September 3, 2014 | 1041 users online

Eye Shadow - Bobbi Brown - Long-Wear Cream Shadow in Bone

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2014 11:33:00 AM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I use this from lashline to brow every single day. It's perfect. Doesn't crease ever on my oily lids. Alone it's a great wake-me-up or with a plain black line makes a clean cat eye look. But as a base wow the colors really stick and POP over this. It's not obnoxious glaring white but very bright. I'm an NW 20 /NW 30 tan. On my 3rd pot of this. Brush app much deeper than finger (plus I have long nails anyway). I use a special cream shadow brush by buxom and wipe after each use. I have this in 4 other colors!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2014 1:36:00 AM More reviews by mehays

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I finally found a matte long-wearing e/s close to my skin tone. I like the feel of Smashbox cream shadows better but really wanted something this color. It functions as a primer and base for me. I have no creasing with this

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by brettandrea

I was looking for a base eyeshadow I could wear as an everyday eyeshadow. I chose this after reading the reviews. It is a great neutral base. It evens out the skin tone just enough. I can wear it alone or with many other colours. I like how creamy the application feels. It does have staying power too! I was surprised how "crusty" it made my brush feel on the next application. This was easy to fix by wiping the brush a few times on a tissue before dipping into the pot. Easy application, great staying power. A great everyday eyeshadow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2013 8:54:00 PM More reviews by Alfordalice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Matte warm colour less harsh than white. Great for on the lid with a cat eyeliner look, or on the brow bone to highlight without obnoxious shimmer. Great staying power. Also works as a base for other shadows.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2013 12:14:00 AM More reviews by julia178

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Bone is hands down my favorite matte base cream shadow. It is the perfect neutral color for my light skin tone (NW15), it evens out my lids and creates the perfect canvas for any cream or powder shadow that I apply afterwards and it also looks great on its own on low key days like the weekend. One very important note on the shade description: Bone Cream Eye shadow, when it was first launched was a warm toned cream color with a distinct yellow note. Needless to say, for my skin tone that "old" Bone did not work, the yellow was just too obvious. Shortly after Bone initially came out a shade called Navajo Cream Eye Shadow was launched which was a neutral offwhite with a very subtle pinkish undertone. Navajo was perfect for my skin tone, and I was devastated when I wanted to reorder Navajo from the BB website, only to find out that Navajo had been discontinued! I went to my BB counter at Nordstrom to see if they had any Navajo left and the SA confirmed that the name Navajo was indeed changed - and this lovely lady made my day by telling me that Najavo is in fact still around, but in disguise, because it is now called Bone - go figure. I would have never guessed, but I took her word for it, tried the "new" Bone and she is absolutely right: This "new" Bone is in fact my beloved Navajo, so all is good :)
I am not a big fan of the packaging of the Longwear Eye Shadows, as it is hard to get to the rest of the product once you reach the halfway mark, but I am willing to put up with it since this is such an excellent staple product for me. Retails for $24.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2013 3:53:00 AM More reviews by lichi79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I will repurchase as a sheer primer only. It is nice to find something subtle and different. It provides some color, but not enough to brighten the eye area or help cover dark circles. As a sheer primer it is way better than UD PP or Too faced Insurance. Compared to MAC PP, these don't have as much pigment as MAC. Excellent quality though, there was absolutely NO creasing or smudging with these. Also, you don't feel it on your lid. The package is elegant looking but heavy for travelling.
But, MY HG is MAC Paint Bare Canvas, have more than ten years using it!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by spikester

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best cream eyeshadow that I have ever used. I use it as an eye primer and like it better than any other primer. I have used quite a few primers (Urban Decay, Bare Escentuals, MAC Paint Pot etc) and this one tops all of them. It brightens the eye and makes your shadow much more vibrant. It also lasts all day. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 4:19:00 PM More reviews by dellywoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Great neutral shade for my nw15 skin. Perfect base for other shadows. I use this instead of a primer. Doesn't crease and lasts a long time. I apply with my finger, which is a little awkward due to the shape of the pot. Otherwise I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2013 4:14:00 PM More reviews by sandrap0209

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think it's the best cream eyeshadow, I almost use it every day because its the perfect base, makes your powder eyeshadows stay for all day long and the color it's beautiful works perfect for day or night. it's a must in my makeup!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2012 6:15:00 PM More reviews by DarceyLondon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this eyeshadow after some magazine reviews suggested it was a great shade to help you look more awake (something I desperately need as a mum). I have very fair, dry, sensitive skin and my eyelids are quite red and often a bit flaky. This eyeshadow is perfect for me. It doesn't irritate or sting and a little bit goes a long way. It doesn't 'catch' on the flakes and the colour really takes away the redness giving a much more even skin tone. I wear it on its own or as a great base. (I really like to wear it under 'candelight'.) Plus, it really does make me look fresh and awake - great for when I've been up all night with the kids but don't want to look like it!