October 23, 2014 | 1878 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Airbrush Primer

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2008 9:15:00 AM More reviews by pa1555

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this at CVS for 50% off in the clearance aisle...needed something to keep my oily skin in check since it is getting warmer. This does the trick and when I use it with Cornsilk, I don't have to blot or reapply makeup all day. This feels like hydrocortisone cream in that it feels a bit pasty and dries quickly as you smooth it on. I think in another post someone had suggested a medication that could be used as a primer... I just use a little bit but I could use more on my shiny nose. This makes my makeup last as if freshly applied throughout the whole work day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2008 3:21:00 PM More reviews by kinderbabydawl

I saw this last year at CVS and was very curious to try it but at $9.99- I felt a little skeptical about splurging on something that could be useless... I'd rather splurge on a new foundation to get that airbrush look. So I didnt buy it... But I often visited and would always pick it up and put it back on the shelf. This product is very easy to find for me. My Laguna Beach CVS always has it but it's NEVER on sale! (Im soooo jealous of the people that paid like $2 bucks for it! Grrrr) They used to have foundation but I think because of poor sales- it was discontinued and now they only stock the primer. (Im assuming...) Anyway- this went on very smooth and left my skin feeling velvety and baby soft. I apply oil-free moisturizer first after my shower- let that dry- then apply this primer and tada! Ready for foundation... It really improves the texture of my skin! I didnt really notice much of a scent? But maybe because I'm used to Revlon's Colorstay foundation which stinks like chemicals! Overall, Im happy... but wish I could get it on sale. Would repurchase... love that my face feels like baby skin!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/31/2008 6:11:00 PM More reviews by pretty6464

I'm not crazy about the smell of this primer. It's going back. CVS at Union Square in NYC still carries it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2008 6:16:00 PM More reviews by my3sons5

I had high hopes for this product based on reviews found here. Have never really used a "primer" before though by accident found that Olay Regenerist serum ended up being a really nice make-up primer. I have been having some trouble with shiny face syndrome (in the dead of winter, who would have guessed) and was hoping this would set my foundation and prevent that....no such luck.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2008 9:32:00 AM More reviews by sdora

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first primer so I can't compare it to anything. But it does make my makeup stay longer and makeup looks smoother and fresh. I'll be picking up more of these if they're still there.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2007 7:15:00 AM More reviews by golickaclown

I wish I found this on discount, too! Now, I'm usually of the opinion, splurge on the good stuff (usually the specialized stuff) and save on the rest, but oh my god. This is BETTER than Smashbox... if you can find it! I go to about 4-5 CVS on a regular basis and found this in ONE. In a random aisle, out of the MU. If I could go back and buy 4 more, I would, but for the $10 I have to spend on it, I just have to hope they'll still have it when I get back there again. Or, even, that more of the CVS's will carry it. This is the sort of thing you tell all your (good) friends about.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2007 11:45:00 AM More reviews by rainbodragon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I picked up all 5 of these in the 75% off bin in CVS (hope that doesnt mean its discontinued) and I love it. It makes my mmu go on smoother, last longer, and makes pores look smaller. Glides on and feels like powder, not at all greasy. It also helps oil breakthough during the day. Great stuff, please dont be discontinued. EDIT: this stuff has started to seperate or something and is feeling greasy. oh well...so much for hg.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2007 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Ilse333

I've always sought a cheaper alternative to Smashbox Photo Finish but was never really pleased with any other primer until this one. It's ridiculously inexpensive but man, does it do the job. This deserves to be a new beauty secret so pick it up, because on its own at CVS it looks pretty unremarkable. But I am more than impressed. My makeup goes only smoothly, lasts longer and looks more polished. Great product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2007 1:31:00 PM More reviews by nyomya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I saw this primer at CVS a few months ago and checked here at MUA for reviews. No reviews so I didn't want to take a risk by purchasing with $10 for 1oz. In mid September, I saw these at a 90% off clearance bin at a CVS near my work in Tyson Corner, VA. I purchased 3 tubes with willingness of risk ;). I tried the next day prior to my foundation. This is not mentioned as oil-free but didn't make my oily face any oilier. It was still hot in Sep. in DC. I had very long working days but this made my mu longer, easy to blend. This is silicone based and you can see ingredients list in the pictures. I purchased 3 more tubes the next day. It has been over a month now and even with almost everyday used, my first tube (see in the picture without package) seems the same as new. I don't get any clogged pores or breakouts with this primer. Non-greasy and easy to blend with fingers. I use AHA regularly and now using Retin-A micro since a few weeks ago. I have peeling face but this primer makes my face smooth before foundation or powder.

PS. I also tried Airbrush Glow moisturizing makeup with SPF15 but don't like it or recommend it. It is very sheer in coverage and not moisturizing enough to skip regular moisturizer even in cold days in DC. I've medium but the color is too dark/yellow to my taste. Yes, I bought this also with 90% but just skip this mu.

UPDATE 1/7/08: I wish I could give more lippies. This is the best cosmetic I'd ever purchased with one dollar. This is also good under pressed powder. I keep one in my gym bag and pressed powder applied quick and easy as well as long lasting. I don't see more at CVS around DC area. I hope they're not discontinued.

Update 10/13/08: It has been over a year now and I still have my primer tubes and still great as new. I haven't noticed any scent before and now. I am between jobs so did not use much make-up and that's why I still have the tubes. I hope when I run out of my tubes, I could find more at CVS though I hardly noticed in nearby stores. Before I tried this primer, I tried Laura Mercier, Shiseido, and Revlon primers. They are expensive but not merely as good as this cheapie.This probably is the best one-dollar product I'd ever have!