Joico Body Luxe Thickening Shampoo

2.9

on 4/28/2015 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I'm surprised a lot of negative reviews here. This work perfect for thin-hair! It does give you a lot of volumes, but keep in mind the more volumes, the dryer! Its impossible to have shiny, moist and volume by just using the shampoo alone!

I personally match this up with Paul Mitchell's Super Strength Conditioner to balance up the dryness. (Yes, it will be dry if you match with the same joico body luxe conditioner) The Joico Hair Mousse styling product from the same line also give you dramatic result. (I find these 3 are the best combo!)

For the ingredient perspective, if you spend some time reading it. You will see Joico actually put some good efforts in. (Much better then their same price range competitor Matrix, Paul Mitchell and other brand). There are skin-cared alike ingredient such as Peptides ( x 3 of them at the very very front list). Hydrolyzed Wheat protein. Karetin is also presented in the upper ingredient list.

Ammonium Laureth Sulfate is the main mild detergent, its much better then the harsh Sodium Lauryl Sulfate which many drug brand or even salon brand use it.

Price wise this is very economic budget friendly if you get the 1L size! (around 20$CND, very nice deal) If you have normal to thin hair, this is totally recommend it. (Note: If you afraid of the dryness, my suggestion would be, get this and alter with another richer less drying regular shampoo.)

on 4/16/2015 5:47:00 PM

I used this shampoo along with the conditioner for about 2 months before I realized that the scalp dryness was caused by the products and not by the dry weather. The shampoo is very volumizing and smells great, which is why I kept using it for so long. the downside is is that it irritated my scalp big time! I have now been trying to recover my dry, damaged and flaky scalp for 2 months to no avail!
I recommend paying close attention to how your scalp feels when using this shampoo, and to stop using it at the first sign of itching. Don't keep ignoring the signs like I did...

on 8/2/2014 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really wish I would have done more research before buying this at a liter sale at Ulta. I really thought this shampoo (and conditioner) would be great for my limp, fine hair. Upon using it for the first time, I immediately noticed how weird it felt when lathering. My hair felt very stringy and tangly. I decided to disregard how awful it made my hair feel while washing it because the results I saw after blow-drying my hair were really great - my hair felt clean and actually had body.

It's now been a few weeks since I started using this and I noticed that A LOT more of my hair has been falling out. I mean to the point where I was becoming paranoid that there's something medically wrong with me. After reading reviews on here, I now realize that it has to be this shampoo that's making my hair fall out. I don't care how nice it makes my hair look, it's not worth it!!!

on 12/11/2013 11:04:00 AM

This stuff works for me. Can even go an extra day between washes. Have fine, thin menapausal hair... Did not give it 5 stars because I can't seem to find out if its okay for color treated hair. Just need a little bit of shampoo. Do not notice a scent. Would repurchase, although husband does not like it. Glad I found this after trying many others.

on 3/14/2013 2:56:00 PM

This is literaly the worst shampoo I've ever used- and I've used a lot! It made my hair feel so greasy, even more greasy than before washing it. It did not give me volume watsoever and it seemed to irritate my scalp. The smell is not that bad but its not great. Definitely not worth the price, there are much better shampoos for cheaper!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my HG shampoo. My hair is generally normal and wavy, nothing too problematic or crazy, although I notice that too many sulfates (read: drugstore shampoos) make me shed more than usual. Also, I usually wash my hair every other day.
A reviewer before me said it perfectly: this gives me "Bentley" hair. Socialite hair. Fresh-cut celebrity hair. This shampoo strengthens the individual strand instead of actually volumizing your entire head; I wouldn't recommend it to those lacking volume or fine-haired girls whatsoever. It just plumps up my strands and smooths them. No frizz and it dries incredibly! I will continue buyin this, no doubt, although I did invest in a huge bottle + pump since its a better deal.

on 8/9/2012 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this at the ULTA liter sale along with the conditioner. I was looking for something the gave body to my fine, shoulder length hair, which it did give me some but also caused a lot of breakage. After shampooing it left a film on my hair that I thought the conditioner would help but was still there after using the conditioner. It was hard to comb through before blowing out my hair and I felt it took extra time to get it dry as well. For me neither the shampoo or conditioner worked for what I wanted. I returned after using for 3 weeks.

on 7/23/2012 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This does not give me zoomed-up Ferrari volume, which I expected at this price. It does, however, give me sophisticated, subdued, socialite hair. Bentley hair. Smooth and radiant, always looks like it was cut yesterday, my curls look like they just slid off an iron instead of running rampant all around my head.I have more volume at the scalp, yes, but it's a restrained, tasteful volume.

I like this shampoo, but it is stupid expensive, especially when used with the equally spendy conditioner.

on 4/22/2012 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Very mediocre product. I really can't wait to use up this shampoo.. although I don't really want to because it makes my hair greasy within a day! This stuff gives me no volume and makes my hair a lot more greasy than other shampoos. Will not repurchase. Conditioner isn't that much better either.

on 4/13/2012 5:10:00 PM

Just bought this yesterday and the reason I bought it is because of how wonderful it smelled! Really!!! After reading some reviews, I couldn't believe that some people hated the smell of it. I just loved it so much! So I really hope I'd like the shampoo and it wouldn't make my hair fall out, like it was mentioned in some reviews...