October 1, 2014 | 1757 users online

Lip Treatments - Christian Dior - lip maximizer

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2014 12:07:00 AM More reviews by pattida1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It works! Use it as a base or top coat and also use it alone. Love the tingle!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2014 9:13:00 PM More reviews by beecky

Will this give you instant angelina jolie lips, or perform any sort of plumping miracle for very thin lips ? No. However, it is VERY conditioning and is a gorgeous pale nude-y, pink color. It gives the illusion of fuller lips somewhat, with the slight bit of tingle and shine it provides. But that should not be why you buy this product, because if you're looking for that extreme plumping and volumizing effect, you will be sorely disappointed. I am a lip balm ADDICT and am constantly losing my lip balm, so one day in desperation I applied this, hoping it would offer some relief. It was amazing ! This stuff is so conditioning and comfortable with no intense burning of usual lip plumpers. It has a very cooling-type effect. Smooth texture, not sticky like traditional "lip glosses", and does not burn as most plumpers do. It's like a balm-gloss hybrid, that offers a bit of a plumping effect. I put this over top of regular lip balm to have my lips deeply conditioned for when they are super dry. The fact that it looks great and is a lovely color is just a bonus for what this can do for your lips ! Extremely pricey, yes. Which is really the only downfall of this product. But it is Dior after all ;) Definite repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/10/2014 2:06:00 PM More reviews by Alexandra0330

For me, this is nothing more than a clear lipgloss.

Pros:
- beautiful packaging

Cons:
- tingling sensation does nothing for my lips - no enhancing at all
- clear colour + a lipstick/lipgloss on top looks like I have on too much product
- if I use it on its own, it is just a clear gloss, nothing special
- not the most moisturising product I own

Next time I will just buy a Dior lip gloss instead!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2014 6:27:00 PM More reviews by Missclo1234

Love this! Fresh refreshing feeling on lips. Looks great on top of lipstick too! Great on top of Dior's lip glow.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2014 2:47:00 PM More reviews by dziusne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The first Dior thing I have bought and it is AMAZING!!! I have never had nothing that is so god :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2014 12:43:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

I bought this based on the great reviews as a night treatment to add moisture to my lips. At first this just mildly tingled. After 10 minutes though this was actually painful on my dry, sensitive lips and was unpleasant to wear.

I wore this every night for about 2 weeks (despite the pain) and used up about a third of the tube. There was no change in the moisturization of my lips like some other reviewers raved about so it was a waste of money. I honestly can't stand the way this hurts (I just have sensitive lips, I know that most people won't react the way I did) so I probably won't finish using this product.

Without whatever ingredient in it that causes the pain, this is a nice clear gloss, basic but pretty. However, I can think of many cosmetics lines whose glosses I prefer over Dior, do I won't be buying this again

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2014 11:16:00 AM More reviews by miszdeniise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Best primer for lipstick. I rarely use it as a gloss because you won't get the effect's since it won't touch your lips, just your lipstick. Plus it isn't the best as a lipgloss. People using it as a gloss are using it wrong. Put it on your lips like 10 min before applying lipstick and your lips will be a bit larger and juicy. It won't make them huge but it does help a bit. Doesn't hurt or sting, just feels minty and cool. All my cracks on my dry lips disappear with this on. When lipstick is applied on top, It goes on so smooth and doesn't seep into any cracks or lines. Great as a base!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2014 7:46:00 PM More reviews by AprilShowas123

Cute packaging but does t quite so as well as you'd expect. It tingles for a bit but looks (not feels) sticky-if that makes sense. Also only comes in one shade. Victoria secret lip plumper is my secret weapon.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 4:26:00 PM More reviews by dierregi

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I absolutely love this product. I wanted a lip plumper to use at home, in evening and during the night. Therefore, the product also needed to be moisturizing. I used often HR lip plumper, which is one of my favorite products.

The advantages of Lip Maximizer are that it comes in a nicer package, with a wand that makes the application easier and more comfortable than with the fingertip.

Besides, it feels fresh on the lips, looks like it is dies some real, lasting plumping and it keep the lips moisturized for the whole night. It is definitely the perfect product for me. I already bought it twice and would buy again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2014 10:38:00 PM More reviews by ErinK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Using a sample of this.
PROS: very smooth and moisturizing. beautiful glossy but not shiny look. pleasant, subtle vanilla-mint flavor.
CONS: no tingle, no plumping, and therefore too expensive to not live up to its claim.

If you want a sophisticated clear glossy balm-type product with a great finish and a luxury label, and price is no concern, this is for you.