October 23, 2014 | 831 users online

Sunscreen - Dermalogica - AGE Smart Dynamic Skin Recovery SPF 30

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2014 7:12:00 AM More reviews by Miek

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Stinging and burning feeling after application which is not comfortable at all. After each application burning sensation in my eyes which does not go away for the rest of the day, and I do not wear it close to my eyes. My skin looks dehydrated after application, and I have a craquelé look all day long. Happy I tried and tested with samples first! Needless to say I do not like this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2013 9:26:00 PM More reviews by carlyb123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

If I had to choose one word for this product it would be DISAPPOINTING. And on so many levels. I was first introduced to the Dermalogica line after getting a facial recently and it was suggested that I check out the products (of course it was). I'm 30 years old and have been genetically blessed with really great skin. My whole life I have been using Oil of Olay but wanted to snap into something a bit more sophisticated. I purchased this item at the recommendation of the facial lady, and it wreaks of sunscreen. I mean, I don't mind the smell in July, but at the office in mid-winter it seems a little misplaced. A bigger complain is the product leaves my skin feeling so tight and dry that I have to put extra on, which then leaves my skin really greasy (a problem that I don't usually have). I read a previous post from someone that was raving about how cost-effective this product is because you only need 2-3 pumps. I find that to be unbelievable as I need at least 6-7 to have my face feeling as it used to when I used a quarter sized amount of Oil of Olay.
Overall takeaway, what a let down. Should have stuck with the moisturizer my mother and grandmother have been using for generations.
In this case, if it ain't broke - don't fix it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2012 12:14:00 AM More reviews by RedLipsCatEyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great sunscreen. Doesn't clog pores like other sunscreens have done to me in the past but is moisturizing enough to relieve any tightness after cleansing. Does leave a bit of sheen on the face but goes away instantly after putting powder over. Love it. My HG sunscreen for face.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2011 8:37:00 AM More reviews by Robin1980

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have very temperamental skin - hormonal acne, large pores, sensitive, dry patches, etc. Finding a lotion that didn't clog my pores or sting my face was a challenge. Dermalogica Age Smart with SPF 30 has answered all of my prayers - anti-aging, non-comedongenic, non-irritating, and moisturizing. It is very expensive, but you only need a small amount (literally 2-3 pumps) and I've found NOTHING even close to this product. It's my HG and I will continue to pay a bit more for a product that actually works - instead of constantly adding to my graveyard of $15-$20 face lotions that irritate my skin! The only thing I don't like about the packaging is that you cannot really gauge how much product is left.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2011 4:56:00 AM More reviews by wiwid1103

I like this product and been using it for a month. I can see that my skin is brighter, hydrate and plumper, but I'm not sure if it works for reducing wrinkles (as i dun have any wrinkle at the moment). I bought for a prevention, also its convenience for daily use. Its enough moisturizing for me coz i have combination skin, some more it has sun screen so it's saving my time in the morning.
But, its pretty pricey for 50ml product, it costs $110 Australian dollar. So I'm not sure to repurchase this product, hopefully I can find something with cheaper price but as good as.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2010 10:25:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I do not have much to say about this except that I did not like it. Mostly for only one reason - the smell. It has a horrible scent that I suspect is because of the yeast that another reviewer mentioned. And it was not a scent that when it dried it was gone - this lingers. I was really self conscious that I smelled bad because it just smells horrible on my hands when I am applying it. As far as how it worked. I did not notice it doing anything special. It did seem to moisturize, but not enough to justify using it when I hate the smell.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2009 2:16:00 AM More reviews by vanbergc

The ingredients in this lotion are a continuation of the AgeSmart hydrating toner. Peptides, fermented yeast (is that redundant?), evening primrose oil, hyaluronic acid, soy protien, white tea extract, colloidal oatmeal, algea extract, etc, etc... A+ ingredients in anybody's book. This may even be the finest moisterizer I've ever seen. I don't, however, know anything about the quality of the sunscreen...I've never studied sunscreen. I'm assuming since the rest of the potion is first class, the sunscreen is too.

It took me a while to really love this lotion. I went through a whole travel-sized bottle before I realized how much I liked it. It feels wonderful on the skin...with a finish like it has silicones in it...but it has NONE! What a novel concept these days. It has a soft, matte finish that protects and nourishes the skin all day. I don't need the extra barrier, but I assume if your skin is dry, you can layer this over a more occlusive moisterizer. I too, am always leary of chemical sunscreens on my face, but there's been no negative reactions whatsoever.

This is just a fine, fine daytime moisturizer/sunscreen, although the price is oppresive for such a small amount. Sigh...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2009 7:51:00 AM More reviews by khadijanile

wow im a brown girl and never thought i had to wear sunscreen untill i started getting freckles and hyper pigmentation!!!!! my beauty therapist told me i was crazy not to be using a sunscreen as my pigmentation would worsen.

i took her advice and purchased this and never looked back. i am on my second load and it lasted a very long time! i wear it EVERYday, not instead of a moisturiser but on top of. if you have oily skin not recommended. i cant give it 100pct praise for my diminishing hyperpigmentation as i am using pther products HOWEVER it prevents them from getting darker and so the efforts of exfoliations and facials pay off!

dont be fooled to think you dont need an SPF because you are a chocolate bunny :o) to this product i say yes yes yes

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2009 6:08:00 AM More reviews by Nemea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This sunscreen moisturizer is far from rich enough for my dry and thirsty skin, not even in summer. It sinks right in and disappears, and leaves my skin tight and uncomfortable. Also, I'm not a fan of the penetrating smell that lingers long after the cream has penetrated. In addition, I think Dermalogica could have added more potent UVA-protection to this cream; spf30 is OK, but the UVA-protection is too low. I have read that the new Pure Light moisturizer (from the ChromaWhite TrX line) has physical filters, but I guess that will also provide too little moisture for my parched skin. The filters provided in the DSR are: Avobenzone (3.0%), Octinoxate (7.5%), Octisalate (5.0%), Oxybenzone (5.0%).

Back to the search for the HG moisturizer with sunscreen, which should be (1) moisturizing enough for really dry skin and (2) provide sufficient UVA-protection, possibly in the form of either Mexoryl XL, tinosorbs and/or zinc oxide. Why does that seem more difficult to find than finding a unicorn?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2009 11:37:00 PM More reviews by margaretshelton

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm a fan of this product, and it's very moisturizing as well as being an excellent sunscreen. It sinks in quickly and didn't break me out at all. It's also a good base for my foundation. In winter, I use a thicker, heavier moisturizer with SPF 30, but it's too thick for summer. I'm happy to have found an SPF 30 sunscreen that's a good option for the sticky humidity and sunlight of our climate.