April 20, 2014 | 1612 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - BeneFit Cosmetics - Gee...that was quick! Oil-Free Makeup Remover For Eyes And Face

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2011 6:06:00 PM More reviews by aunttt

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sadly, Benefit no longer makes this face makeup remover. I loved it. I have sensitive skin and this remover took off all my face makeup and left my skin feeling clean. I never used it to remove eye makeup - I use Neutrogena Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover for that and it's terrific. So now I am in themarket for a new oil free face makeup remover - not a cleanser, just a remover. Any suggestions?

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2011 11:21:00 AM More reviews by raindrops_on_roses

Just awful. I received a bottle for free but for the amount Benefit charges for this it should be AT LEAST on par with something you can pick up at CVS. I understand that scrubbing away every trace of stubborn liner/mascara from the lashline is a hard task for any remover, but I tried using this to remove streaks of mascara that had migrated to my cheeks....and it didn't even work there!! UNBELIEVABLE. Plain water is more effective than this stuff. It stings your eyes too. I love some Benefit products, but this particular product is ALL cutesy marketing and no actual payoff, which is the case with quite a few Benefit items. Stay away.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/8/2010 2:02:00 AM More reviews by Christy1745

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Well...this didn't work. That's pretty much all I can say. I scrubbed and scrubbed to remove regular mascara - not waterproof, not long wear. Just regular mascara. And it still wasn't all off. I woke up with dark smudges under my eyes from all the mascara that was still on my lashes. Returned!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2010 11:09:00 PM More reviews by winkkiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this product. I wear Smashbox Jet Set waterproof cream liner which is very stubborn to remove. This remover works pretty quickly and easy around my delicate eye area. I use a q tip to remove the liner so that I get every last bit. It does the trick and does not dry out my skin or leave it feeling greasy.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2010 4:53:00 PM More reviews by bellabambina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this "free" (with purchase) at Sephora.com. It wouldnt fully remove the UD 24/7 eyeliner I was wearing. I saturated a cotton swab with this stuff and kept rubbing it over the eyeliner, but no dice. So basically, it's a fail. I guess an expensive brand-name doesnt guarantee that it will do what it is supposed to.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/13/2010 9:29:00 PM More reviews by jingleszz

I don't know if I'm sensitive to it or something, but the area around my nose is left very dry and quite painful whenever I've finished using this. Yesterday night was the 2nd time I tried using it, and because this remover left a thin film on my face (which I really hate) I decided to wash it off with my non-drying facial cleanser (Himalaya Herbals Neem Cleanser) but boy! It left my face really really dry and tight, a feeling I've not experienced in a long time! I'm pretty sure it was the remover as I've not changed anything else in my routine.
This makeup remover is definitely NOT suitable for the area around the eyes, because it stings the eyes! Really hate that! And the worst part is that the remover left obvious fine lines around my eyes! Not sure if I used too much force to remove my eye makeup with it, or it's too harsh..
I'm either throwing it out or using it on my face ONLY.
Only plus point is the nice scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2010 11:01:00 PM More reviews by audmac

Im very happy with this, and surprised that it got some bad reviews. I wear lots of layers of makeup (mineral powder foundation, concealor, bronzer, blush, setting powder and highlighter, not to mention eyes: primer, shadows, liner and mascara) and this stuff takes it all off. I just squirt some on a couple of large fluffy cotton squares- laura mercier or shu ones are my favs- and everything comes off pretty quick and easily and my face feels light and clean. Only complaint is its expensive pricetag.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2009 12:08:00 AM More reviews by yolp1945

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This destroyed my face.

I've always used cleansing oils (Fancl's, Biore's, Shiseido's) to clean my face. People usually use cleansing oils to wash off a heavy face of makeup, right? But you see, I never did have the need to wear foundation, because my skin has always been clear. My point of using cleansing oils was because they worked a miracle on waterproof eye makeup.

Anyways, I was drawn to Benefit's makeup remover because of it's cute packaging. I had doubts about using a cotton ball to wipe makeup from my face because it feels like I'm pushing things further into my pores. Whatever. The SA told me that this removes waterproof eyemakeup, too. I was skeptical, but I bought it anyways.

It does not remove waterproof makeup. At all.

I had to go buy L'Oreal's eyemakeup remover (it's pretty good, and it's cheap, but that's another story.)

And within days, my skin clogged up. I continued to use it because I thought it might've been hormones that cause my skin to go berserk. Turns out it wasn't. I stopped using this and went back to oils.

If I could turn back time, I'd never have bought this. It destroyed my face. (Now my skin is back to normal though..but those weeks of living with blemishes and bumps and bad pores...it was enough to last me a lifetime)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2009 9:47:00 PM More reviews by 7954

has a really lovely subtle smell, adorable packaging, you get a lot of product, annnd removes makeup!
BUT made my eyes sting so bad! and it's way expensive
won't repurchase due to the ridiculous price

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2009 12:15:00 AM More reviews by annabellegan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Ghastly is too good a adjective to describe this substandard eye makeup remover. Consider it my wretched luck to have to use this crap on my poor eyes! I went home with my girlfriend after we called it a night partying, and she handed me her bottle of this abomination to remove my kabuki face. I damn well near had to take off the skin of my eye area because I had to scrub hard, not wipe, with it. Instead of dissolving all traces of eye makeup like a good makeup remover should, it just melts and smears the gunk around. Goodbye, eight hour-old doll eyes; hello, raccoon-panda hybrid eyes. My girl had to dig around for her miniature bottle of Bobbi Brown Eye Makeup Remover, so that I could clean up the dreadful mess Gee left behind. The former took everything off like a dream upon contact. Mind you, I only had on the standard fare of MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil, two lashings of DiorShow mascara and Shu Uemura eyeshadows, not like some stubborn stage makeup! Utterly reprehensible and a vile disgrace to eye makeup removers. I can only lament on the fact that I am unable to award this -5 instead of the undeserving 1.