July 25, 2014 | 1393 users online

Lip Treatments - Christian Dior - lip maximizer

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2014 12:43:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

I bought this based on the great reviews as a night treatment to add moisture to my lips. At first this just mildly tingled. After 10 minutes though this was actually painful on my dry, sensitive lips and was unpleasant to wear.

I wore this every night for about 2 weeks (despite the pain) and used up about a third of the tube. There was no change in the moisturization of my lips like some other reviewers raved about so it was a waste of money. I honestly can't stand the way this hurts (I just have sensitive lips, I know that most people won't react the way I did) so I probably won't finish using this product.

Without whatever ingredient in it that causes the pain, this is a nice clear gloss, basic but pretty. However, I can think of many cosmetics lines whose glosses I prefer over Dior, do I won't be buying this again

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2014 11:16:00 AM More reviews by miszdeniise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Best primer for lipstick. I rarely use it as a gloss because you won't get the effect's since it won't touch your lips, just your lipstick. Plus it isn't the best as a lipgloss. People using it as a gloss are using it wrong. Put it on your lips like 10 min before applying lipstick and your lips will be a bit larger and juicy. It won't make them huge but it does help a bit. Doesn't hurt or sting, just feels minty and cool. All my cracks on my dry lips disappear with this on. When lipstick is applied on top, It goes on so smooth and doesn't seep into any cracks or lines. Great as a base!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2014 7:46:00 PM More reviews by AprilShowas123

Cute packaging but does t quite so as well as you'd expect. It tingles for a bit but looks (not feels) sticky-if that makes sense. Also only comes in one shade. Victoria secret lip plumper is my secret weapon.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 4:26:00 PM More reviews by dierregi

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I absolutely love this product. I wanted a lip plumper to use at home, in evening and during the night. Therefore, the product also needed to be moisturizing. I used often HR lip plumper, which is one of my favorite products.

The advantages of Lip Maximizer are that it comes in a nicer package, with a wand that makes the application easier and more comfortable than with the fingertip.

Besides, it feels fresh on the lips, looks like it is dies some real, lasting plumping and it keep the lips moisturized for the whole night. It is definitely the perfect product for me. I already bought it twice and would buy again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2014 10:38:00 PM More reviews by ErinK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Using a sample of this.
PROS: very smooth and moisturizing. beautiful glossy but not shiny look. pleasant, subtle vanilla-mint flavor.
CONS: no tingle, no plumping, and therefore too expensive to not live up to its claim.

If you want a sophisticated clear glossy balm-type product with a great finish and a luxury label, and price is no concern, this is for you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2014 10:49:00 AM More reviews by shi1

My HG lip gloss is Fusion Beauty's Lip Fusion (also a lip plumper). Let me first say that I do not use lip plumpers for cosmetic purposes. It just seems they are some of the most moisturizing products for lips! I have very dry lips and have long sworn off lip balms because I had to constantly reapply them and my lips were still constantly peeling. I think the plumping action of these glosses has something to do with its ability to keep the lips moisturized.

I have this in the color 001 which is a milky pink color with extremely fine shimmer in it. It applies almost clear, and the shimmer in it makes it look very shiny. The packaging is beautiful as with most Dior products. This tingles much more than the Lip Fusion (or maybe I've just grown used to the Lip Fusion one after all these years). It kind of surprised me that it tingled so much at first, but by the second application it wasn't so bad. According to other reviewers, this one doesn't burn as much as other lip plumpers. The formula is glossy, stays where you put it, has relatively good staying power (you're probably need to reapply after you eat though), and is not sticky. Overall, very pleasant to wear. Price is on the high side (37$ CAD) but, lucky me, I managed to find some for 15$ at SDM/Pharmaprix so I stocked up! While this has not knocked Lip Fusion out of my #1 HG spot, it has come a very very close second.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2014 10:25:00 AM More reviews by kellystars

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

On my second tube of this superior product. Takes care of chapping, makes my lips feel tingling and does plump and prime them for lipstick. I also use as a gloss over lipstick and a night treatment. Super quenching and LOVE the scent. Vanilla and cinnamon.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2014 11:33:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

Received this as a gift and I definitely plan on repurchasing. This outlast my MAC glosses minus the drying effects. I only wear it by itself when I just want to keep it basic for a day and it gives me lips a nice glossy finish without looking gooey.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 5:02:00 PM More reviews by tarayeo

I mainly use this as a lip treatment day and night. My main concern is the lines on my lips that cause lipstick to sink in and using this lip treatment before lipstick helps prevent that. It also makes my lipstick last longer. I sometimes also use this as a gloss on top of lipstick where it also helps prolong the wear of my lipstick and add a nice juicy glossy look. In addition, I love this maximizer as it is the ONLY lip treatment I can apply at night and wake up with moisturized/ un-chapped lips! Tried loads of different lip balms like burts bees, YSL, etc. but they all don't work. Even though this is marketed as a lip maximizer, I think I use it almost like a lip balm since it is so moisturizing and I don't really care amount the plumping effects as much. I do feel that this is expensive given the amount of product. The scent is really nice and the tingling sensation is quite pleasant as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2014 1:52:00 PM More reviews by kellyfiveone

I don't really write reviews for products but I had to say something about this one. This stuff is so expensive but it's worth every penny. When I first tried it I was like "Okay... it tingles a bit and makes my lips glossy... could have bought any other lip gloss" and I kinda ignored it and was peeved that I spent my gift card on something that I probably wasn't going to use often. However, I recently picked it back up and started putting it on everyday and I SWEAR this product is making my lips look way better. I wouldn't say they look bigger, but it just makes your lips look BETTER. Not sure if anyone else will notice, but I do.

I was reading other reviews on here and someone said that this makes your lips ready for lipstick and I totally agree! I haven't tried it as a nighttime lip treatment yet, but that would be a great idea considering the benefits it gives during the day. As a plus, this makes your lips look pretty while it's on - glossy, not sticky, and it's a perfect shade of pink.

I'm in love! I seriously don't have anything bad to say about this product =D