September 22, 2014 | 956 users online

Shampoo - Joico - Body Luxe Thickening Shampoo

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2014 11:25:00 AM More reviews by kpetersen89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really wish I would have done more research before buying this at a liter sale at Ulta. I really thought this shampoo (and conditioner) would be great for my limp, fine hair. Upon using it for the first time, I immediately noticed how weird it felt when lathering. My hair felt very stringy and tangly. I decided to disregard how awful it made my hair feel while washing it because the results I saw after blow-drying my hair were really great - my hair felt clean and actually had body.

It's now been a few weeks since I started using this and I noticed that A LOT more of my hair has been falling out. I mean to the point where I was becoming paranoid that there's something medically wrong with me. After reading reviews on here, I now realize that it has to be this shampoo that's making my hair fall out. I don't care how nice it makes my hair look, it's not worth it!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2013 11:04:00 AM More reviews by suelou88

This stuff works for me. Can even go an extra day between washes. Have fine, thin menapausal hair... Did not give it 5 stars because I can't seem to find out if its okay for color treated hair. Just need a little bit of shampoo. Do not notice a scent. Would repurchase, although husband does not like it. Glad I found this after trying many others.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by kimhachey

This is literaly the worst shampoo I've ever used- and I've used a lot! It made my hair feel so greasy, even more greasy than before washing it. It did not give me volume watsoever and it seemed to irritate my scalp. The smell is not that bad but its not great. Definitely not worth the price, there are much better shampoos for cheaper!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by SleepIsTheCousin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my HG shampoo. My hair is generally normal and wavy, nothing too problematic or crazy, although I notice that too many sulfates (read: drugstore shampoos) make me shed more than usual. Also, I usually wash my hair every other day.
A reviewer before me said it perfectly: this gives me "Bentley" hair. Socialite hair. Fresh-cut celebrity hair. This shampoo strengthens the individual strand instead of actually volumizing your entire head; I wouldn't recommend it to those lacking volume or fine-haired girls whatsoever. It just plumps up my strands and smooths them. No frizz and it dries incredibly! I will continue buyin this, no doubt, although I did invest in a huge bottle + pump since its a better deal.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2012 2:13:00 PM More reviews by jkonstan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this at the ULTA liter sale along with the conditioner. I was looking for something the gave body to my fine, shoulder length hair, which it did give me some but also caused a lot of breakage. After shampooing it left a film on my hair that I thought the conditioner would help but was still there after using the conditioner. It was hard to comb through before blowing out my hair and I felt it took extra time to get it dry as well. For me neither the shampoo or conditioner worked for what I wanted. I returned after using for 3 weeks.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2012 3:26:00 PM More reviews by apparently

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This does not give me zoomed-up Ferrari volume, which I expected at this price. It does, however, give me sophisticated, subdued, socialite hair. Bentley hair. Smooth and radiant, always looks like it was cut yesterday, my curls look like they just slid off an iron instead of running rampant all around my head.I have more volume at the scalp, yes, but it's a restrained, tasteful volume.

I like this shampoo, but it is stupid expensive, especially when used with the equally spendy conditioner.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2012 5:46:00 PM More reviews by DrMAC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Very mediocre product. I really can't wait to use up this shampoo.. although I don't really want to because it makes my hair greasy within a day! This stuff gives me no volume and makes my hair a lot more greasy than other shampoos. Will not repurchase. Conditioner isn't that much better either.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by anutka28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Just bought this yesterday and the reason I bought it is because of how wonderful it smelled! Really!!! After reading some reviews, I couldn't believe that some people hated the smell of it. I just loved it so much! So I really hope I'd like the shampoo and it wouldn't make my hair fall out, like it was mentioned in some reviews...

rated 1 of 5 on 4/13/2012 5:44:00 AM More reviews by linneahurtig

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My hair is thin and gets oily in one day (yey, happy me... :/).
As my hair isnt that dry, and that I make sure I cut my hair regulary, Im not really in need of a heavy moisturizing Shampoo. This isnt heavy in any way but it isnt drying either. Its very well balanced for my type of hair.

If your hair is dry or damaged I dont think this will work though.

My thin scandinavian hair loves this in conjuction with the conditioner in the same line!

Would buy again!

UPDATE! -----------------------------------------------------------
as other reviews stated: this range makes my hair very weighed down, greasy and just blah.

i use shu uemura moroto range right now and its not even comparable

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2012 8:51:00 PM More reviews by amac4

I saw all of the negative reviews for this shampoo and I had to write my own.
I think this shampoo is fantastic for one reason: it makes my super fine, super oily hair feel light, clean and abundant.
I think that they key is your hair type. Don't use this if you need any moisture at all. This is for the flat hair gals only.
I've spent tons of money trying different shampoos and this is the only one I've ever stuck with for more then a bottle or two.
The smell I find very strong and slightly offensive but that's because it's loaded with chemicals just like all other non-organic shampoos. But at least this one works.