Galderma - Benzac AC 5 (benzoyl peroxide gel 5%)

on 7/6/2015 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Harsh! Not for acne spot treatmentt. Left a dark brown spot on my cheek which is so ugly. I think i overuse it. If you want to treat occassional breakout, try something else. Baby your face. I will never use it again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This product does work, but I want to stress that if you use it all the time then it will age you quickly. I've noticed that after using this product for over a year my face has aged a lot and I'm only 27. For this reason I've decided to only use this as a spot treatment and not for my whole face. Now that I'm getting older I think I'm going to invest in a good skin care line that beauticians or face spas recommend.

on 10/3/2014 8:28:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Absolutely brilliant I don't say that about really any skincare but this is 10/10. It isn't thick, heavy, oily, drying or anything it's just perfect. Before I used benzac I had these pimples around sides of face that would not go away no matter what I did, I tried loads on face washes, oil free, unclogging etc none worked at all. Then after 2 days of benzac 5% the pimples just come to the top ready to squeeze it's great.

on 8/31/2014 1:22:00 AM

I've always suffered from black heads on my nose and spots on the sides of my cheeks. I've tried everything to clear the spots and blackheads but nothing worked except this. Within 5 days my nose was completely clear of black heads and my cheeks spot free. Absolutely in love with this product!

on 5/2/2014 7:12:00 PM

I've had acne for the past 10yrs but in the last 2 months my face broke out like I've never seen it before. Both cheeks were full of cystic acne as well as regular zits. it was incredibly itchy and painful to the touch. My doctor gave me retin a and that helped quite a bit but you go through the dreaded retin a purge where it gets worse before it gets better. anyway in the last 2 weeks most of my cystic acne is gone and just massive zits remain all over my cheeks. I decided to try the 5% gel to get rid of spots overnight. Am overjoyed to say that this worked like a charm. This gel combined with my cetaphil gentle cleanser is now my hg routine. It dried up about 70% of my zits the first night alone and it's been getting better and better. You do need to moisturise afterwards because it can leave your skin feeling dry and flaky.

on 2/25/2014 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I used Benzac 5% for around a year and a half after my sister told me to and I was like whatever, sure. Soon realised it worked so well. I have extremely oily skin, have always had quite bad pimples, but I'm not that vain so I just got used them in my teenage years. After using this for maybe two months I had fairly clear skin, maybe one or two pimples occasionally. I got so used to having clear skin, I didn't even wear makeup and it was totally fine.

In Nov 2013 I decided to stop using it and see what happened, SUCH A BAD IDEA. I got terrible, terrible breakouts Dec 2013- Jan 2014, possibly the worst I've ever had. My forehead was constantly bumpy and I was getting horn pimples in bizarre places (don't know the official term, maybe cysts haha). It's also summer here, so I was not wearing makeup at all, only moisturiser and a non-clogging sunscreen (tried and tested previously), so I couldn't blame any other facial products.

I started feeling really self conscious about my face, it was horrible, so I went back to the gel. After two weeks ish of using it basically twice a day to really obliterate the pimples, I'm almost back to my clear skin. I still have pimples and red spots and sometimes horns but they disappear quicker, I now don't wear makeup (because I'm lazy) and I'm not self conscious at all about my face. It says on the packet that it can take up to a month to be perrrrrfect so I've still got a week or two to get to that point, hoping I'm am clear faced after that!

Also a lot of people say this product is quite drying, my general opinion on that is GIVE ME MORE. I have very oily skin, like, wipe with a cloth in the middle of the day because its so oily, so anything with 'drying' effects is like, yes, yes come to me. With this, I think its less oily during the day, but regardless, I notice no problems with peeling or tight skin. Holy grail for sure.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Holy grail product for me. I'm 23, have had moderate acne since puberty. For me, nothing works better than this gel used all over my face morning and night after a 2% salicylic acid toner (which helps to 'slough off' the dry/dead skin the benzac creates). I tend to stray/get lazy with my routine but this clears my skin right up in just a few weeks of use every time I go back to it! Initially there is some dryness/peeling but that's normal and subsides after 4 weeks or so. It also works on any disgusting body acne I get (sweat pimples etc) AND ON INGROWN HAIRS! My only complaint is there isn't more in the tube because I go through so much of the stuff!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

It is a worthwhile product to have in your essentials skincare routine if your skin is acne-prone. It does sting and irritate a little upon your first week or so of appliance, but should be able to apply liberally after the initial stage. Heat and sunlight do not go well with this product, and heightened the itching burning sensation, so use with caution in summer. For those with normal-sensitivity skin, start off with this one. Those with sensitive skin, go with the 2.5%. Never start off with the 10%. That is unless you have skin as tough as Smaug.

on 12/18/2013 9:06:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

It's harsh, it hasn't cleared up my acne at all, but it makes me feel better to apply something instead of being helplessly blemished!

on 10/26/2013 4:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

love but not HG! has done great things but no real hype! would buy again, but still searching for my HG product.

Popular Treatments (Face)