Sonia Kashuk Large Eye Shadow Brush

4.1

I really wanted to like this brush but sadly that is not the case. It sheds every time I use it. Nothing like small black hairs getting in your eyes. Ouch! Back to Target it goes.

on 12/21/2012 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

this review is for the white-handled version of this brush.

i've been using it for years now and it's still awesome - i haven't experienced ANY fraying of the bristles, they're still densely packed together. no shedding whatsoever, and they're still soft after ~4 years of daily use. the metal part is still firmly attached to the handle, no loosening there at all. the only indication as to its age is a couple dents/dings in the wooden handle, but that's it. it's very well made and i'm honestly surprised it's lasted so long, seems a rarity in today's world of planned obsolescence and questionable quality.

also, i like that it's so tiny and has such a short handle - it's perfect for travel, fits in all my small makeup bags with ease, and the white color helps me find it quite easily among a sea of darker makeup items :) can't speak highly enough of this brush!

on 4/15/2012 6:18:00 PM

This brush works great for daily use and last a good amount of time. Mines still good after 6months of daily usage.

on 3/21/2012 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a review for the WHITE HANDLE brush.

The WHITE handle brush is terrible. It's really scratchy and sheds quite a bit. :( I really like Sonia Kashuk's black-handled brushes, however, and recommend those!

on 5/14/2011 7:03:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

This is a great brush! I was actually able to get this on sale at my local Target. It is perfect for just packing on color to the lid or even a highlight sweep under the brow. This is just like a larger flat eye shadow brush. If you come across this on sale, I would say to go for it! Great quality.

on 3/21/2011 5:12:00 PM

I actually managed to pick this up on Clearance a Target (which makes me think it's probably being DCed, though I hope not). I love this brush! I use it to sweep on my highlight color. What I love about it is that at the same time, it does an excellent job of blending in my crease color while applying the highlight color. Seriously makes applying makeup in the mornings so much easier! There was only one left when I bought it, but if I ever see them again, I'm buying backups.

on 12/29/2010 2:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this because I needed a new shadow brush for my crease. I am happy that I did, it works great. Just like many other reviewers said, can't go wrong with SK brushes, and this one is no exception.

I have about 6 brushes, I love this brush for an all over eyeshadow. The hairs are very soft, grabs enough shadow, it applies the shadow very smooth, and a huge prop is the hairs do not fall apart when is time to clean it. :D

on 10/1/2010 11:37:00 AM

When I first ordered this brush I didn't realize how big it was and I wasn't sure how effective it would be, but now I use it every day and will probably buy a couple more. It is has a large, thick, dense head with tightly packed bristles which are perfect for a wash of shadow all over the lid. It picks up colour beautifully and is strong enough to blend it out nicely. This has changed my feeling about eye shadow in general because it makes it so easy to apply. I look forward to using it every day. The package recommends it so sweep colour over the entire lid. Highly recommended.

on 3/28/2010 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Awesome brush for putting on an all over color! I don't have the mac 227, but I expect it to be quite similar. You can even use the tip of this brush to throw on a hilight color. Not bad at all for the price! Only con is that it smells!!!

Top Rated Sonia Kashuk Products