April 21, 2014 | 1506 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Soap and Glory - Slim Wear

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2013 5:52:00 AM More reviews by Dolly444

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this in a 3 for 2 deal at Boots some months ago. I was going on holiday soon after and thought this product would work wonders for my bum and thighs in prep for bikini body in the sun!

I'll be honest, I wasn't so impressed at first. The product claims to reduce the appearance of cellulite (which was something I was really keen on!) as well as firming up soft areas. The firming thing wasn't so much of an issue for me as I was more focused on making my cellulite less visible.

I think the product worked the other way around though. I think it did firm up my bum/things a little. It did reduce the appearance of cellulite but only minimally. I'm not expecting a miracle cure and for £10, I probably should have been more sceptical as to what it could do, but I think I was happy with the firmness of my bum at the time. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2012 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Rebeccaxx24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a really good product for the price, its definitely made my bum and thighs smoother and they feel more firm and toned..only thing I haven't noticed yet is a difference in my cellulite but even if this doesn't make a difference to that I would buy this again because I am more concerned with the firmness of my problem areas.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2012 7:38:00 PM More reviews by alizo

After going on birth control, I noticed a significant amount of water retention in my lower stomach, bum, thighs and under my chin. All the water retention on my belly and rear looked gross! It was bumpy and very very cellutitealiscious :( To cure these icky bumps, searched endlessly for a good cellulite reducing cream. I think I've found it!!!!!! This cream works very quickly to flush out all the water stocked up in your problem areas, and makes your skin lovely and silky smooth. I saw full results after three days! My cellulite and puffyness were almost gone! Unfortunately, like all cellulite creams, this is not a permanent fix.I noticed that after about two days of not using it, my problem areas had returned to their original state :/ Oh well. I guess my only hope is to keep off the birth control. All in all a great product!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2011 3:03:00 PM More reviews by JamaicanWhitie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just bought this yesterday, so I cant say that much about it yet so I will update it in a months time, however I used it last night and this morning, and when I woke up this morning I could already see a faint difference in the lines on my thighs. I have always struggled with little lines of cellulite for as long as I can remember, but I am not overweight by any means. Infact I have been underweight for most of my life, but thats my normal weight, anyways, I could see a little change. Not much, but hey its only been a day. After reading the reviews I just had to try this out for myself.
I got it from Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada, and it was like $13.
Very good price considering the higher end lotions start at $60 and go up.
And yet I think it still delivers very good results. I have used the expensive brands myself, and I have to say that they do work a little bit, but I have never seen a difference in the first day of use. So I will continue using this day and night like it says on the back, and see where it goes from there.
On the back it states that of course people who incorporate a healthy diet and exercise will see more dramatic results. So I highly recommend you do that, because you wont just see dramatic results while just sitting around waiting for it to work magic, thats unrealistic.
I really do recommend this, and good luck!
will update in a months time on my progress!! :)

UPDATE:
Okayyy.. so its been a couple weeks since I first started using this lotion. And i am very surprised by the results! I honestly believed that it wouldnt do any more good than what had happend. I am in shock. I have a tip for those who dont know, but it helps to exfoliate your thighs with used coffee grounds really hard for a few minutes in the shower; and leave it on for 10 minutes. Then after the shower apply this all over your thighs. In the morning you are left with nice smooth and firm legs. I cant believe how great my legs look since I first started. I was so scared to start to wear shorts again because summer time is approaching fast, and I found my solution! My lines are gone! I have like 3 little lines leftover on one leg, but they are slowly fading, and will hopefully leave before my vacation in a week! :) I definitely recommend to anyone who wants to get rid of their stubborn cellulite!
UPDATE:*********
Okayyy so I kinda ran out of this lotion, and the little lines came back on my thighs :( So I will have to go out and buy another one to prevent them from coming back. So dont stop using this, or else the lines will come back after they have disappeared. But it is still a miracle product for me :)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2010 11:57:00 AM More reviews by fraidycat3

I have bought and tried at least 10 different cellulite creams over the last 10 years. Most of them were the expensive ones: Clarins, Shieseido, Laszlo, Ogilio.dx, Decelor, Dior, Nivea and Avon just to name a few. Price was no object in this area, I needed something that *worked*. Well, I'm here to say that using this product along with an herbal supplement called "Leg Veins" by by Nature's Way (see "vitacost" online for that) I have managed to slim my legs down at least by a third and really make a **big** difference on my cellulite. One of the biggest factors for me, it turns out, is water retention in this area specifically. By improving circulation from the inside out as well as this smoothing de-puffing gel, I feel like a new woman! It's inexpensive, so there is no reason not to give it a go. It may not be perfect, but it's the closest thing I've found so far. Thank god I can stop paying upwards of $75 for a cellulite cream!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2010 10:27:00 PM More reviews by Popcornshrimp

I really like this stuff. I've tried most of all the cellulite firming drug store lotions out there and this is by far the best. However, I've noticed it actually makes growth stretch marks which are pretty old (since I'm 25) appear much lighter and less noticeable which is so awesome since I didn't buy it for that reason. As for the firming, I know you can't buy a miracle in a bottle--but a girl can sure hope!! Compared to others that are under 20 bucks, this does work the best. I like how it's not greasy like a lot of others and smells minty. However, the price is a bit much since I would prefer to slather tons on since it does work pretty well. I will repurchase, even though I wish you could buy gallons of this stuff cheaper haha.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2010 11:55:00 PM More reviews by jly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've waited a week to write a review for this product and let me tell you...the wait was tough! From the second day onward, I felt results happening. The skin on my bum was dramatically firmer. And from the third day, I could see the space between my thighs get wider..which meant that my legs got thinner. Only a tad thinner...but enough for me to notice it. Which is a lot to say for a product that only costs $12.99 CAN. The best part though, is that it made my skin super silky. I even began using it on my arms, mid section, face and neck. Results? My face is definitely less bloated. I don't know about the rest of the parts..it's hard to tell :s

The scent is minty, consistency is thin, and it dries nicely on my skin. For 12.99. I say why not try it? I am definitely going to buy another bottle...and another and another :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2010 1:57:00 AM More reviews by lesleighhhh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this! I'm not sure if I really notice a difference on my legs but it makes my chest suuuuuuper smooth and firm. The coloring is unnecessary but it smells good and feels good. I don't really get the tingly feeling from the mint but it rubs in nicely and quick. I have huge annoying pores on my chest so when I put bronzer on it, it gets in the pores and it makes me look like someone poked me all over with a brown sharpie, but if I use this lotion first, the bronzer blends amazingly and fills all the little holes :]]

Buy this!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2010 11:21:00 AM More reviews by zachchrismom76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Wow- I have had 6 kids, and while my stomach could be worse after that, lol, it is far from perfect. Last year I bought a $99 tube of anti-cellulite/firming cream, and this 12.99 potion has shown me better results after just 2 weeks of use! Like others have said, it will not "cure" you of cellulite, but it is great as a firming cream, and has actually helped with my stretch marks a bit as an added bonus. I will def. be keeping this on hand, really glad I picked it up! Love the kitschy packaging this company has as well...

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2009 6:18:00 PM More reviews by JennAllyson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I think this is a great product. I was really skeptical of any "cellulite creams." I just thought they were a lot of hype and not a lot of results, but I was really wanting something to help with the cellulite on my thighs. I used it every evening after my shower. It's a yucky turquoise green color, and it has kind of a warm, tingling feeling after it's applied so I recommend putting in on before bed. It obviously doesn't make your cellulite disappear, but it improves the texture of your skin so that you don't see the bumpiness of cellulite under the skin. It made my skin feel more firm. Even my husband noticed the difference after just several uses.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No