July 28, 2014 | 1733 users online

Body Scrubs - Salt

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2014 3:44:00 PM More reviews by baldymonster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am definitely not brave enough to try this on my face, but I love mixing even amounts of salt and coconut oil to make an exfoliating scrub for my body in the shower. It's my secret recipe for ridiculously smooth skin, and it also helps prevent razerburn if shaving happens beforehand. Only caveat: it stings like the burning retribution of an angry god on any cuts or scrapes you might have (and I'm one of those bruises-like-a-peach people who always has some kind of scrape going on, so.) You can also add a couple drops of essential oil to the recipe for a nice scent while you're going about your exfoliating business - orange oil is my favorite for that. Smells wonderful, and no perfume headache afterwards.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by JadaIgwe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In combination with a product, salt adds as a great exfoliator and gently dries out skin. I always noticed my skin looks great after being at the beach so I gave it a try. Just make sure you grind down the salt quite a bit.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2013 11:55:00 PM More reviews by aghareeb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just gave myself the nicest, easiest facial ever. I mixed a bit of honey, some Castille soap, a dash of jojoba and table salt. my skin feels great, and the whole thing probably cost 50 cents.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/13/2013 4:44:00 PM More reviews by philipjfryxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

OH MY GOOOD.
Normally i don't have a sensitive skin. I tried it instead of my usual scrub and OMG. My face is super-super-super red as a tomato, it burns, tights.. I feel like i have a face in some fire!!!! Oh my god, how could i do that!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 9:41:00 PM More reviews by dc1407

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been trying to use more DIY/homemade/organic skincare products, where possible. Salt is handy because it's in everyone's kitchen and it's so cheap and versatile, yet so effective!

The exfoliating properties of salt are amazing and the amount of beauty 'recipes' I can concoct with this one product is amazing. I use it on its on, or mixed with oils and it gives the most wonderful exfoliation for my back!

If you haven't used salt, try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2013 7:02:00 AM More reviews by Smashra08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Fantastic as a face and body scrub but the trick is to not over do it. My skin can tolerate exfoliation quite well, it seems that I have a high cell turn over rate or something, so that may explain why my face can handle it. I found with myself that using salt scrub I got very similar results ( and feels quite the same) as microdermabrasion sessions. So most people wouldnt tolerate this multiple times a week.

I would recommend using a teaspoon in some olive oil, spread over face and body and scrub gently. If you have sensitive skin just use a bit less. Like I said previously my skin can handle this quite well so Ive used double that amount of salt before and left it on for a few mins before washing off

I use this as a body polish as well, it works fantastically well. I mix with coconut oil and leaves skin silky smooth and shiny :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2012 9:31:00 AM More reviews by sheejee

I use ordinary table salt to exfoliate with, and I can honestly say it is one of the best physical scrubs I have ever used for an easy and quick exfoliation.

I usually hate the trouble of exfoliating, but this makes it so easy that it I do it every two days and it keeps my skin healthy, shiny and clear.

This is MUCH better than sugar for exfoliating my face, however I use sugar and olive oil for my body after shaving because salt would be too painful on cuts and scrapes!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2012 9:10:00 AM More reviews by perfectionobsession

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought so many scrubs and nothing could compare to this. I find that scrubs have large size granules that really irritates the skin. With salt you could actually make the granules smaller, depending on what you like, by stirring it with water until some of it dissolves. The exfoliating effect is sooo natural, I use this one a week with honey and a bit of water.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2012 6:21:00 AM More reviews by sayakhansa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this salt scrub! Chemical exfoliators tend to dry the hell out of my skin and are very ineffective (in my opinion). I've tried several homemade scrubs like sugar, coffee, oatmeal, brown sugar but nothing exfoliates as effective as salt. It gets rid of all flakes (my skin flakes very easily) and I usually mix the salt with olive oil to give my skin a moisture boost and this mixture has changed the texture of my skin. It's cheap, effective and all natural. Thumbs up and I'll never buy chemical exfoliators ever again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2010 8:23:00 PM More reviews by GingerLemon

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

After reading the reviews, I decided to try this.
I mix coarse sea salt with honey, various oils and essential oils.
This scrub is better than any other scrub I have used--my skin is soft and glowing after I shower.
I love that I can change up the oils and scents that I use with the salt--
peppermint--lemon--lavender--whatever strikes my fancy--and I experiment with different oils--avacado--olive--hazelnut--grapeseed--jojoba.
It's fun to experiment and the result is always soft and glowing skin.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No