July 26, 2014 | 1400 users online

Palettes - Wet 'n' Wild - Ultimate Expressions Eyeshadow Palette - Glamorous Gems

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2007 4:31:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Yay! Another great eyeshadow palette from WNW. This one is definitely gears toward a smoky evening look: There are relatively neutral shadows on either side, and in the middle you get a deepish silvery grey, a medium sea green, a deep plum and a medium black. All are shimmery, and all are great quality. I got this at Rite Aid for $4.99.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2007 4:29:00 PM More reviews by lovesittxx

I don't have much else to add to what AlyHeartsYou wrote, but I will add my own two cents :)

The 3 LE palettes were pretty difficult for me to find- I went to several drugsores before I found them all at Rite Aid. This palette is really pretty in person, and like AlyHeartsYou says, pictures don't do it justice. On the left side there is a soft baby pink and a mauvey color. In the middle there is a steel gray flecked with shimmer, a gorgeous Caribbean blue, a deep plum, and a soft charcoal with silver shimmer. On the right side there is the ordinary white highlighter, but it is really pretty- a pearly, shimmery white. And there is a slightly darker pink than on the otherside.

The quality of the shadows are just like the other palettes from WnW- very blendable and smooth. I'm not sure if I will use this palette often, but it sure is pretty. I would buy it again if it weren't LE and I used it all up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2007 10:12:00 AM More reviews by AlyHeartsYou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Such a shame this palette is indeed Limited Edition. So far as of the time I'm writing this review, the palette is still kind of hard to find. They came out approximately September of '07. Right now in my area they can only be found in Longs drugstores, but have been spotted at a few other stores across the US.
The palette is made up of 8 soft eyeshadow shades. Unlike past WnW 8-shadow palettes, I don't feel like this one is made up of recycled shades from past palettes. The only ones that may indeed be repeats are the far right pair, the pale white and the pale pink. However, those are browbone highlight staples and imo they get a pass for repeating those. The middle 4 shades are a medium silver, teal, violet, and a dark silver. The far left pair are a pale lavender and a pinky taupe. Sound good to you? Yeah, I had to have it when I saw it in person. Pictures really do not do it justice. I kept eyeing the photos and thinking "well, maybe" despite the fact that people told me it would be perfect for me (cool-toned, fair brunette w/ green eyes). The colors are quite pastel, but will be more vibrant when used wet.
The eyeshadows themselves are very soft. If I had to compare the texture to another brand, it would be Stila. However, these have shimmer (you can see that by looking at them though). There is minimal fallout, which is better than older WnW palettes. They are very, very blendable.
Overall I would definitely repurchase this if say, I accidentally shattered it, or found myself otherwise without it for some reason...except that it's LE. So I guess what I'm saying is, I would miss it! So you all need it. ;) continued >>