October 23, 2014 | 1989 users online

Eyeliner - Paula's Choice - Constant Color Gel Eyeliner in Smoke

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2009 9:54:00 AM More reviews by shimila

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have terribly oily skin and my eyeliner would always smear and practically be gone by the end of the day. I bought this on clearance to give it a try. I had wanted to try a gel liner, but didn't want to spend a ton of money. I love this stuff! I found it goes on my eyes smoothly and there is hardly any running. It comes off easily and really stand up to my oily skin. I'm definately buying more!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2009 2:56:00 PM More reviews by coralie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This colour has been discontinued so I got it for 50% off. I have been using L'Oreal HIP gel eyeliner in black. I wanted a softer colour for natural, daytime looks, and to use on my lower lash line because I find the black looks too harsh there. When I first opened the container I thought it looked way too light, but when applied it looks good. It seems to dry more slowly than the HIP liner so you have more time to blend and work with it. I just put it on so I can't comment on the staying power yet.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2008 11:31:00 PM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love gel eyeliners, like MAC Fluidlines and Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner, and I was thrilled when Paula came out with her own, slightly cheaper version. And I was even more excited when I discovered that Paula's version included a matte medium gray shade, which I haven't been able to find from any other brand. How disappointed I was, however, when I ordered it and discovered that unlike the MAC and Bobbi Brown versions, PC's Constant Color Gel Eyeliner lacks smoothness, and it skips while applying. I will not repurchase, even though the color would be perfect if the formula were better.
Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyethylene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Lecithin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Propylene Carbonate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Barium Sulfate, Methicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Carmine. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2007 10:50:00 AM More reviews by msdi2u

Excellent grey gel eyeliner! This was what I was hoping Clinique's Brush-On Cream Liner in Smoke Grey was going to be like- but fell horribly short!
I like Paula's Choice gel liners! They are of excellent quality- no smudging, no flaking, and great pigmentation. Unlike the Clinique Smoke Grey, you don't have to keep going over the line over and over with your brush to get the grey color to show up. One stroke- and there it is! Lasts all day, too.
Paula's Choice gel liners are only $10.95 each, but you have to pay for shipping because this is not sold in any stores. (At least not any stores around me.) I usually wait for Paula to advertise her $3 shipping on any order... or free shipping with a $40 purchase, and then I order all of my Paula's Choice products at one time.
When you see the tiny jar this gel liner comes in, it looks like a sample instead of a full-sized jar of gel eyeliner! But if you compare the volume with Bobbi Brown Gel Inks and MAC Fluidlines... the jars all say they have the same amount of product- 1 oz. or 3 grams... so go figure! Maybe it is some sort of optical illusion that the PC gel liners look like you're getting so much less product.
Regardless, I like this Smoke liner! It is not as deep as black, yet it definitely emphasizes your eye color. Smoke is just a flat, grey liner with no sparkle, shimmer or glitter. Excellent for daytime and everyday use. I have hazel eyes, and this grey liner matches the grey ring around my iris. I can see this looking stunning on blue-eyed gals, too. If you are looking for a long-wearing grey liner without any special, added effects (shimmer, glitter, duochrome, etc.)... this one is a great choice and sure to please. For people new to the Paula's Choice line, check it out on the www.cosmeticscop.com website. :o) continued >>