've found NOTHING even close to this product. It's my HG and I will continue to pay a bit more for a product that actually works - instead of constantly adding to my graveyard of $15-$20 face lotions that irritate my skin! The only thing I don't like about the packaging is that you cannot really gauge how much product is left.

on 10/26/2011 4:56:00 AM

I like this product and been using it for a month. I can see that my skin is brighter, hydrate and plumper, but I'm not sure if it works for reducing wrinkles (as i dun have any wrinkle at the moment). I bought for a prevention, also its convenience for daily use. Its enough moisturizing for me coz i have combination skin, some more it has sun screen so it's saving my time in the morning.
But, its pretty pricey for 50ml product, it costs $110 Australian dollar. So I'm not sure to repurchase this product, hopefully I can find something with cheaper price but as good as.

on 12/30/2010 10:25:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I do not have much to say about this except that I did not like it. Mostly for only one reason - the smell. It has a horrible scent that I suspect is because of the yeast that another reviewer mentioned. And it was not a scent that when it dried it was gone - this lingers. I was really self conscious that I smelled bad because it just smells horrible on my hands when I am applying it. As far as how it worked. I did not notice it doing anything special. It did seem to moisturize, but not enough to justify using it when I hate the smell.

Top Rated Dermalogica Products