October 24, 2014 | 902 users online

Mascara - The Body Shop - Double Intensity Mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2011 1:09:00 PM More reviews by slivka81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Being a natural blond, i have fairly long but quite sparse and light lashes. I am usually looking for a mascara that will give me good volume (as I believe that any mascara lengthens as it coats your lashes in color). i was not very convinced to start with, but i warmed to this mascara. I noticed that after applying the primer, it's best to wait for a few minutes before applying the actual mascara.It gives me better results. It defines lashes nicely, doesn't clump or smudge, although as for volume, nothing spectacular. The best thing about this mascara for me is that it stays on for whole day regardless environmental conditions. I travel a lot in my job, going from cold to hot temperature (metro which is hot and then out, where is cold), I often work in wet conditions also. This mascara stays on!I would not pay the full price though, as I think it's a bit too expensive for what it actually does.If I get it online cheaper, than I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2011 10:02:00 AM More reviews by danaylchan

To begin with, I have short, sparse and thin lashes so a good mascara is a MUST! being a body shop member, I wanted to try out a mascara because of the discount and after looking at the reviews, this one seemed to have the highest ratings, so i picked this. I LOVE this mascara, the first coat of the white layer immediately makes my lashes look longer! The black makes my thin lashes thicker and fuller! It holds the curl pretty well and does not smudge, flake or anything! Living in Hong Kong, which is a ridiculously humid place, many mascaras just smudge after an hour, so this was very impressive since it wasn't waterproof. It also comes off very easily. However, it isn't particularly give a lot of volume, so after the white, i use another volume mascara, (Mavala eye-lite, which is perfect for me but it smudges) and then i add the black coat on top of that. Its the perfect solution to each other! Although it doesnt clump a lot, i still use a spoolie but that is probably because i am not very good with putting on makeup.

bottom line is that i love this mascara and i would buy it again

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2010 5:57:00 PM More reviews by ifyoureintoit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely one of the BEST mascaras I've ever tried! The effect is AMAZING. Doesn't clump, doesn't make lashes like spider legs. Just awesome! So glad I got this! :D

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2009 8:16:00 AM More reviews by georginaflower

good lengthening mascara and doesnt all clump together, all it would just be easier if you didnt have to put two different parts. They should just make the lengthening side black. Nice wands.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2009 7:53:00 PM More reviews by kkler1988

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hands down, the best mascara!! I feel it is highly under promoted and needs to be tried atleast once by every woman. I have tried every make of mascara from MAC, Benefit, Lancome and YSL to Maybelline and Rimmel, but this Body Shop one is amazing!!
No bad comments what-so-ever, it doesn't dry out quick or clump up.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2008 2:51:00 AM More reviews by jusslike_honee09

This is probably the best mascara I have every used!
I have tried almost all the mascaras out their from Loreal to Napolean Perdis to Estee Lauder and I must say that for this price and quality its beats out al the competition. I have very short eyelashes and I just give a quick sweep of the primer to both my eyes and then about 2-3 coats of the mascara starting from base to tip really slow and WOW!
Compared to other primer+ mascara products out there i found this one went on the cleanest with little to NO clumps. I AM buying this product again for shure and am so excited to tell all my freinds!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2007 9:14:00 PM More reviews by Wuzzo

This is a new product from The Body Shop. It's a two-step volumizing and lengthening mascara that claims to create dramatically thicker, longer lashes. One end contains a white coating designed to extend the lashes while the second end thickens the lashes. I'm pleased to say, it works, and it doesn't smudge at all. The not-too-big brush is especially nice for deep set eyes and has the spiral design that's supposed to fully coat the lashes on all "sides." Definitely one of the better mascaras for the middle-of-the-road price.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No