Dermalogica AGE Smart Dynamic Skin Recovery SPF 30

3.5

Not tested on animals

Avobenzone (3.0%), Octinoxate (7.5%), Octisalate (5.0%), Oxybenzone (5.0%), Water (Aqua), Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Butylene Glycol, Arachidyl Alcohol, Behenyl Alcohol, Arginine/Lysine Polypeptide, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5, Glucosamine HCI, Saccharomyces Cerevisiae Extract, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract), Colloidal Oatmeal, Allantoin, Algae Extract, Squalane, Arachidyl Glucoside, Urea, Chrysanthemum Parthenium (Feverfew) Extract, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Polyacrylamid, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phospate, Glycerin, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Polysorbate 60, Nylon-02, Disodium EDTA, Benzyl PCA, Phenoxyethanol, Citral, Citronellol, Eugenol, Farnesol, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Isoeugenol, Limomene, Linalool, Acrus Calamus, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Eugenia Caryphyllus (Clove) Flower Oil, Helianthus Annus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Pelargonium, Graveolens Flower Oil, Rose Flower Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel/Oil Extract, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 3/17/2015 8:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

PROs:
I LOVE this product!!! It feels great on my skin, doesn't have a harsh "zinc-y" smell and doesn't clog my pores. It also hydrates my skin and doesn't have an ugly white finish on my olive skin. The updated version is actually SPF50, which is what I am using.

CONs:
The price is pretty steep for an SPF and only protects you from UVA and not UVB.

on 12/8/2014 1:58:00 AM

I love this sunscreen. For me it's a sunscreen, moisturiser and collagen booster all in one. I have combination skin that can't handle anything too thick or rich so this is perfect for me. I don't need to use a moisturiser in addition to the sunscreen. I am 53 years old and for me it's the only sunscreen that feels really light, makes my skin soft and helps prevent it aging. Everyone is so different in what their skin can handle, and the smell of a product is an individual preference but I love the smell of it on me. I have pretty sensitive touchy skin and it's been fine for me. It's really expensive here (NZ) so a couple of times I have tried other products but I keep coming back to this after other sunscreens made my skin break out or go super oily. I buy the salon size bottle of the Dynamic skin recovery spf30 which is a squeezy bottle which I prefer rather than a pump bottle. Since it's so expensive I would recommend asking for a sample or buying a sample kit to see whether this is for you.

on 3/9/2014 7:12:00 AM

Stinging and burning feeling after application which is not comfortable at all. After each application burning sensation in my eyes which does not go away for the rest of the day, and I do not wear it close to my eyes. My skin looks dehydrated after application, and I have a craquelé look all day long. Happy I tried and tested with samples first! Needless to say I do not like this product.

on 2/23/2013 9:26:00 PM

If I had to choose one word for this product it would be DISAPPOINTING. And on so many levels. I was first introduced to the Dermalogica line after getting a facial recently and it was suggested that I check out the products (of course it was). I'm 30 years old and have been genetically blessed with really great skin. My whole life I have been using Oil of Olay but wanted to snap into something a bit more sophisticated. I purchased this item at the recommendation of the facial lady, and it wreaks of sunscreen. I mean, I don't mind the smell in July, but at the office in mid-winter it seems a little misplaced. A bigger complain is the product leaves my skin feeling so tight and dry that I have to put extra on, which then leaves my skin really greasy (a problem that I don't usually have). I read a previous post from someone that was raving about how cost-effective this product is because you only need 2-3 pumps. I find that to be unbelievable as I need at least 6-7 to have my face feeling as it used to when I used a quarter sized amount of Oil of Olay.
Overall takeaway, what a let down. Should have stuck with the moisturizer my mother and grandmother have been using for generations.
In this case, if it ain't broke - don't fix it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great sunscreen. Doesn't clog pores like other sunscreens have done to me in the past but is moisturizing enough to relieve any tightness after cleansing. Does leave a bit of sheen on the face but goes away instantly after putting powder over. Love it. My HG sunscreen for face.

on 10/26/2011 8:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have very temperamental skin - hormonal acne, large pores, sensitive, dry patches, etc. Finding a lotion that didn't clog my pores or sting my face was a challenge. Dermalogica Age Smart with SPF 30 has answered all of my prayers - anti-aging, non-comedongenic, non-irritating, and moisturizing. It is very expensive, but you only need a small amount (literally 2-3 pumps) and I've found NOTHING even close to this product. It's my HG and I will continue to pay a bit more for a product that actually works - instead of constantly adding to my graveyard of $15-$20 face lotions that irritate my skin! The only thing I don't like about the packaging is that you cannot really gauge how much product is left.

on 10/26/2011 4:56:00 AM

I like this product and been using it for a month. I can see that my skin is brighter, hydrate and plumper, but I'm not sure if it works for reducing wrinkles (as i dun have any wrinkle at the moment). I bought for a prevention, also its convenience for daily use. Its enough moisturizing for me coz i have combination skin, some more it has sun screen so it's saving my time in the morning.
But, its pretty pricey for 50ml product, it costs $110 Australian dollar. So I'm not sure to repurchase this product, hopefully I can find something with cheaper price but as good as.

on 12/30/2010 10:25:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I do not have much to say about this except that I did not like it. Mostly for only one reason - the smell. It has a horrible scent that I suspect is because of the yeast that another reviewer mentioned. And it was not a scent that when it dried it was gone - this lingers. I was really self conscious that I smelled bad because it just smells horrible on my hands when I am applying it. As far as how it worked. I did not notice it doing anything special. It did seem to moisturize, but not enough to justify using it when I hate the smell.

on 12/4/2009 2:16:00 AM

The ingredients in this lotion are a continuation of the AgeSmart hydrating toner. Peptides, fermented yeast (is that redundant?), evening primrose oil, hyaluronic acid, soy protien, white tea extract, colloidal oatmeal, algea extract, etc, etc... A+ ingredients in anybody's book. This may even be the finest moisterizer I've ever seen. I don't, however, know anything about the quality of the sunscreen...I've never studied sunscreen. I'm assuming since the rest of the potion is first class, the sunscreen is too.

It took me a while to really love this lotion. I went through a whole travel-sized bottle before I realized how much I liked it. It feels wonderful on the skin...with a finish like it has silicones in it...but it has NONE! What a novel concept these days. It has a soft, matte finish that protects and nourishes the skin all day. I don't need the extra barrier, but I assume if your skin is dry, you can layer this over a more occlusive moisterizer. I too, am always leary of chemical sunscreens on my face, but there's been no negative reactions whatsoever.

This is just a fine, fine daytime moisturizer/sunscreen, although the price is oppresive for such a small amount. Sigh...

on 10/27/2009 7:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

wow im a brown girl and never thought i had to wear sunscreen untill i started getting freckles and hyper pigmentation!!!!! my beauty therapist told me i was crazy not to be using a sunscreen as my pigmentation would worsen.

i took her advice and purchased this and never looked back. i am on my second load and it lasted a very long time! i wear it EVERYday, not instead of a moisturiser but on top of. if you have oily skin not recommended. i cant give it 100pct praise for my diminishing hyperpigmentation as i am using pther products HOWEVER it prevents them from getting darker and so the efforts of exfoliations and facials pay off!

dont be fooled to think you dont need an SPF because you are a chocolate bunny :o) to this product i say yes yes yes

Top Rated Dermalogica Products