October 23, 2014 | 1138 users online

Lip Gloss - Smashbox - Lip Enhancing gloss in Pop

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 3:23:00 PM More reviews by auraborialis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my new favorite lip gloss. It is a very feminine, milky baby pink that is so flattering because it's a perfect balance of sheer and opaque. It also pulls just slightly more peach than other baby pinks so if you have naturally purply-pigmented lips like I do, it will help neutralize some of the blue tones and look healthy pink instead of that "dead" look.
Pop looks fabulous by itself, but for a more pinker effect, I brush Prism (Smashbox softlights) on first and layer Pop on top. The effect is gorgeous and super glossy.

The only bad thing about this product is that it is more than I want to pay for a lipgloss. However, since Smashbox is cruelty free and always has been, and this is a nice, high end product, I will continue to support the brand. I have tried sooooo many other pink glosses for something that would be compatible with my natural color and I have finally found The One.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2012 8:02:00 PM More reviews by rosieposiex

I bought this at Sephora after missing out on the Buxom Big & Healthy Lip Cream in White Russian. One of the really nice sales associates searched for a dupe for me and Pop was the closest match we came across. I really love the color, and the sheerness because I only like a hint of color on my lips,but it is pretty sheer. It isn't sticky, and makes my lips feel really moisturized while wearing and even after it's gone. The only thing I don't like is how long it lasts. You might have to reapply a few times a day.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2012 5:24:00 PM More reviews by minimad

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

If "Pop" were opaque I would probably repurchase it. However, it is so sheer that finding a d/s dupe isn't going to be difficult. When I purchase HE makeup I want something unique that I simply can't find in another product (a special color, an enhancement or long wear time). Pop is a nice enough gloss, but I don't find it to be that special. It's kind of sticky, the brush hairs don't stay uniform during application and b/c of the brush I need a mirror to ensure proper application. It did last through lunch, but an hour or so later (two hours total) it was completely gone. The hunt for my lipgloss HG continues.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2011 5:05:00 PM More reviews by RachaelSpiffy

This is a very pale baby pink. It looks great for on my pale skin. What I really love is the texture which to my is important. This is smooth and not sticky at all. It is moisturizing which I love. I will definatly be trying many other colors.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2011 9:32:00 PM More reviews by Katillac

This is such a pretty lipgloss! It is extremely moisturizing WITHOUT feeling sticky or tacky (gross). It is a very light, baby pink gloss that goes on with a brush, not sponge. I really like it on its own, as it goes well with my complexion (NC20), but I LOVE it on top of my MAC fuchsia lipliner .... I line and fill my lips with the fuchsia lip liner, and then put this lipgloss on top. It gives a PERFECT pink lip, and because you're using a lipgloss instead of a lipstick, you don't have to worry so much about it feathering out or transferring to your teeth! haha :- Highly recommend! Much better than MAC's lipglosses, which I find to be drying and sticky.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2011 3:18:00 PM More reviews by kasiecakes

This gloss is extremely moisturizing and smooth during application. Even after it fades, my lips feel soft and moisturized for a good while. The color itself is shimmer free and a cool milky light pink. It is a bit light for me to the point that it fades out my natural lip color. This is a great gloss for a heavy Smokey eye. Overall, it was a great buy and as a plus, I bought it for seven dollars on eBay :) I would definitely recommend this to those with dry lips. Also, there is a slight stickiness to this gloss, but not overwhelmingly so. It is thick, and lasts a good hour or two during speaking, food, and drinks before really beginning to fade.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2011 2:19:00 AM More reviews by xleahcarx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

It is a very pale pink. It looks great for my fair skin. I really like it. I love smashbox lip enhancing gloss and have tried many shades. The texture is really smooth and not sticky at all. Feels very moisturizing as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2011 12:14:00 PM More reviews by SavvyChic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm so impressed with this gloss. I've only bought the true version of these glosses thinking I'd get more color. I put this on thick and get as much color as I did with their true color Debut. It also has more shine! Their true version absorbs into my lips, however it must be whatever the ingredients are that has the shine factor, but this lasts far longer and the color is a great natural looking pink on the cooler side. I would say the color itself doesn't pop, but it makes my lips pop. I highly recommend this & want to try more sheer Smashbox glosses & forget their other versions.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2011 1:14:00 AM More reviews by AllAboutMe83

Pop is a very pretty sheer pale pink color with no sparkles yet when applied gives your lips a lovely shine. This can really be worn with almost anything, I have cool/fair skin and this looks great on me, the only thing that I hate is the brush like applicator, the hairs tend to go in all different directions when I pull the wand out, but it's not enough of a reason for me not to repurchase because it is a very pretty color and wears well suprisingly because I have had no luck with any Smashbox products due to their poor staying power, their glosses are the only products I purchase because Im pleased with the quality and love their color selection.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2011 10:11:00 PM More reviews by epaton

I got this from ACW for about $5. What a find!!
A really flattering colour, and I love that it's not shimmery.
Super pretty, great for everyday or to dress up with a smoky eye.

The only thing I don't like is the brush applicator. The smell is a little sickly, but nothing too terrible. Good smooth texture.

Look forward to getting more Smashbox lip glosses!